Author Topic: CryHammer Tool - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars  (Read 11444 times)

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
CryHammer Tool - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars
« on: May 02, 2012, 07:33:14 AM »
CryHammer is a tool that verifies your game install, most notably your CDKey, which in that area mainly attemps to fix an issue residing on a CDKey having dashes or not, and another in the installscript.vdf file, if your game is from Steam. As expected, its able to insert, modify and check CDKeys by itself.

It uses the same method that Servers use to authenticate their Clients CDKeys, so if it says that the CDKey is Valid or Invalid and the reason, its a pretty safe assumption.

It can also help you the first time you install the game. The step of joining a Crysis Wars punkbuster server (or any that checks CDKeys) can be done in this tool if you just want to insert or validate your CDKey, avoiding any possible problems with Punkbuster or a Gamespy account for now.

You can get it here: Download  |  Source code (not required)

And these guys deserve my thanks: :D
  • Luigi Auriemma, his explanation notes helped me greatly;
  • Bloodycrow, for the feedback, as he had the game on Steam and I didn't. ;D

Any problems, bugs, suggestions, I'll be listening. Bye.

Updated July 25, rewritten for a better reading.

Code: [Select]
Rev 1.0.2 - 19/05/2012
* Custom CDKeys are now written in the Windows Registry when valid;
* New option to check a Custom CDKey twice automatically, with and without its dashes;
* Fully compatible with a Steam version (even installscript is modified to accommodate the new CDkey).

Rev 1.0.1 - 02/05/2012
* Behavior of the Directory and CDKey buttons changed;
* The size of the cdkey is checked before sending it to Gamespy;
* A couple more registry keys are checked to identify automatically where the game/cdkey is (not looking if the game is from steam yet).
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 06:07:08 AM by Bruno_007 »
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
Re: CryHammer Tool - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 07:47:06 AM »
Wow, nice! If this works as intended, it could certainly save a lot of headaches.

Good job! Wish I could do more, but have some worthless karma.

Offline Deathbane

• MWLL Contributor
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +165/-14
  • Fun now allowed
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 08:12:36 AM »
Thank you for this tool, specially because EAs bad keys to steam are causing trouble with the game.

This will hopefully help new guys out.
"Arguing about battlemechs off the field of battle is like arguing as a spheroid, even if you win, you're still a freebirth!"

'It's too bad they don't have a "Report to Mother button", I bet you'd be slapping that one twenty-four-seven so she'd come dry your tears when your own idiocy leads you to failure in a game on the internet.' - dimachaerus

New idea- would I be able to use an external hard drive to add RAM and/or improve gigahertz?

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 08:37:26 AM »
Thanks, yeah it should provide a more exact way to know if the CDKey is valid or not (some servers in crysis wars are not checking CDKeys), and if the way is clear for installing MWLL.

I just made a quick login here now to say that if the app can't detect the game directoy by itself, the option to check a CDKey (other than the one it might detect in the registry), will not work, the button will disappear upon setting a custom directory to the game. I'll fix it tomorrow (looks at the time) today. I kind of introduced the bug by commenting something I shouldn't. :P
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline CapperDeluxe

• MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +162/-0
  • Life is cheap, mechs are expensive.
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 02:20:44 PM »
what would be really awesome is to have this functionality present in the MWLL installer/updater

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +158/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 02:30:49 PM »
what would be really awesome is to have this functionality present in the MWLL installer/updater

True that :).

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 07:08:29 PM »
Ok, version 1.0.1 should be working properly. Its now up for grabs.

If this founds its way into MWLL someway, I have nothing against it. ;D
Tools and I:

Offline eRkkituo

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +48/-6
  • Clan Jade Wolf (SCM). Resident ninja developer.
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 09:30:36 PM »

I'm gonna go ahead and see if I can port this to C#/.NET 2.0, that'd allow ShdNx to integrate it to the launcher with ease. Expect an update later tonight.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 11:15:25 PM »
Ok great. :)

If you get lost somewhere, you might wanna check these examples here: http://aluigi.altervista.org/papers.htm#gshidden
He wrote a dedicated CDKey validation program in C, so it might help you out.
Tools and I:

Offline ShdNx

• Lead Developer
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +27/-0
  • 0x2B || !0x2B
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 12:20:01 AM »

I'm gonna go ahead and see if I can port this to C#/.NET 2.0, that'd allow ShdNx to integrate it to the launcher with ease. Expect an update later tonight.

Yeah, project is outsourced to Erk. :)

Thank you very much for your work, Bruno_007! We're going to integrate the CD-Key registration/checking in the Launcher, but naturally you'll be mentioned in the release notes.
External tools lead developer

Klingon Programmer:
What is this talk of release? Klingons do not release software. Our software escapes leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.
(Stackoverflow.com)

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 04:38:59 AM »
Yeah, project is outsourced to Erk. :)

Thank you very much for your work, Bruno_007! We're going to integrate the CD-Key registration/checking in the Launcher, but naturally you'll be mentioned in the release notes.

Hehe great, the pleasure is mine for being able to help. This mod is just that awesome. :P
Tools and I:

Offline CHHš Deathshade

• Senior Developer
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-0
  • "Helpful Atlas"
    • MW:LL
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 02:11:37 AM »
You should put in an application for the mod. I am sure they are looking for coders. Especially cool ones  8) Great work

http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/board,10.0.html

Offline Ressk [CSF]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +72/-2
  • Khan of [CSF]
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 02:16:56 AM »
I like the sound of this thing. It looks like a major headache saver.
Recruitment Page For CSF

click the pic /\
ULLER4LYFE! the internet hates CSF

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 04:19:17 PM »
You should put in an application for the mod. I am sure they are looking for coders. Especially cool ones  8) Great work

http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/board,10.0.html
The problem is I'm only now finishing my academic degree, so I'm lacking experience as a coder, and I don't have many meaningful projects completed, especially related with the CryEngine and 3D gaming. But well I'll take my chances and play my main card, plenty of time available. ;D
Tools and I:

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 07:38:36 PM »
Hey. So I hammered a few more functionalities into the tool. Main ones are the Custom CDKeys written in the Registry automatically when valid, including even modifying installscript.vdf if the game is from Steam (which I have to thank Bloodycrow for sending me the file :P), and Custom CDKeys can be checked automatically twice, with and without its dashes.

And that should be all. If problems arise I'll come back to fix them.
Tools and I: