Author Topic: Updater rediculousley slow  (Read 3483 times)

Offline White wolf

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Updater rediculousley slow
« on: March 09, 2012, 08:52:03 PM »
Hey Guys & Gals,

This may sound odd and i may get a few "get a better internet provider" remarks to this however here is my problem:

when using the auto updater, i am only reaching download speeds of 3.13Kb/s and not the 2Mb/s i normally do on other update/download programs, is this a problem with my autrhorisations and firewall or is it the updater? i am currently trying to update from vanilla to 0.5.5 with a total download of 2.43Gb.

any advice would be very much appreciated!
"We are Clan Wolf, children of Kerensky. We carry the Honor of his name on our shoulders, as our fathers did before us. The Remembrance speaks to us of the Evil in Man's will, of the reasons for Exodus, and the Rights of the Traveller. Arcadia is our Destiny and our Right. Enlightenment is our Gift. By the Bloodnames of our Founders we must return, return and protect what is unique among the Stars. Terra awaits us as it was written. We are the last of the Wardens, the sole hope for the Earth."

Offline White wolf

• Bondsman
Re: Updater rediculousley slow
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 09:10:50 PM »
brilliant, i dont have any form of torrent program so i will try the direct download thanks. one further question though, can i just download the last update or do i need to do all updates and install sequentially?
"We are Clan Wolf, children of Kerensky. We carry the Honor of his name on our shoulders, as our fathers did before us. The Remembrance speaks to us of the Evil in Man's will, of the reasons for Exodus, and the Rights of the Traveller. Arcadia is our Destiny and our Right. Enlightenment is our Gift. By the Bloodnames of our Founders we must return, return and protect what is unique among the Stars. Terra awaits us as it was written. We are the last of the Wardens, the sole hope for the Earth."

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 09:14:24 PM »
brilliant, i dont have any form of torrent program so i will try the direct download thanks. one further question though, can i just download the last update or do i need to do all updates and install sequentially?

You need to install all of them sequentially. (Note: MWLL-OpenBeta-Full-0.5.3.zip  is wrongly named "Full". It's an Update.)

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 09:15:25 PM »
Be sure to extract MWLL-OpenBeta-Full-0.5.0.zip to Crysis Wars/Mods/MWLL. (note that the Mods and MWLL folder may need to be create locally before extraction)
Extract the latter Patches over the existing Build.
Create a link to the MWLL.Launcher located in the root folder of MWLL.

Offline White wolf

• Bondsman
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 09:32:44 PM »
thank you so much for the help guys hopefully see you on the servers real soon ;D

Offline Deltex

• Bondsman
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 08:00:17 PM »
Please can we have a link for the direct download for patch 0.5.6 also, the updater is incredibly slow for me too.

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site

Offline Hell-Spawn

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 02:47:20 AM »
I updated manually a few days ago. Is the updater going to recognize this and stop prompting to download 0.5.6?

Offline ShdNx

• Lead Developer
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +27/-0
  • 0x2B || !0x2B
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 02:50:47 PM »
I updated manually a few days ago. Is the updater going to recognize this and stop prompting to download 0.5.6?

Yes. The Auto Updater loads the MWLL version from the info.xml file, located in MWLL's root directory.

As for the Auto Updater downloading slowly, that can be because of any number of reasons which make your system torrent-unfriendly. As of Auto Updater v1.0, you can tell the Auto Updater to use a HTTP-based downloader (called Parallel HTTP) instead of the bittorrent-based one. Just open the Settings window, and find the option "Use downloader".

The Parallel HTTP downloader is nowhere near as solid as the bittorrent one, so you may experience some instability (in the form of an occasional crash). Just restart the updater, and it should continue from where it left off.
External tools lead developer

Klingon Programmer:
What is this talk of release? Klingons do not release software. Our software escapes leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.
(Stackoverflow.com)