Author Topic: Missle Lock? Hover-less Hovercraft?  (Read 3049 times)

Offline SpectreOne

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-0
  • Ghost Knight
Missle Lock? Hover-less Hovercraft?
« on: June 04, 2012, 06:07:44 AM »
Couple of days ago I was playing on some desert map, looked like Egypt with all the pyramids around. Scouting out a small area and got myself a Narc beacon. The next thing I know I'm getting slammed by a ton of LRMs (Funny how that works  :P ) but, I never once got the Missile warnings. I know I wasn't the only one on the server to have those issues because others were complaining about it too, but it started to happen regularly, even after I shut down MWLL and restarted it. It's a small bug, but still really annoying. The AI voice that speaks to you when you start a mech also stopped talking, not to mention all of my hovercraft were cemented to the floor. Just odd things here and there I thought I should mention. By the way, I enjoy the "send error report" pop-up and what it says when you say no.
 ;D
It is far better to be heard and not seen than to be seen an not heard; such is the way of a Ghost Knight.

Mal: "If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em. "
Zoe: "Shoot 'em?"
Mal: "Politely."
~Quote from Firefly

Offline Terragent

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +43/-0
Re: Missle Lock? Hover-less Hovercraft?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 06:24:38 AM »
Were you running passive radar? As of 0.5.6 (?), passive units do not get lock warnings.

Offline SpectreOne

• Bondsman
  • Ghost Knight
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 06:28:31 AM »
Nope, active radar, was watching the dots on my radar when I got hit. It was odd because she was talking earlier in the match.
It is far better to be heard and not seen than to be seen an not heard; such is the way of a Ghost Knight.

~Quote from Firefly

Offline ELH_MrGray

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-9
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 06:30:14 AM »
got myself a Narc beacon

You not getting warning if missles locked on NARC and if you running passive. NARCed? Find cover! Its a game feature, not a bug.

"Do you know what the sound of 2 UAC/20s is?"
"What's it sound like?"
"RAPERAPERAPERAPE."

Offline SpectreOne

• Bondsman
  • Ghost Knight
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 06:42:23 AM »
Tell me if I'm wrong, but when Active radar is on, you can detect incoming missiles from a Narc beacon.

Anyways, anyone know about my hovercraft's hovering issue?

~Quote from Firefly

Offline ELH_MrGray

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-9
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 06:49:05 AM »
Tell me if I'm wrong, but when Active radar is on, you can detect incoming missiles from a Narc beacon.
You are wrong, you cant detect incoming missiles, which are locked on NARC . And you cant see your are NARCed if there is no C3 unit nearby. Dont know what to say about hovers, may be you have pressed Ctrl (Hover deployment on a ground)?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 04:42:11 PM by [ELH] MrGray »

"Do you know what the sound of 2 UAC/20s is?"
"What's it sound like?"
"RAPERAPERAPERAPE."

Offline SpectreOne

• Bondsman
  • Ghost Knight
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 06:10:41 PM »
Thanks, that's good to know. I'm not entirely familiar with Narc Beacons.  :-\  Most people I've played with complain about tagging and Narc Beacons.

I had been using the left ctrl button a lot while in the battlefield, but this was right when I had purchased a harrasser, therefore it should not have been grounded. (Yes. I had thought that it might be solved by pressing Ctrl again. It didn't work. :-\ This happened to me a couple of times) Unfortunately, I had been having clipping issues running to the mech bays. (I kept flying through the ceiling of the tunnels while jetpacking from the spawn point). I doubt that it had anything to do with it, but it might have been an indication of map/server issues.

~Quote from Firefly

Offline Ressk [CSF]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +72/-2
  • Khan of [CSF]
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 09:02:01 PM »
Thanks, that's good to know. I'm not entirely familiar with Narc Beacons.  :-\  Most people I've played with complain about tagging and Narc Beacons.

I had been using the left ctrl button a lot while in the battlefield, but this was right when I had purchased a harrasser, therefore it should not have been grounded. (Yes. I had thought that it might be solved by pressing Ctrl again. It didn't work. :-\ This happened to me a couple of times) Unfortunately, I had been having clipping issues running to the mech bays. (I kept flying through the ceiling of the tunnels while jetpacking from the spawn point). I doubt that it had anything to do with it, but it might have been an indication of map/server issues.

yeah, you probably were getting some desynch. When it happens to hovers, its almost impossible to get out of the mechbay, as the model has clipped through the floor. Ive had it happen a few times. If you ever have clipping issues, its usually the start of a desynch spiral.
Recruitment Page For CSF

click the pic /\
ULLER4LYFE! the internet hates CSF

Offline Werewolf486}12thVR{

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-1
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 09:50:32 PM »
Seems to me it's all a desync issue.
NEW: Cooler Master ATSC840                                                    OLD: Cooler Master ATSC840
ASUS LGA2011 Rampage IV Black Edition/Intel i7-4930K             ASUS LGA775 Rampage Extreme/Intel Q9550S
ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2/27" ASUS Monitor                          ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2/ 24" ASUS Monitor
16GB Corsair Vengeance/Razor Nostromo/M70,M65 Corsair         8GB OCZ Reaper/ N52te/Sidewinder
Kingwin Mach1 1220watt/Win 7 Pro 64bit                                     Kingwin Mach1 1220watt/Win 7 Pro 64bit
250gb Velociraptor x 2 in Raid0/500GB WD Blue x 2 in Raid1        80GB Velociraptor x 2 in Raid0/750GB WD Blue x2 in Raid1

Offline =CJW=YalK

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +96/-1
  • There's no brakes on the Rape Train
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 04:44:39 AM »
And here name is Betty

Expecting understanding and empathy on the internet (especially in Toast [especially by Bill]) = fail.
And I say hey hey hey....I said hey, what's goin' on And I say hey.... hey....I said hey, what's goin' on? >>> THIS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70yNAwUUsc0

Offline SpectreOne

• Bondsman
  • Ghost Knight
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 10:24:44 PM »
Thanks.

And I had heard people refer to her as Betty, but I didn't know if that was the official name. XD Good to know.

~Quote from Firefly

Offline Serpentus

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +16/-0
  • Score: -167772
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 01:30:08 AM »
Yeah, the hovercraft thing is something about desynch and restarting usually fixes it. HOWEVER: When you hop out of your hovercraft while pressing direction keys, it floats a little just into the direction you've pressed. So, for instance, if your hover spawns in hangar bay 1 and you press A and W and jump out while still pressing the keys, your hovercraft should slip right out of the hangar, and you can usually get in and drive it around as soon as it's on non-hangar ground. Repairing's a little harder as you have to play around with it a bit to actually get it where you want it in the bay, so that's where restarting's really starting to become a viable alternative. Also, quite often it works to get out of your hovercraft and have somebody else drive it out of the hangar for you, but of course that's not a solution to be repeated too often.

Offline SpectreOne

• Bondsman
  • Ghost Knight
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 02:53:26 PM »
Ok.
I was thinking it would be a lag/desynch issue. At the time I kept passing through the ceilings and walls. It was quite annoying. That's when I started having problems with my hovercraft. I restarted to fix it. Fortunately, it has only happened once.

~Quote from Firefly