Author Topic: 0.5.6 Updates  (Read 2269 times)

Offline DFDelta

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +145/-1
  • Wiki Staff
    • My Youtube page
0.5.6 Updates
« on: April 26, 2012, 07:45:34 AM »
It is this time again, a new patch is released and the wiki is in dire need of helpful editors.

Additionally to the many small things that have changed in loadouts, stats and pricings, I've noticed several articles that could need a good proofreading or updating, some in areas I have next to no experience with.

The assets that have not yet been checked for 0.5.6 correctness are marked as out-of-date. If you have checked them and found no errors please remove the tag.
Assets that are still missing descriptions, or had their older ones made invalid due to recent changes, are marked as stubs. Please provide a description when possible and remove the tag(s) when all the gaps are filled.

Some non-patch related articles that could need proofreading or an overhaul of sorts include:
Dedicated Servers could need an update written by someone with actual experience here. I'm no expert but I think it lacks several things that were added since the new launcher was released.
CBills and rank

Thank you all for your help, and remember: The wiki lives due to your contributions.
Join the MWLL wiki today, your contributions will make the wiki a better place.

In Lyran Commonwealth, Atlas scouts you.

Offline Ressk [CSF]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +72/-2
  • Khan of [CSF]
Re: 0.5.6 Updates
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 08:39:04 PM »
I would like to help, but i have no idea where one goes to sign up so i can edit things.

more people the better eh?
Recruitment Page For CSF

click the pic /\
ULLER4LYFE! the internet hates CSF

Offline SJ SaKhan Wolf

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +125/-33
  • Cheese!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 11:29:49 PM »
I would like to help, but i have no idea where one goes to sign up so i can edit things.

more people the better eh?

http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,16354.0.html
My milk shakes!

Offline DFDelta

• Living Legend
  • Wiki Staff
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 11:53:11 PM »
Send mwe a PM here in the Forum with your Email and your wanted Wiki Username and I will set things up for you.

Offline d3jake

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-2
  • [CGB] Pilots Captured Long Toms
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 02:59:40 AM »
What resource(s) are at the disposal for those that will be helping to update the wiki? We have the patch notes, but I recall some comments to the effect that there could be non-documented changes. I'd like to help, but knowing a 100% accurate source for information to populate the wiki with would be useful.

Offline DFDelta

• Living Legend
  • Wiki Staff
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 03:22:04 AM »
The loadouts for the different variants can be taken from the .xml files.
The files themselves are stored in the GameData.pak file, which can be found in ...\crysis wars\mods\MWLL\game

Copy the GameData.pak to another place (do not do anything else with the original file) of your choice and rename it to GameData.rar
Now you can open it with any file archiver of your choice (e.g. winRAR).
"GameData.rar\Scripts\Entities\Vehicles\Implementations\Xml" contains all mech and vehicle variants
"GameData.rar\Scripts\Entities\Items\XML\Weapons" and its sub-folder contains all data regarding weapons and automatic turrets

The .xml files are not easy to read, but its possible to extract all information from them even without any programming skills whatsoever.

Variant prices have to be extracted differently. Join any server (or make one yourself) and type dumpMwllPrices into the console.
This will create a file called prices.txt in the ...\documents\my games\crysis wars\mwll folder.

Everything else is either written by experience (the guides, vehicle descriptions and such) or taken from external BattleTech related sources (everything regarding the lore) like www.sarna.net or the technical readouts.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 03:30:50 AM by DFDelta »

Offline Az

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 06:39:23 PM »
Just two notes about that:

Copy the GameData.pak to another place (do not do anything else with the original file) of your choice and rename it to GameData.rar

The .PAKs actually are zip files. You don't have to make a copy, but if you rename it to .zip and back to .pak, and hide known extensions in Explorer, you end up with a GameData.pak.zip (shown as GameData.pak with a zip icon) and of course, MWLL won't work.
I have 7-Zip installed and I simply do "right-click / 7-Zip / Open" on the pak files, no renaming or copying needed.

Most patches replace GameData.pak, but some come with a GameData1.pak which partially supersedes it. Usually the next patch will replace them with an up-to-date GameData.pak and an empty GameData1.pak (~150 bytes) but you could theoretically keep adding GameData2.pak, GameData3.pak and so on...
If there is any such files and they're not empty, extract them sequentially where you extracted GameData.pak, and overwrite.

Edit: That kind of stuff might deserve its own page on the wiki. Or a sticky topic.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:58:20 PM by Az »