Author Topic: Selling my Battletech book collection  (Read 7913 times)

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
Re: Selling my Battletech book collection
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2012, 09:07:50 AM »
Well the 36 booK set is gone.  :-\

The 36 books btw are a birthday present for my 15 year old son who reads books faster than I can read the directions for a cup o noodles.

Offline Rampage

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +26/-0
    • Rampage Computers
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2012, 03:55:13 AM »
That is pretty cool. It is good to know they are going to someone who will appreciate them and I think they will really pull him into the Battletech universe. Tell him I wished him a Happy Birthday!

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2012, 04:20:43 AM »
If you see clev in game, that's him... 

He's already pretty good.  He was lrm boating this evening.

Offline [CG]Anastasius Focht

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-9079
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2012, 06:35:58 AM »
I had already PM'd Rampage and told him i would buy them, insane postage and all if no one else bid on them, i was tempted to place a bid after yours but decided not to.
With postage to australia being  $116 bucks it seemed better to let them go to someone closer, and not drive the price up by bidding.
When i heard about where they went , i knew i had made the right decision.
You have to understand the code of duty and honor that rules those who pilot these engines of destruction. Placing such an awesome weapon in the hands of an individual implies a similar gesture of trust

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anastasius_Focht

Offline [CG]Anastasius Focht

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-9079
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2012, 07:16:42 AM »
To the rest on offer.......

Thats the best price you will likely see for the sword and the dagger, Its a great read and gives a great example why having a battlefist on a Victor is a good idea  ;)

The other sourcebooks are also, not likely to see a reprint anytime soon, so they are collectors items too.
You have to understand the code of duty and honor that rules those who pilot these engines of destruction. Placing such an awesome weapon in the hands of an individual implies a similar gesture of trust

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anastasius_Focht

Offline Kelmola

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +62/-1
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2012, 10:05:41 AM »
Not to mention that The Sword and the Dagger is the only book besides Far Country which features sentient aliens (which are, to add insult to the injury, blatant Ewok rip-offs) ::)

Offline Jodix

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-0
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2012, 02:11:52 PM »
No worries Mate, Thats a pity.

Rampage, could you find out how much shipping the lot to australia would cost and let me know.

My sci fi collection is listed in my will as bequeathed to the Sydney Universitys Sci Fi library
(Along with a decent cash donation to cover costs etc)
They have already seen my cataloge and are happy to accept my collection when i shuffle off

Collection of over 80,000 titles which was begun in 1974 and enlarged by the acquisition in 1979 of the Ron Graham Science Fiction Collection, a private collection assembled by Ron Graham over 45 years before his death in 1979. The collection is being added to continuously and is now one of the largest institutional collections of Science Fiction and Fantasy in the world. It contains hardcovers and paperbacks, reference works, indexes, journals, fan material, art work, film posters and stills, manuscripts, memorabilia and a large collection of comics.

The Ron Graham Collection is largely uncatalogued, although the Rare Books and Special Collections Library holds the original card index compiled by Ron Graham. The Ron Graham Collection contains complete or near-complete runs of famous early magazines such as Amazing, Astounding and Weird Tales.

In 2004-2005 Colin Steele donated his significant private collection of science fiction, fantasy, horror books and periodicals to the University Library. Built up over many years in England and Australia, this comprehensive collection includes complete works of leading overseas and Australian authors, anthologies, rare early journals and fanzines. The Steele Collection complements the Ron Graham Collection and extends and reaffirms the importance and strength of the Library's nationally and internationally recognised Science Fiction and Fantasy Collection

Since they will wind up in the one of the worlds largest Sci Fi collections eventually a few double ups wont hurt.
No promises, but if i can get an idea of postage and no one else takes them, i will think about making an offer

Offline Rampage

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +26/-0
    • Rampage Computers
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2012, 05:46:43 PM »
Well the  Masters and Minions source book and the "The Sword and The Dagger" novel are now on their way to new owners. All I have left is the source book about the history of the Davions and the Clan source book. I put them back up for auction. I am hoping all the new owners get as much pleasure out of these books as I did.

Offline Cik

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +55/-2
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 06:25:01 AM »

SON I AM DISAPPOINT

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2012, 07:35:37 AM »

Hum I guess I found you both today in the Carbon map. GG indeed. :P

Wasn't clev in a Novacat (or UAC20 MKII?) at some point? I think I killed him once... And funny that most of the battle is always in that lower part of the map, and that narrow pass is always contested, which is great, more action that way.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" Šokaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 06:29:09 PM »
Yep that was us.  He only LRM boats to get money, then he upgrades to something I usually can't afford. :)

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +340/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 06:30:39 PM »
I wish I could afford the clan source book.

Anyone want to be a charity???

hahahah  :-*