Author Topic: Spawn menu glitch, never seen it mentioned  (Read 4946 times)

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
Re: Spawn menu glitch, never seen it mentioned
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 10:00:57 PM »
Interestingly, last night I spawned inside a tank or vat of water. It was extremely odd. I had thought it had something to do with playing as a Clan member. But after several seconds of not being able to do anything at all, I had to just swap sides to get myself to respawn.

If you spawned inside an APC, you can get out of it by pressing 'F'. If it looked odd an watery, may be you fell through the floor in the spawn area, which can happen.

Or someone parked the APC underwater?

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline zytic6

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 01:37:01 AM »
Hi all,

This describes my current situation.  I can NEVER respawn in my specifed spawn point unless I first change to another point and then back.  This is not a problem on maps where there are at least 2 spawn points (ie. mech bay and aerospace) as it is not a big deal to just click on the other point then back on the one I want.  The bigger issue is on the Solaris Arena or Team Solaris Arena maps where there is only 1 spawn point per team.  In these maps unless someone as an APC I simply can not respan.  I left click, right click, hit enter, ect and nothing - I am stuck spectating.  The only way on these maps to keep playing is to switch teams and then when I pick the new teams spawn point I spawn.  And yes, I have sat there and waited for up to 4 min and I never respawn automatically. 

I don't like changing sides as it seems cheap to me to know the other teams layouts (eg. position of Long tom, ect) but unless I feel like spectating for the whole match I have no other choice.  I don't quit to go to another server because if I happened to get a slot on a full server I prefer to play against a full team then quit, get onto a server with 8-10 people and when the map changes on the original server it is full and I can't rejoin. 

Any suggestions?

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 01:44:30 AM »
Try clicking on a spawn point A LOT. Like, really mash that left mouse button. Clickclickclickclickclickclick.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 02:28:14 AM »
Yeah, mashing the spawn point sometimes works. :P
(said sometimes because some rare bug can happen where you can't respawn at that given location until the next time)

But it's meant to work like this:
  • First click of the left mouse button on a point of the Map sets it as the current objective;
  • The second click will set that current objective as your respawn point, if able and belongs to your team;
  • A left mouse button click out of the Map, in the spectator screen, will trigger the respawn sequence.
In the game I only click the objective twice, close the Map and then click once or twice to respawn.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:21:28 AM by Bruno_007 »
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" Šokaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Malaclypse

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +29/-0
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 02:44:09 AM »
Crysis did the same thing, so not sure how much room there is for fixing it.

Also, if you're starting a de-sync cycle, it's harder to do everything - including spawn.

If map shows I have a spawn point, then I just spam left-click until the counter shows up.
If the map doesn't show a spawn point, then spam left-click on the spawn point until it updates.