Author Topic: Future plans for BA?  (Read 14567 times)

Offline Chezzar

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +25/-0
Re: Future plans for BA?
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2012, 01:52:46 PM »
There's a wide variety of powered armor suits in the BT universe, and it'd be nice to see some of them reflected in game.  I.e. clan gets elementals which are tougher, but starting cost is like 45k, IS might have kage with cloaking tech (it's already in crysis so...) and costs 30k but can't load out srms, etc.  It's not about buffing base BA, it's about having a progression path for them similar to mechs.  Nothing's cheap, but you get what you pay for, and there's variety so BA isn't just limited to 2 or 3 weapons and tactics, but has variety.

We don't have one hover, one tank, one vtol, or one aero.

Yay, love that idea. First new Suits are coming soon (TM), mayby there will be more? Or, to make things easier, some upgrades for the existing suit(s)?

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2012, 08:52:00 PM »
still think claw for ba would be a good weapon allow you to cling onto allied mechs or enemy ones and shoot them

Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" Šokaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2012, 09:04:46 PM »
perhaps  drop the enmy hang on and just replace it with a damage thing.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline ELH_MrGray

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-9
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2012, 10:04:06 PM »
Epic madskillzz Striker!

"Do you know what the sound of 2 UAC/20s is?"
"What's it sound like?"
"RAPERAPERAPERAPE."

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2012, 12:53:41 AM »
You mean Saber? I only scavenged the Epic paint skills thread. :P
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" Šokaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline ELH_MrGray

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-9
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2012, 12:45:44 PM »
Yeah, sure :)

"Do you know what the sound of 2 UAC/20s is?"
"What's it sound like?"
"RAPERAPERAPERAPE."

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +340/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2012, 02:32:06 PM »
Tbh some sort of BA progression would be very cool. But I feel the native suits (elemental/longinus) would have to be removed as the default player model/suit.

I think it would make more sense for there to be a dedicated route for BA blah blah, so you could have a mechwarrior suit (sealed pressure suit with a coolant vest etc) armed with a small laser to defend against dedicated BA and up from there I guess.

Offline Bobby

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +30/-2
« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2012, 05:51:33 PM »
There was a pilot that was modeled earlier in the mods development (even a handgun for'em too), but I think it got scraped because the devs figured people wouldn't enjoy being relatively defenseless after ejecting. I'd say if there were a mechwarrior suit, it'd have to have the mobility of our current BA, and the BA would become more "mech" like. BA being more offensive, and the pilot more evasive via a jetpack that operates at terrain level for extended periods of time or something.

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2012, 06:01:01 PM »
I think it's fine as it is ,but ugrades to heavier battle armor cost c-bills.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline Cindercat

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-1
« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2012, 09:14:35 PM »
The main thing I don't like about using BAs is the fact that you're stuck with the same equipment throughout the entire game.  Even if they just added improved versions of the existing weapons that you can buy later in the game.

e.g.

Particle Cannon +1   ||   Cost: 38,500 credits   ||   Improvements: Range and damage + 10%

Particle Cannon +2   ||   Cost: 77,000 credits   ||   Improvements: Range and damage + 20%

Particle Cannon +3   ||   Cost: 115,500 credits   ||   Improvements: Range and damage + 30%

Heavy Laser +1   ||   Cost: 55,000 credits   ||   Improvements: Damage + 10%, Cooldown time - 10%.

Heavy Laser +2   ||   Cost: 110,000 credits   ||   Improvements: Damage + 20%, Cooldown time - 20%.

Heavy Laser +3  ||  Cost: 165,000 credits  ||  Improvements: Damage + 30%, Cooldown time - 30%.

Prices and effects might not be balanced, this is just an example.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 10:04:49 PM by Cindercat »

Offline Mattk50

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-0
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2012, 03:59:48 AM »
I like that BA is cheap, when the new banking system actually goes in BA will be far more valued for that reason.