Author Topic: Spawn menu glitch, never seen it mentioned  (Read 4947 times)

Offline pickles2012

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
Spawn menu glitch, never seen it mentioned
« on: February 23, 2012, 12:14:33 AM »
When you re-spawn after dying if you choose the same spawn point and click done the game waits for several minutes before starting the spawn countdown timer of 5-30seconds or whatever it is, or maybe you don't spawn at all I don't really remember.

In order to re-spawn you have to select another spawn location and then you can either spawn there or re-select your original spawn location before clicking done, which triggers the countdown timer immediately.  I think everyone else experiences this but I don't remember it ever being mentioned, and I think I thought my installation was broken at first or I needed to use a keystroke or something, it was very frustrating before I fugured out what to do. I personally think this should be listed as one of the essential things you need to know to play the game, right up there with "it's a crysis wars mod, not crysis vanilla", "you have to join a multiplayer server with crysis wars before launching MWLL for the first time" and "press e to enter your mech". I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, it seems to be a glitch everyone just lives with so I didn't want it to report it as one.
3 x 16:10 monitors on a 6950 2gb run off a Q9550 2.8g 775 socket
rat 7, steel battalion controller in the wings

Offline Sesambrot

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +62/-0
  • What would a pirate do?
Re: Spawn menu glitch, never seen it mentioned
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 12:36:33 AM »
I'm not 100% certain on this, but while waiting to respawn, doesn't the game tell you to click your left mousebutton in order to respawn?
That's always been a feature of Crysis MP...
If at first you don't succeed try again, and if you don't try again, you'll be hit in the face with a shovel!
"I'm a piece of C.R.A.P."

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +156/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 02:06:19 AM »
I am not certain either, but I don't think it tells you that. Also, this can indeed be very glitchy. Many times you have to click several times, before the game puts you in the spawn queue. And very rarely a glitch happens, where the spawn counter counts down, stays at zero, nothing will happen, and then it starts from 30 again... and this can go one for several times, making you wait for 1 or 2 minutes before you can spawn again.

Offline Artemis Dragmire

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +22/-1
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 05:18:26 AM »
It's even more finicky if your selected spawnpoint is captured by the other team and you have to switch it to a different one.

Sometimes I have to click 5-6 times on a spawnpoint for it to finally "switch" to that one, and then I have to click outside the menu multiple times for the final spawning radial to show up.

I've just gotten into the habit of clicking repeatedly and excessively on what I want when trying to spawn until it works.

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 05:20:01 AM »
There are no messages telling the client to click the LeftMouse button in Crysis Wars or MWLL. In Wars the Minimap is automatically displayed after the timer runs out.

The Spawn/Respawn process is inherited from Crysis/Crysis Wars, a function that we have limited access to afaik. Spawning has always been somewhat a trial by err both in regular Crysis/Wars and MWLL, there are no difference in how it is set up.

When starting the game, the selected Spawn Point (if it is not a Capture Point or an APC), will usually be keep selected upon next Respawn. Yes at times the client needs to select the Spawn Point again if it is not remembered correctly, this may happen in Crysis/Wars too. Also, if the spawn-timer does not appear instantly, press LeftMouse button to activate the spawning process, and if the counter is grayed out, the spawn location are no longer available, and you will need to select an available location instead. Optionally when killed, press M to assure the correct spawning location are selected before respawning. NB: Remember to make sure that the selected location is also marked with its Grid location in the lower right corner, if this is not present the location is not selected correctly.

http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,6637.0.html
http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,8799.0.html
http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,10247.0.html

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline SJ SaKhan Wolf

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +125/-33
  • Cheese!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 05:24:01 AM »
In SA games, you need to repeatedly click and sometimes click another point. Even though it is random that randomly chosen spot sometimes has a player already occupying it. The only way then to spawn is to chose another spot which then restarts the random spawn point selection. In team games, click to spawn is needed and call me crazy but on some maps the  mech spawn points seem to have two icons on top of each other with only one working.
My milk shakes!

