Author Topic: *REPORTED* Throwing C8 on a Chevalier's upper hull results in instant OS lockup  (Read 1536 times)

Offline =KoS= Saber15

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +181/-2
  • RIP AND TEAR
r14831

Asset: Chevalier
Issue: Throwing a C8 onto the area in-front or behind the Chevalier's turret results in an instant game crash and possibly a computer lockup, requiring a hard restart

Repro steps:
1. Player 1 buys C8, player 2 buys Chevalier
2. Player 1 throws C8 onto the front or rear upper part of the Chevalier
3. Player 1 instantly crashes when the C8 lands, and may or may not get a computer lockup

Repro: 3/3

Severity: 5

Edit: "computer" reworded to "OS", title was too long to mark it. (Kit)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 02:04:06 AM by (TLL)KitLightning »
"Concentrate on the moment, each moment is its own reality. It has a particular thisness. You can't predict, but you can explain. Or try. If you are observant, and lucky, you can say, this is why this is happening! It's very interesting!"

Offline Nemo

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +17/-1
I just hard locked when throwing an incendiary on top of a hephastis, related?

Was in a bush, badly beaten, ejected just ahead of destruction. C8 on an uller, it died, turned around and tossed incendiary on top of the hep, instant hard lock.

EDIT: Repro on my own hep with incendiary. Also on the Huit. Seems all turreted vehicles are locking you if you land a grenade on them.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 06:36:26 PM by Nemo »

Offline Waffnuffly

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +73/-0
  • Up next on the Violence Channel: "Oww, My Balls!"
Holy shit, THAT explains what happened on TC_Inferno last night.

I had the same thing go down when I chucked an Inferno onto a stuck Chev. First time MWLL has ever hard-locked my system, too.

Offline -AAA-

• Alphatester
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +58/-1
For what it's worth, I had this issue when throwing C8 on a Demolisher's turret last night.  I was able to avoid a complete hard-lockup by starting task manager, and killing crysis.exe, but it took around 2 minutes for task manager to even come up. 

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH!!!

Offline Nemo

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +17/-1
I stuck a grenade to the side of a chevy this morning without crashing. Its just the top of all turreted vehicles causing the crash.

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
*REPORTED*

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +39/-0
Guys, if you can, please fix this bug properly. The bug was just circumvented by disabling sticking to vehicles, but that throws the entire vehicle-BA balance in the can. Now it's almost impossible for a BA to win against a vehicle because the vehicle's turret can force the BA to stay airborn as long as possible, until s/he finally runs out of jump jet juice and is killed. Since all vehicles shoot from their POV instead of from the ends of their barrels, it's also impossible to land anyplace safe on a vehicle. This is not how the game design was clearly intending the balance to be, where even Morrigus have no problem with BAs. Could you guys fix up this bug and re-implement C8 sticking on vehicles? If the BA's second-most important weapon isn't working right, there's kind of no point on adding more types of broken BA. And certainly balance testing them will be flawed.

Topic is also here:

http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,18288.0.html