Author Topic: Drop Calculator v0.8.0 (MWLL v0.8.0)  (Read 12980 times)

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +75/-0
Re: Drop Calculator v0.6.1a (MWLL v0.6.1)
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 06:19:44 PM »
Lotta work cut out for you. Good luck!
Work is basically done - I am just waiting for Az to run his script and send me some data. Within a minute the whole thing would be updated. :) (but that waiting time is a big unknown here)

Offline Az

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +49/-0
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 12:18:00 AM »
So I ran my script, which itself ran into trouble.

Code: [Select]
File: CNARC != Name: cNARC
File: MRM10_rot != Name: MRM10
File: MRM20_rot != Name: MRM20
File: MRM30 _air != Name: MRM30_air
Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at G:\MechWarrior\MWLL\Data test 0.7.0\assetprices.pl line 689.

The issue I have here is that for some weapons, the name specified in the XML doesn't match with the XML filename. Thus the weapon list I build is incomplete and it ends up crashing when I try to retrieve some info. If I choose to rely on the defined name instead I risk having other issues. I don't know exactly which ones as it has been a long time since I last worked on this script, but at the very least the weapon list would lose its unicity. MRM10_rot and MRM10 would both be referred to as MRM10, the same for MRM20_rot and MRM20... Not an ideal situation, and I don't know how to solve it.

So, for the sake of a timely release, I didn't. I simply renamed the offending files to what the script expected.
It's an ugly hack and I hate myself for doing it, but I figure it is better than being hated by thEClaw and everyone that relies on the Drop Calculator while I try to figure this one out.

With that hack the script seems to run fine. As always I'm assuming that if the script computed the right prices its reports are accurate, but I've been wrong about that once. And obviously I didn't double-check everything.

Here's the error output:

File: MRM10_rot != Name: MRM10
File: MRM20_rot != Name: MRM20
Shiva G  Price mismatch error: calculated 91115, read 94458

The MRM warnings are without consequences.
The price mismatch on the Shiva G however doesn't stem from its MRM30_air launchers as I originally thought. It's a bug in the XML, the following line is duplicated:
<Elem idRef="idComponentTail" name="damageMax" value="5015"/>As a result the game counts the tail armour twice toward the asset's price. 5015 armour points would cost 3343 C-Bills, which accounts exactly for the price discrepancy.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:23:16 AM by Az »

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 08:47:07 AM »
It's an ugly hack and I hate myself for doing it, but I figure it is better than being hated by thEClaw and everyone that relies on the Drop Calculator while I try to figure this one out.
Hey, calm down, Az. :D I already noticed that some things within the data changed, so it would not at all have bothered me if you had needed a couple of weeks for this. But of course I thank you for your work. =)

The price mismatch on the Shiva G however doesn't stem from its MRM30_air launchers as I originally thought. It's a bug in the XML, the following line is duplicated:
<Elem idRef="idComponentTail" name="damageMax" value="5015"/>As a result the game counts the tail armour twice toward the asset's price. 5015 armour points would cost 3343 C-Bills, which accounts exactly for the price discrepancy.
It's the best thing in the world when numbers add up... :D

Thanks for the data, will update the calculator immediately!

EDIT: I found a small thing, probably not related to your script: The name of the "Solitaire"-Mech is misspelled as "Solitare" a couple of times. Not a huge problem for me, I can just replace it. But would things like that cause any trouble in the game?

Also: Do I need the additional file including information about the weapons? I don't think so...

EDIT2: Updated! (I hope I didn't make any mistakes.) Thanks again, Az. Maybe this was the last update, maybe we'll have to do some more work later on. We'll see.

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +36/-1
    • 12th Vegan Rangers Forum
Re: Drop Calculator v0.7.0 (MWLL v0.7.0)
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 08:33:10 AM »
I noticed that the new drop calc doesnt keep track of improved jump jets. Not a complaint or anything, glad to have the drop calc and it works really well even if iJJs arent listed.
Member of the 12th Vegan Rangers
http://twelfthvr.freeforums.org/index.php

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 10:02:59 PM »
I may not be up-to-date: What are "improved" jump jets? They are mentioned in the raw data, so it wouldn't be too much work to "include" them. (No work on your part needed, Az - just in case you are reading this.)

Where should I include/represent/mention them ideally?

EDIT: I added a differentiation in the lookup-sheets: It doesn't say "Yes" or "No" anymore for jump jets but instead "No" "sJJ" or "iJJ". Would that be all that's needed? If so, I will upload an updated version tomorrow. If not, please tell me. :)

EDIT2: Just noticed that there is a 0.7.1-update. So I will have to prepare an update of the calculator anyway. But not today, I'm going to bed now.