Offline Xesle

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +84/-19
  • Git gud scrubs
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 05:34:09 AM »
I've just gotten into the habit of clicking repeatedly and excessively on what I want when trying to spawn until it works.
This is what I do too.  Its very annoying whenever I'm trying to spawn at a forward base on a TC map, the base gets captured by the enemy, and then I have to stare at the "selected spawnpoint lost" screen every time I die for the rest of the game.

Prodigal son my ass.

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 07:09:43 AM »
I am not certain either, but I don't think it tells you that. Also, this can indeed be very glitchy. Many times you have to click several times, before the game puts you in the spawn queue. And very rarely a glitch happens, where the spawn counter counts down, stays at zero, nothing will happen, and then it starts from 30 again... and this can go one for several times, making you wait for 1 or 2 minutes before you can spawn again.

This has been happening to me lately.  Just pick another spawn and then pick the one you want.  Fixes every time, my only problem is that you don't know it's glitch until after the first 30 seconds of waiting.  I hate it most when you are trying really hard to spawn and fight for the base.

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline pickles2012

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 07:36:20 AM »
 I thought I was glitching the other night in the spawn menu but I think it was user error (key bindings got a little wonky for a few days) But I'm still surprised at how many people seem to have trouble with spawning, this is what I do and it works every time.

Just pick another spawn and then pick the one you want.  Fixes every time, my only problem is that you don't know it's glitch until after the first 30 seconds of waiting.

maybe someone can incorporate this solution into the faq or something.
3 x 16:10 monitors on a 6950 2gb run off a Q9550 2.8g 775 socket
rat 7, steel battalion controller in the wings

Offline Sesambrot

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +62/-0
  • What would a pirate do?
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 10:51:49 AM »
... and call me crazy but on some maps the  mech spawn points seem to have two icons on top of each other with only one working.
Reason for that is, that mechhangars need two entities in order to work as intented, a factory and a spawngroup, both of which are displayed and selectable on the minimap, since they're in the same location .........
selecting the spawngroup will selecte it as your spawnlocation (naturally), but selecting the factory will only set it as an objective on your minimap, unfortunately the factory is usually selected prior to the spawngroup which results in having to click the minimap icon twice.
Sadly this also a feature inherited from Crysis(Wars), in fact something we don't have much control over as well...
If at first you don't succeed try again, and if you don't try again, you'll be hit in the face with a shovel!
"I'm a piece of C.R.A.P."

Zyllos

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 03:55:19 PM »
Interestingly, last night I spawned inside a tank or vat of water. It was extremely odd. I had thought it had something to do with playing as a Clan member. But after several seconds of not being able to do anything at all, I had to just swap sides to get myself to respawn.

Offline CapperDeluxe

• MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +162/-0
  • Life is cheap, mechs are expensive.
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 04:50:24 PM »
Interestingly, last night I spawned inside a tank or vat of water. It was extremely odd. I had thought it had something to do with playing as a Clan member. But after several seconds of not being able to do anything at all, I had to just swap sides to get myself to respawn.

Did you spawn in an APC?  if not what map was that on? never seen that before on an official map, perhaps it was a community made map?

Offline DFDelta

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +145/-1
  • Wiki Staff
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 04:55:28 PM »
Sounds like an APC.
Would not be the first time I see someone new getting confused by that.
Join the MWLL wiki today, your contributions will make the wiki a better place.

In Lyran Commonwealth, Atlas scouts you.

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +156/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 05:08:59 PM »

If you spawned inside an APC, you can get out of it by pressing 'F'. If it looked odd an watery, may be you fell through the floor in the spawn area, which can happen.

Offline Xesle

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +84/-19
  • Git gud scrubs
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 05:10:57 PM »
I've experienced a glitch a few times in which I spawn on the player that I was spectating while waiting.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:01:38 AM by Xesle »

Prodigal son my ass.