Author Topic: C-Bill increments  (Read 1421 times)

Offline CGB [Ancient Demise]

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-0
  • Clan Ghost Bear
C-Bill increments
« on: July 26, 2012, 05:43:58 PM »
I've had this idea for a while and as far as I can tell, this does not exist in any of the current Cvars.
Can we have a c-var command that allows server admins to re-structure the c-bill spawning levels?
Something like sv_cbill_levels n1, n2, n3, n4, n5, n6, n7, n8 where n1-8 are the different ranks.
 This may not work too well on large servers because it has the potential to disrupt balance, but it would be very useful for smaller scrims and practices in TSA and TC game modes. We already have to option to change the cbill income modifier (g_pp_scale_income), why not this too?

"Most discipline is hidden discipline, designed not to liberate but to limit. Do not ask 'Why.' Be cautious with 'How.' 'Why' leads inexorably to paradox. 'How' traps you in a universe of cause and effect. Both deny the infinite."
---The Apocrypha of Arrakis; Frank Herbert, Heretics of Dune

Offline ELH_MrGray

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-9
Re: C-Bill increments
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 08:57:54 AM »
When we talk about asset pricing most problems come from price system itself, not ranks. For example for internal scrims in ELH we use our own prices. Current price system works for pub servers but for organized games (huge balance holes). We have deferent prices for trials as well. I think your suggestion can help to balance pub rank system but have nothing to do with competitive gameplay, good idea anyway.

"Do you know what the sound of 2 UAC/20s is?"
"What's it sound like?"
"RAPERAPERAPERAPE."