Author Topic: 2D artist - contributor  (Read 2519 times)

Offline Squibby

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +54/-0
  • Hanger to core breach in 30 seconds...
2D artist - contributor
« on: March 12, 2012, 04:24:29 AM »
Name: Sanjeev,

Position: 2d Artist / Concept art support.

While I'm probably not useful enough to contribute to the team as a full fledged member of any description, I would none the less like to throw my hat into the ring to help with any 2d artwork / conceptual work that may be required as a contributor.

I've been tooling around with graphics tablets and 2d illustration and painting for the last 6-7 years. I recently started generating some random mech concepts, and I figured I could put my efforts towards the betterment of this mod if required.

I'll link the thread on here,  http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,16696.0.html
alternatively you can view my CG society portfolio http://squibby.cgsociety.org/gallery/, though the stuff in there is a bit out of date and mainly environmental stuff.

I'm happy to just sit on the sidelines and generate concepts of whatever is required (to the best of my abilities) to aid the team.

Offline KorJax

• Level Design (Reader of Stickies)
  • MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-2
  • Memento Mori
Re: 2D artist - contributor
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 07:34:02 PM »
Awesome portfolio man! I'm sure we'd have at least some use for you. Especially since FlyingDebris (our old 2D artist "contributor") nabbed a job at MWO and isn't too available to help out anymore :)

I'm curious to know, do you do any graphic design work as well? Not that we *need* anything involving that, but I figured I'd ask for curiousities sake.

Offline KingLeerUK

• Hawkmoth D arise!
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +534/-19
  • Hawmoth "D" Ascendant
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 07:44:46 PM »
How good are you at approximating an existing aesthetic?

We actually do have 2 very real needs for 2D design and artwork:

• interface design for Buy Menu and M_ _ _ L _ _
  • conceptual design for urban buildings
Proud vendor of Soon™, brought to you by the makers of Someday™, Make Me a Ticket™ and Let's Talk About it Later™

Never mistake "the audience" for "the community".

Offline Squibby

• Star Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 08:53:22 PM »
I can approximate any aesthetic you need :D
e.g. for my mech designs I've been channelling FDs style from his MWO concepts, but with slightly less dangly bits...

buildings... no problem, just let me know what you're after and possibly some reference images and I'll give it a shot, or I could just let my imagination run wild and come up with something crazy.

2d elements should be reasonably straightforward, though I've never done any actual web or graphics design work. Working with vector shapes and all shouldn't be too much of a stretch from freehand painting.

Offline :(

• Alphatester
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-14
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 12:51:33 AM »
squib - definitely a good guy. i give him 2 thumbs up if he can contribute!
The Left Radar boob is your best friend

Offline Squibby

• Star Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 04:43:43 AM »
Thanks for the vote of confidence Twink ;),

Like I said I'd be happy to help out wherever I can, the least I can do for a mod that's given me 2+ years of mech fragging enjoyment :D.

Offline Sean Lang "Phil"

• MWLL Contributor
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-1
  • "Life for others is worth my sacrifice"
    • Clan Wolf in Exile: Alpha Galaxy
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 11:35:40 PM »
Put him to work, right meow! Love his 2d art, I'm sure the team can use that talent somewhere?!

Offline Squibby

• Star Captain
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 06:05:07 AM »
I take it theres no need then for another layabout artist given I haven't heard anything further.

No problems guys keep up the good work, and you know where to find me if you need something contributed.

Offline Werewolf486}12thVR{

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-1
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 09:48:38 PM »
I take it theres no need then for another layabout artist given I haven't heard anything further.

No problems guys keep up the good work, and you know where to find me if you need something contributed.

It's not that Squibby, the 5.6 release turned into a pain in ars and 5.7 is underway. I'm sure they will contact you back, besides I'll prod them a bit when I can. You do excellent work and they'd be lucky to have a person with your talents, so be patient.
NEW: Cooler Master ATSC840                                                    OLD: Cooler Master ATSC840
ASUS LGA2011 Rampage IV Black Edition/Intel i7-4930K             ASUS LGA775 Rampage Extreme/Intel Q9550S
ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2/27" ASUS Monitor                          ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2/ 24" ASUS Monitor
16GB Corsair Vengeance/Razor Nostromo/M70,M65 Corsair         8GB OCZ Reaper/ N52te/Sidewinder
Kingwin Mach1 1220watt/Win 7 Pro 64bit                                     Kingwin Mach1 1220watt/Win 7 Pro 64bit
250gb Velociraptor x 2 in Raid0/500GB WD Blue x 2 in Raid1        80GB Velociraptor x 2 in Raid0/750GB WD Blue x2 in Raid1