Author Topic: 5v5 Tournament this March  (Read 9783 times)

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +193/-5
  • Knight of the Inner Sphere
Re: 5v5 Tournament this March
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 10:18:25 PM »
IF you can't manage you two can just join the existing merc team to help pad the pilots so you're more likely to have people available at all match times.

A bit sad RDL won't be joining us, but rest assured Vitos's many sexy maps will see action.  ;)
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Zyllos

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 11:35:24 PM »
=CJW= Rajveer, I would like to also sign up. That would mean we need what, two more?

Offline OldWateley

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +4/-0
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 11:50:20 PM »
I'll try to rally a few mercs to join me and Bruno for an 8th team.
You can count me in the second merc team.

Offline =9th= PsYLesS

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +13/-0
    • 9th BloodandFire
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2012, 12:17:03 AM »
Yeah iīm with ya invictus, wondering why RDL isnīt signing up. Maybe some of us ask them on the field on their server whats about this tournament and why they arenīt available.
Stay Tuned, Play Hard, Be Real!!

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2012, 01:13:29 AM »
We've got a 6 man merc team and another 4 man merc team is forming, we just need a couple more for the second merc team and we should be good to go.

For those of you signed up, take a look at the map/bracket thread to see what maps will be played in what order each round, and links to where you can download them if you don't have them.

Try to spend the next week or so getting the maps working on your client and familiarizing yourself with them for strategy.
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline Quintilian

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-0
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2012, 01:26:47 AM »
I find it incredibly ironic that there will be two merc teams with CJW members in it. For the merc team I've been involved with we have a 7th spare player, Rad form CJW.
In-game names; Quintilian, Purplefluffybunny, =CJW=CutePurpleBunny

Offline Draekros

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-0
  • Beware the Undead Ninja Wabbits...
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2012, 04:01:38 AM »
We've got a 6 man merc team and another 4 man merc team is forming, we just need a couple more for the second merc team and we should be good to go.

For those of you signed up, take a look at the map/bracket thread to see what maps will be played in what order each round, and links to where you can download them if you don't have them.

Try to spend the next week or so getting the maps working on your client and familiarizing yourself with them for strategy.

Is Bulldog up to date with all the new maps? Would be good if an established server had them all running for testing before the actual rounds begin. Though I know Bulldog is supposed to be TC only at the moment...

12th Vegan Rangers. Beta Regiment.

Offline ELH_Vivicector

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +49/-4
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2012, 07:19:29 AM »
We, ELH, were already trying to convince RDL to participate in tournament, but failed. Looks like they are not wishing to do anything more serious, then pubs...

Offline RDL_Vitos

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-3
  • RDL. Mechwarrior <TAU> (Clan Nova Cat) Heavy Arms
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2012, 08:32:32 AM »
It is not necessary to convince us.. If we want we will participate. But from us it are not pleasant to some rule NRV . And i have offered a consensus.

And you Elh not your business that we want to play it. And you don't know anything that occurs in our Unit.

Offline ELH_Vivicector

• Star Colonel
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2012, 08:37:46 AM »
Ok, reread what I have written. Sorry, that looks quite offensive. Sorry for that. Just bad, that another Russian unit with enough people won't be there.

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2012, 09:47:13 PM »
RDL's decision is perfectly fine... but we still need one more team.

Is Bulldog up to date with all the new maps? Would be good if an established server had them all running for testing before the actual rounds begin. Though I know Bulldog is supposed to be TC only at the moment...

Did that yesterday, I'll be making the level rotation xmls for the rounds after doing some variant calculations.

Ok we have 8 teams and are proceeding. Feel free to continue to fill the two merc teams though to flesh them out a bit more.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 09:52:46 PM by xInVicTuSx »
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline Rajveer

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-0
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2012, 11:15:18 PM »
I find it incredibly ironic that there will be two merc teams with CJW members in it. For the merc team I've been involved with we have a 7th spare player, Rad form CJW.

Yeah same, I would have joined your team earlier if I didn't miss these topics, and I've not been in contact with the rest of the team recently as I've been really busy at work. Dhalrin is busy too, he said he'll join as long as he can be MIA for some games, which should be ok since we've got enough players.

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2012, 01:00:22 AM »
We have one day to get one more team and have a 10 man tourny.

Otherwise I will merge the two Merc teams.
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline Deathbane

• MWLL Contributor
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +165/-14
  • Fun now allowed
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2012, 01:08:55 AM »

Its because im too chillaxe to post we are interested in this event.
"Arguing about battlemechs off the field of battle is like arguing as a spheroid, even if you win, you're still a freebirth!"

'It's too bad they don't have a "Report to Mother button", I bet you'd be slapping that one twenty-four-seven so she'd come dry your tears when your own idiocy leads you to failure in a game on the internet.' - dimachaerus

New idea- would I be able to use an external hard drive to add RAM and/or improve gigahertz?

Offline ELH_Vivicector

• Star Colonel
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2012, 12:46:36 PM »
There is a possible exploit in the game rules. A team can use only the worst units at their first match, loose and go to the looser line. There, winning games by using 1 shitty config the first time and two good configs then and so, it will save most of good mechs and other stuff for the final, where it can just win the winner round team by using better configs. This is a possible exploit.

Or that "325 tons flat" meant you can't go 320 or 270 tonnes?

Also, a team can have 2 BAs + APC (with a driver-BA) or 1 BA + APC (with a driver-BA)?