Offline okaolias

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +13/-2
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 12:46:18 AM »
Jumpjets now have improved vertical thrust, but not much horizontal. Improved jumpjet have less vertical thrust, improved horizontal thrust, and more controlled fuel use, so you can get creative with them(jump out of cover and while still in the air jump right back and other such cool stuff). Basically normal jumpjets are now used mainly for poptarting, while iJJ are the brawler version of jumpjets. There's a video of them by ELH_MrGray in the second page of the balance team update thread.

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013, 10:32:58 AM »
Thanks a lot for the clarification. The differentiation between the two kinds of jump jets is now included, hopefully "sJJ" and "iJJ" are clear enough.

The rest of the calculator on my PC is up-to-date, except for the last piece - but I am waiting for Az to collect the new data for the vehicles and send it to me. A fresh upload will follow once everything is finished.

Offline Az

• MechWarrior
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 02:38:50 AM »
I'm tired. Here's the data dump, I'll be more talkative tomorrow.

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 09:40:02 AM »
I'm tired. Here's the data dump, I'll be more talkative tomorrow.
Thanks a lot, Az! I had a decent amount of sleep and was able to update the calculator with your data. Even found a bug that might have been present for a while. So now everything is ready for 0.7.1! :)

Offline Az

• MechWarrior
Re: Drop Calculator v0.7.1 (MWLL v0.7.1)
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 05:43:23 PM »
I finally had some sleep as well  :).

I "didn't bother" to answer your post from last week, sorry, I'll remedy to that now.

Hey, calm down, Az. :D I already noticed that some things within the data changed, so it would not at all have bothered me if you had needed a couple of weeks for this.

I was calm, don't worry... "hate" might have been too strong a word. But I was grumpy: it's a lose/lose situation, and I wasn't happy with it. Either keep a dysfunctional script and hack the source data, or spend an inordinate amount of time trying to fix it... And scripts are supposed to save their users time.

EDIT: I found a small thing, probably not related to your script: The name of the "Solitaire"-Mech is misspelled as "Solitare" a couple of times. Not a huge problem for me, I can just replace it. But would things like that cause any trouble in the game?

You are overestimating my scripting skills if you think I can introduce subtle spelling error in the output! No, actually the XML source was a mess... and itself named CL_Solitare_Mech.xml. Some lines even had both spellings in the same path.
But the identifiers that needed to match matched, or my script would probably have complained (though it doesn't always follow the game's logic). The only repercussion in-game was the mech appearing as "Solitare" when targeted.

This is fixed in 0.7.1, so I guess the dyslexic in charge of the Solitaire has been moved to another project. I for one am impatiently waiting for new Mad God variants. Other than the Loki, I mean.

Also: Do I need the additional file including information about the weapons? I don't think so...

If you don't think so... you don't? :D
I included that file because previous versions included it... I guess it was requested/needed at some point, till you or we found a better way to include that information in the Drop Calculator. Then I left it just in case someone wanted the raw data to work with for a similar project. At least that's my best shot at an explanation.

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 07:12:50 PM »
Either keep a dysfunctional script and hack the source data, or spend an inordinate amount of time trying to fix it... And scripts are supposed to save their users time.
Time spent fixing the script would be time wasted, too, since MWLL won't see too many patches from now on anyway.

This is fixed in 0.7.1, so I guess the dyslexic in charge of the Solitaire has been moved to another project.
Yeah, that guy had it's way with the games files on more than one occasion. :D Well, maybe it wasn't him but rather his schizophrenic brother/sister. Every time I look at the data generated by your script, the list of prices (and other stuff) I am amazed that MWLL runs at all. Either the data files aren't too important or there are some redundancies to be found elsewhere.

Enough sarcasm for today ( ;) ), thanks for your work. We'll see if your skills might be needed again in the future. :)

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2013, 07:09:41 AM »
I wasnt having any trouble, since I was just using the drop calc for tonnage, stats, and adding tonnages, but I've noticed that none of the assets properly display their C-bills any more. I re-downloaded the dropCalc-v071 again, just to be sure. No cbill values.

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2013, 11:41:00 AM »
There was a reference missing, seems I removed it by accident at some point.

Fixed version (071b) is up, thanks for telling me about the problem. :)

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2014, 07:51:56 AM »
Hey, I was wondering how much work it would be to include the armor values in the drop calculator?

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2014, 08:06:26 AM »
Az never sent me the script to read out the data that is used by the calculator, so the only way would be to add the armor-values manually (which might not be that much work). And then a suitable "interface" would have to be included in some sheet. How should it look so that you can easily see all the values? Should it be included in the drop calculator-sheets, or would it be sufficient to make it part of the "Lookup"-sheet? If you have a more solid idea, post it and I might look into it.

For now, I suggest using the stats-sheets instead - it has been updated after all. ;)