Author Topic: Knights Grand Tournament  (Read 10163 times)

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +193/-5
  • Knight of the Inner Sphere
Re: Knights Grand Tournament
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 08:33:27 PM »
Keep in mind guys that though this tourny is planned for march, it may get pushed back due to lack of teams.

If we get a minimum 8 signed up by the end of the month I will go ahead with it.

I've seen several new units around lately, but I wonder if any of them are large or organized enough to take part in this.

I may even advertise in the main forums if its quiet by this Sunday. Matchmaker forums are dug pretty down deep here...
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline xDeityx

• Alphatester
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +68/-2
  • "War is fear cloaked in courage." Gen Westmoreland
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 09:25:02 PM »
I may even advertise in the main forums if its quiet by this Sunday. Matchmaker forums are dug pretty down deep here...

Do that now IMO.
"Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the One, One is a Warrior, and He will bring the others back." --  Heraclitus

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 09:49:58 PM »
I might, I will have to keep a strict cap then though.

Massive tourny will be a bitch and a half for me to organize. :X

But then again we still might not get the teams we need, not really sure what the state of MWLL competition is atm.
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline :(

• Alphatester
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-14
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 11:41:07 PM »
there are so many players out there who aren't part of a group.  some posted in this thread.  give them some time to organized on teamspeak and try and get together.  more competition, more fun.
The Left Radar boob is your best friend

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 06:03:03 AM »
After some calculations I think that if it is an 8 team tourny best of 5 is possible.

Anything beyond that will have to be best of 3.

I will make a relevant thread in the main forum tomorrow.
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline Leggat

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +14/-0
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 06:03:27 AM »
Thanks for setting this up, Invictus.  Perhaps this deserves a thread of its own, but could a temporary pre-tourney warmup server be hosted somewhere to rotate a few of the maps that just aren't in common rotation?  Just curious.

Offline blasto

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +29/-0
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 07:17:35 AM »
Trying to devise strategies for maps I've never seen before has been a major concern for me.  We've since found a player in our ranks with enough horsepower to run a server which will solve this issue for us (Leggat up above is in our clan so he'll be covered).  Some of the unaffiliated players may still have this problem though, unless they can run their own local server.  I'd suggest they try this, if only just to get the layout of these maps so they're not going in blind.

Offline TheSneak

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-0
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 08:11:23 AM »
Go in blind!!

That way you wont... see you and your team die?

Sorry.

Yeah The Dominoes are having this problem, but we are counting on awesomeness to save us, and invisible rock formations to snare the feet of our enemies.  8)
"We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about." -A. Einstein

Offline blasto

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +29/-0
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 10:05:12 AM »
Instructions for setting up your own MWLL server can be found here:

http://wiki.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?title=Dedicated_Server

Offline ELH_AIMB

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +21/-0
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 11:24:13 PM »
Forbidden livestream plz, cuz it can help to play not fair. I mean next: every will know livestream link. every, who will play in match can join livestream and listen it and play in match in 1 time. he can hear something about enemy mechs or location.
Trololo-trololo I'm riding on UFO.

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 01:35:15 AM »
Not quite sure how livestream is going to work though yet, it would be nice to have, but it probably wont happen.
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2012, 01:50:24 PM »
Can MWLL be streamed live through X-Fire? It would be a good advertisement platform to showcase gameplay through X-Fire.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2012, 08:01:36 PM »
I was going to try some sort of way to get it through to JTV myself, if there are better ways plz tell me.
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline Urishima }12thVR{

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +33/-0
  • Abacus
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2012, 09:01:07 AM »
Forbidden livestream plz, cuz it can help to play not fair. I mean next: every will know livestream link. every, who will play in match can join livestream and listen it and play in match in 1 time. he can hear something about enemy mechs or location.

I think we are all mature enough not to cheat even when the possibility is there.

Livestreaming would be a good way to get people interested. Just post the link to the stream on random forums and see how many people show up.
Ghiest: I suggest trying to control your forum torrettes with copious amounts of weed.

KingLeerUK: Right now playing puretech is like riding a bike without a seat; you're putting yourself through some unnecessary discomfort and everyone else on the trail is looking at you funny.

Bill: You're a massive gay. Let's bum.
Deathbane: Let's.

My Youtube channel filled with MWLL awesomeness!

Offline MerfMerf

• Lead Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar, 331st Feral Fangs
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2012, 10:51:56 AM »
Regardless of live stream service I tend to think it is nice to also have a vid on youtube available. Tends to be a better service for watching things at a later time and also much easier to spread to other people. Everyone will recognize a youtube link and has no problems clicking them. So if someone live streams.. I would much appreciate if there is also a youtube vid available (be that as part of the live stream service or recorded separately or whatever).

Perhaps this is just my personal preference though?

/Merf - Rarely watches live streams, but often watches stored videos.