Author Topic: Future plans for BA?  (Read 14346 times)

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
Future plans for BA?
« on: September 03, 2012, 09:29:31 AM »
Are there any future plans to expand the BA element(al)s of the game?

I ask because it's a pretty rich vein to mine in terms of both variety and pure tech.  I'm guessing to start with you could stick with the same animations etc for all of them, and just have different capabilities, like varying strength of jump jets or lack thereof, armor, speed,  Basic BA is still free but like the weapons the upgrades would cost accordingly.  I could well see a BA / single weapon combo that would exceed spawn cash at the lower ranks.  Maybe on the clan side you could choose elemental and gain like 2x endurance and speed etc but for 40kCbills or something.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Category:Inner_Sphere_Battle_Armor
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Category:Clan_Battle_Armor

Since Clan and IS BA differ wildly it would be another way to work on asymmetric balance.

Just a thought.  I'm more wondering if there are any future plans for it really, and if so what the devs could tell us of their thoughts on it.

Offline cyofee

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +71/-62
    • cyofee
Re: Future plans for BA?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 09:47:00 AM »
Short story: yes, BAs are planned to be improved and expanded, but it's likely not coming very soon.

Offline =CJW= Zweistein000 (W)

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +222/-72
  • Trial of position ended; Rank: Warrior
    • Urbie Defense By (TLL)CapperDeluxe
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 11:00:15 AM »
Heavy BA and assault BA are planned. Also BA Lt.Gauss Is planned and there might even be a Micro X-Pulse laser. Other weapons planned are Claw and possibly BA_Small and BA_Medium Beam laser as well as BA_Pulse lasers. Not sure about BA electronics, but LAP would be cool. Also I think they will also get camouflage.

Heavy Battle Armour: Corona and Phalanx

« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 11:05:27 AM by =CJW= Zweistein000 (W) »
Vote Bill for multidimentional sex warlock 2013.

Quote from: Bin Fish link=http://cjw.dyndns.biz/forum/profile.php?10,12
Don't sniff anything Bill gives you and never find yourself alone with HAARP

Offline Zaro27

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-0
  • Nicest Motherfapper Here
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 06:58:37 PM »
I just want a second level of zoom and maybe some Inferno SRMs.
I want to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that won't screw to save it's species. I want to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all those French beaches I'll never see. I want to breathe smoke. I want to destroy something beautiful.

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-2
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 07:04:06 PM »
And maybe a cool animation of a BA dying in the fire from his own activated inferno grenade after I sever its arm from body habitus.
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket

Offline NoZart

• Alphatester
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +53/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 12:51:30 AM »
Two BAs using a rope to stop mechs. Hoth style.
The Boss everyone's like

Watch my Trailer for MWLL:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mein Leben ist ein Pwnyhof

Offline Tufted Titmouse

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-1
  • But mom said it was MY turn to post!
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 04:14:29 AM »
Add Protomechs.
SPARKLE

PARTY

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +340/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 04:20:57 AM »
Add Protomechs.

I actually do support this, haha

Offline whatever

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-1
  • Has the wisdom of the old man of the mountain.
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 06:37:23 AM »
It will be interesting for new ba suits and options..just as long as their is a balance of ANTI-BA PODS (que sinister squirrel music :P)

basicly it is 2 tons or so of claymore explosives on mechs legs, ready to kill too close pesky ba leg huggers :D
I was a mechwarrior like you once; until i took a arrow to my mech's knee ...

Offline Tufted Titmouse

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-1
  • But mom said it was MY turn to post!
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 03:26:47 AM »
It will be interesting for new ba suits and options..just as long as their is a balance of ANTI-BA PODS (que sinister squirrel music :P)

basicly it is 2 tons or so of claymore explosives on mechs legs, ready to kill too close pesky ba leg huggers :D

No.

Anti-Personel pods would make in-your-face tactics with BA pretty pointless. Next thing we know it we'll have assault BA sitting on hills with LRM packs or ER MPPPCs, because it's pointless to use close-range weapons as BA.
SPARKLE

PARTY

Offline whatever

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-1
  • Has the wisdom of the old man of the mountain.
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 07:02:10 AM »
the thought of adding ba-pods to your mech would be optional equipment,

IF your mech has spare tonnage and you also dont mind having a ton less ammo for each missle/projectile weapon.

and each ba pod shot would be triggered by the pilot of the pod equipped mech, so the pilot would have to use a best guess where the ba are to get a kill

you could fake out a pilot using missles or a laser then fly over the enemy mech and the pod shot   ???   from the mechs legs would miss...erm

anyhoo :D  just a balanceing idea. it will be cool to try out diffrent types of ba armor (just a extra 4-10 feet distance ba thruster plz)  :P

BRINGIN THE POD ON THE URBIE !! ...hold still danget! ;D
I was a mechwarrior like you once; until i took a arrow to my mech's knee ...

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 07:33:48 AM »

anyhoo :D  just a balanceing idea. it will be cool to try out diffrent types of ba armor (just a extra 4-10 feet distance ba thruster plz)  :P

I really like the idea of various BA armor packages, and each one affecting jj performance, or even ba or loadouts that're too heavy to carry jjs with.

Offline Zaro27

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-0
  • Nicest Motherfapper Here
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 08:07:04 AM »
I'm only OK with anti-BA pods if they can be separately targeted, they activate when they're destroyed, and if they can damage nearby mechs. Free BA kills aren't free if I can use them against your team.
I want to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that won't screw to save it's species. I want to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all those French beaches I'll never see. I want to breathe smoke. I want to destroy something beautiful.

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 08:10:28 AM »
That would be an awesome way to leg a heavy or assault mech!

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 11:52:31 AM »
the thought of adding ba-pods to your mech would be optional equipment,

IF your mech has spare tonnage and you also dont mind having a ton less ammo for each missle/projectile weapon.

and each ba pod shot would be triggered by the pilot of the pod equipped mech, so the pilot would have to use a best guess where the ba are to get a kill

you could fake out a pilot using missles or a laser then fly over the enemy mech and the pod shot   ???   from the mechs legs would miss...erm

BRINGIN THE POD ON THE URBIE !! ...hold still danget! ;D

If they ever get implemented, this is almost spot on as to how they should be devised.

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)