Sound Engineer/ComposerPast Projects:
Have almost 2 years experience with Cubase 5. Familiar with sample editing, synth programming, mixing, and mastering.Ties to MechWarrior:
Been playing pretty much my whole life, since MW2 in 1996. Love the games, and love the music.Other Commitments:
Active Duty Military, so my schedule fluctuates.
I got word that the team is in need of some sound designers, especially for sound effects. As an electronic musician, I'm very familiar with the process of sample creation, sample editing, loop creation, and other techniques that are important for sound design. I have a quality condenser mic that can be used to record live audio, in addition to many synths and effects that can be used to create a wide variety of sounds. Below are some samples of my work:
Sound Effect Sample (Engine Loop): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52284231/Engine%20Loop.mp3
- Made in about 15min.
- Can be looped as long as needed.
- EQ was cut in the mid-range frequencies for other sound effects such as weapons and foot stomps, so when the sounds are merged they don't sound muddy.
Synth Programming Sample: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52284231/Synth%20Breakdown.mp3
- Small excerpt from a full song.
- Sample is to illustrate knowledge in the areas of programming synths, mixing, and mastering technique.
Music Composition Sample: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52284231/Orchestral%20Sample.mp3
- Just a small sample of my composition work, should it be needed.
Overall what I'm getting at is that I'm flexible. My knowledge of sampling and programming techniques can easily be transferred over into sound engineering.
Let me know if you'd like another sample.