Author Topic: What is the Origin of your Handle/username?  (Read 9635 times)

Offline ScottRidley

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +15/-0
Re: What is the Origin of your Handle/username?
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2012, 07:25:19 PM »
Mine is from an obscure sci-fi movie involving a not-too-small raptor-like robot infighter: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109575/

It also has Brad Dourif playing an excellent lunatic genius (think H.M. Murdock put in charge of making the most heinous weapons he can think of) and one of the baddies from Die Hard. Be sure to check out the names of the other characters.

Scott Ridley is the first one to die on screen, by way of badass robot. Seemed kinda fitting.

The movie is kinda underrated - my guess is because people try taking it seriously. It has some hilarious self/genre irony in it if you don't take it at face value though. While still being reasonably well produced.

Offline JLZ

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-6
  • m e l e r s k i
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2012, 11:22:56 PM »
You need people like me....

Offline LorddKelvin

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2013, 10:25:35 AM »
My name came about because my aunt traced one our of ancestors named Lord Kelvin. He has a statue in Kelvingrove Park, Glasgow in Scotland. My handle has two d's cos I had fat fingers on th keyboard when I first created the name... so I stuck with it

Offline [IPA] Avatar

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-4
  • Kiss me, I'm shitfaced!
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2013, 11:52:09 AM »
My name came about because my aunt traced one our of ancestors named Lord Kelvin. He has a statue in Kelvingrove Park, Glasgow in Scotland. My handle has two d's cos I had fat fingers on th keyboard when I first created the name... so I stuck with it

That's a quite illustrious ancestor.

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-25
  • hi
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2013, 02:16:14 PM »
My name? It's from this  ;)

Offline Arashi_Calunata

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
  • And so it begins...
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2013, 11:24:13 PM »
It's very unoriginal; Arashi Novalleus Calunata (The 3rd) is what I call myself at furry sites, and in general (Eschewing my birthname).
The cowardly Blood Asp pilot. What would you expect from a Newbie?

Gay furry, a tiger, specifically.

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2013, 09:02:08 PM »

Offline DKPortela

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-2
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2013, 05:53:26 AM »
DK is the short for Dark Knight, not the Batman kind but the old medieval knight legend of the knight that used its enemies strategies and weapons againts them but wasnt totally lost his way to evil. Its the nickname a friend in the US Special Forces gave me when i got into combat along side them. I've since adopted it for myself as my gaming persona.

My BT name is Draco Harkins, Tauran of birth.

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +339/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2013, 02:29:05 PM »
I have an aversion to the letter y.

Offline skyhawk71

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
  • Let the fires guide the Sphere towards unity.
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2013, 01:37:30 PM »
I go by 3 aliases these days:

Nascar241993: When we (my family) switched our internet service to AT&T, this became my most common username. At the time of the switch, I was, and still am, a Nascar fan. The name itself has 3 meanings. Nascar=Nascar fan, 24=Jeff Gordon, my favorite Nascar driver, and 1993=my birth year.

Skyhawk71: My second common alias. If I recall correctly, it was my attempt at trying to change my username to something that won't be ridiculed as much, cause pretty much going by any username with "Nascar" in it has a (now uncommon) chance of people ridiculing it.

Nighthawk71=Very uncommon alias. I only use this alias on MWLL and MWO, and (possibly) Battlefield Heroes. Prior to MWO (possibly the first instance where I used this alias), I used to go by the callsign "Nighthawk" on a freeware flight sim/combat flight sim "YS Flight".
Known in-game as Nighthawk71.
"Let the fires guide the Sphere towards unity, to seal the cracks that divide the Great Houses." -Founding words and slogan of the Mercenary Lance Firefox (later known as Ghost Fox), a non-canon mercenary lance made up by me.