Author Topic: Drop Calculator v0.8.0 (MWLL v0.8.0)  (Read 13644 times)

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +37/-1
    • 12th Vegan Rangers Forum
Re: Drop Calculator v0.8.0 (MWLL v0.8.0)
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2017, 10:22:06 AM »
Thanks Az. I don't know how to put that data into the spreadsheet. I know how to put it in my own spreadsheet, but not into the old one. I figure starting from scratch would use up a lot of my time. Using the old one would probably save me a lot of time. Let me know if you have some time to tell me how. Or maybe I'll message the claw?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 05:20:52 PM by Warlord Kentax »
Member of the 12th Vegan Rangers
http://twelfthvr.freeforums.org/index.php

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +21/-17
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (kudos: Spooky)
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2017, 11:04:32 AM »
@Az,
could You, kindly please, help us extract the new asset data for the Spooky's online catalogue?

A link to a script or the like would suffice?

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +75/-0
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2017, 07:29:11 AM »
Feel free to message me, although I will continue to read this thread, too. It might take a couple of days until I'm around, though.

The update-process is well described, I think. The actual work now would probably be adding in new assets to the last sheets where all the assets are listed. The names of the assets will also have to be added to the hidden rows in the calculator-sheets.

I have not yet completely given up hope of updating this, but it is hard to take time out of other things for a game that I haven't played in years. (I am constantly thinking about picking MWLL back up. No guarantee it's going to happen, though.)

Offline Az

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +49/-0
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2017, 08:19:35 PM »
Here's the data for 0.8.4.

@Az, could You, kindly please, help us extract the new asset data for the Spooky's online catalogue?

Aw, come on man... On that page from Spooky's site, you can clearly see the link toward a topic by thEClaw, in which he says he just updated Hiruma Kai's script. You know this because you requested updates on that topic, twice.
And out of all these people you ask me for an update? When I specifically just said I don't want to take on new responsibilities? Seriously ::).

That script is in Python, which I'm barely familiar with, and tries to compute weapon DPS, which is entirely outside of my accumulated MWLL knowledge.

So no, I'm not doing it. Sorry!

Thanks Az. I don't know how to put that data into the spreadsheet. [...]

I did see your initial post. I did check the thread for new posts. But I totally failed to notice your edit... Sorry about that.

I took a look at the spreadsheet's documentation. Snyp3r wrote a lot of stuff to explain the formulas he used, and the last page is an addendum by thEClaw on how to update he calculator.
Step 1 & 2 are me posting my script's output.
Step 3 lacks a crucial information, and I hope your problem is as simple as that: you must right-click on a sheet's tab and show the hidden sheets. Then you can update the data as described.
When importing the dropcalc-xxx.txt data, be sure to set the separator to ';' and start from second row (ignore the headers). Also delete the previous data beforehand as new empty cells do not delete the old data when pasting over it.
I have no idea what thEClaw meant with the last line of step 3, though.
The armor sheet contains data that comes from another script, not sure what the source is.

If you intend to maintain the spreadsheet and not just update it for your personal use, we can discuss the ways I can alter my files or add new data to facilitate your task, if you want.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 09:41:27 PM by Az »

Offline Az

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +49/-0
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2017, 08:46:10 AM »
Almost fresh data from 0.8.5!

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +37/-1
    • 12th Vegan Rangers Forum
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2017, 10:06:50 AM »
No need to update for 086, nothing was changed.
Member of the 12th Vegan Rangers
http://twelfthvr.freeforums.org/index.php

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html