Author Topic: Improved server Cont. Project?  (Read 4203 times)

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
Re: Improved server Cont. Project?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 08:57:17 PM »
Nope, that's done either through HTTP or reading the log file.

I had two Threads, one that owned all the visual components of Rconnect (the default one) and another that was dedicated to monitor a Server connection (things like sending the Status command every X time, checking if the connection is still up, etc.). That second Thread couldn't do things like checking if a Checkbox was checked, or updating a Listview, since those components belonged to the first Thread, and that was annoying me because my procedure that was running in the second Thread had to check and update UI components.

A workaround that Spoonguard did was passing the UI changes or checks that he needed to public variables, having to update those constantly to reflect any changes that might had happen in one or another.

With a Dispatcher I won't need to duplicate that and the code will be better readable. It had an advantage though, since most UI components were saved in variables, changes could be made in the UI and only be saved when requested.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" Šokaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 06:26:22 AM »
Ok only now, when I tried using it on a server with several players, that I noticed something was wrong in the Rconnect source code. In VB 2008 it asks me to convert it from VB6, which was done sucessfully, pratically with no changes to the code, so it shouldn't create any issues. However after compiling and running it (even with the clean version without my code), it bugs out when there's more than one player connected in a server. However the included executable build, claiming to be the 4.007 version, works fine.

My guess is that spoonguard wrote some code but didn't finished what he was doing. I pinpointed to where and why it happens, so I'll try to find the best solution. Seems like my estimate in this thread was way wrong when I said it would only take me one/two more weeks to finish this. :P
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-2
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 07:20:24 AM »
Nevertheless a worthy pursuit.
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 07:31:45 AM »
son of a bitch its written in visual basic.

This deserves a .....

visual basic are you kidding me? I'm only a novice programmer and even I know some visual basic! (first programming language i learned.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2012, 05:33:34 AM »
(...) that I hope to finish this week, errr or next one, depends if I'm in the mood to program or play. (...)

Almost a month Uh now that I looked at a callendar, almost two months... I need to work on my estimates. :P
Tools and I: