Author Topic: 0.6.0 C8 is fubar  (Read 3446 times)

Offline Deathmancer

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +11/-0
0.6.0 C8 is fubar
« on: July 29, 2012, 08:52:54 AM »
In this new version i stuck a c8 perfectly on a badly damaged Black Lanner which would have been destroyed
but when the c8 detonated the B-Lanner took no damage and the c8 exploded near where i originally placed it while the Black Lanner had already moved away some distance.

This is happening allot. On my screen i see i planted c8 perfectly on the mech but when it explodes it doesn't explode on the mech and damage it but it explodes on the ground where the mech was when i planted it.

until this is figured out i highly recommend rolling back C8 to pre 0.6.0 function in a hot fix until this game breaking (for battle armor) bug is sorted.

Offline -SM-SUCKER

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +82/-0
Re: 0.6.0 C8 is fubar
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 01:17:15 PM »
Sounds lag related to me.
I used C8 only on a stationary chev in 0.6.x, but it did its job.
Do you got repro steps?

Offline DFDelta

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +145/-1
  • Wiki Staff
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 03:00:17 PM »
I have played a few rounds of dedicated BA since 0.6.0 release and I have had no problems with C8 so far.
It is even working better then ever.

Sure it was not lag related?
Join the MWLL wiki today, your contributions will make the wiki a better place.

In Lyran Commonwealth, Atlas scouts you.

Offline Deathmancer

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +11/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 06:36:30 AM »
It's easy to reproduce, just now in kagoshima i planted a c8 on a hollanders cockpit and the hollander killed me but from my place of death i could see the c8 and when it blew up the explosion was near my camera where i died not on the hollanders cockpit.

you think its lag? I could easily plant c8 on moving mechs in European servers with a ping of 200+ before this patch.

My ping was almost always 95-98 when this happens.

To me it looks like c8 works like a PPC now, there is the special fx that we see flying through the air and an impact followed by a small explosion and then the actual projectile that causes the damage that we don't see.
 You can see this when you have a shitty ping or the server is over loaded i.e. "my ac 20 arent registering".

Maybe my game is fapped and I'm the only one who gets this or maybe I'm the only one who puts my BA in the path of moving mechs using my jets and throws a perfectly timed C8 so it lands smack dab in the center of a mech thats running full throttle.

Offline Tufted Titmouse

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-1
  • But mom said it was MY turn to post!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 06:06:46 AM »
Can we just agree that C8 is still being assraped by Crysis' netcode?

It's like coating a rock in Elmer's Glue and throwing it at an anthromorphic vehicle running at 150 KPH.
SPARKLE

PARTY

Offline d3jake

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-2
  • [CGB] Pilots Captured Long Toms
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 07:18:35 AM »
Yeah... if we could shoe-horn the America's Army 2.x grenades into here, and make them sticky, they'd be no problem, but I think that the netcode has the C8's by the throat.

Offline TOMTOM

• The subarashi magical
  • Senior Developer
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +43/-0
  • Lost in 3d Space/time
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 03:15:14 PM »
Yep im having similar issues with c8 exploding near me while it looks its sticking to the target, and im playing on Eur. servers well need to take a closer look!
I hate you BA so stop moving and let me SHOOT YOU!!!!

Offline Cindercat

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-1
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 10:20:59 PM »
I'm having exactly the same issue.  On one occasion the C8 blowing up in its previous location actually killed me.

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 11:47:04 PM »
odd i can never stick anything  moving :P

yet on halo i have no problem sticking PEOPLe with plasma grenades so yeah i agree gotta be the code.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +39/-0
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 05:23:48 PM »
Well Halo has 3 types of subtle aim assist running simultaneously.

But on the subject, I had a Warhammer dead to rights when the C8 that on my screen was firmly planted on its back armor exploded at my feet and added a suicide.