Author Topic: I would apply to join the team but...  (Read 2448 times)

Offline Tufted Titmouse

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-1
  • But mom said it was MY turn to post!
I would apply to join the team but...
« on: June 27, 2012, 04:06:43 AM »
I'm already part of another dev team, and I promised I would finish the mod they're working on hopefully before summer is up. I am an amateur 3d artist who has done some work in the way of 'mechs before.

So I guess my real question is: how long will this mod be in ongoing development? You might catch me free later in the year, next summer or maybe next year, and I'd love to do some work for this game.
SPARKLE

PARTY

Offline Cujo

• Evil Polygon Wizard
  • MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +55/-0
    • Deviant Art Gallery
Re: I would apply to join the team but...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 04:18:17 AM »
Thank you for your interest, the mod development will be going on for a long while, no worries.  When you're ready go post up some portfolio stuff and someone will get in touch with you.

Offline Werewolf486}12thVR{

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-1
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 04:22:31 AM »
I'm already part of another dev team, and I promised I would finish the mod they're working on hopefully before summer is up. I am an amateur 3d artist who has done some work in the way of 'mechs before.

So I guess my real question is: how long will this mod be in ongoing development? You might catch me free later in the year, next summer or maybe next year, and I'd love to do some work for this game.

There isn't an end date, time, or even talk about how long development will be. So with that I figure on years of blissful beta, since it's taken years to get to this point. I would applaud the addition of people to the team that can do art, models, animation, but mostly cool looking performance minded environmental assets. They also welcome fresh meat, I meant blood, sorry talent to the team.
NEW: Cooler Master ATSC840                                                    OLD: Cooler Master ATSC840
ASUS LGA2011 Rampage IV Black Edition/Intel i7-4930K             ASUS LGA775 Rampage Extreme/Intel Q9550S
ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2/27" ASUS Monitor                          ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2/ 24" ASUS Monitor
16GB Corsair Vengeance/Razor Nostromo/M70,M65 Corsair         8GB OCZ Reaper/ N52te/Sidewinder
Kingwin Mach1 1220watt/Win 7 Pro 64bit                                     Kingwin Mach1 1220watt/Win 7 Pro 64bit
250gb Velociraptor x 2 in Raid0/500GB WD Blue x 2 in Raid1        80GB Velociraptor x 2 in Raid0/750GB WD Blue x2 in Raid1

Offline KorJax

• Level Design (Reader of Stickies)
  • MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-2
  • Memento Mori
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 05:54:03 PM »
Just be sure to constantly badger/IM/email/PM lead devs till you get on after someone comes in and sees your portfolio if they seem like they like it (whenever you happen to post it). Just because we don't really have  a PR guy to handle stuff like this anymore, and the leads (who bring new people on) tend to be very busy and miss this forum, or forget about old applications :P