Author Topic: Future plans for BA?  (Read 15268 times)

Offline Ghogiel

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +60/-0
Re: Future plans for BA?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 12:52:26 PM »
I'd still never buy them in that case.

In most mechs,  just shoot them, and where you are really vulnerable is in say a faf, in which case the BA landing on it's head is the way to go for max bumming...

Offline kryobig

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +14/-0
  • A dish best served cold.
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 01:47:04 PM »
If I was in charge, this is how I would revamp the BA system:
1. Players spawn as "pilots", who are unarmored, unarmed and run slowly, maybe 20km/h tops, but are equipped with jetpacks with longer range than current Elemental BA.
2. Only pilots are able to board mechs and if a player ejects, he will become a pilot again, allowing him to board empty mechs or run back to base, but not to instantly attack enemies with BA weapons, like now.
3. Pilots may buy BA equipment but can't eject from it, if a player wishes to upgrade, he will have to get into a BA hangar and sell his current BA, becoming a pilot again.
4. Add a bunch of different BAs catering for different play styles.
For example:
  • Light BA can only carry small weapons but is faster and can never be seen in radar
  • Medium BA functions much like the current Elemental BA
  • Heavy BA can carry larger weapons but moves slower and can only do short hops with JJ and can be detected further away in radar
  • Assault BA can carry multiple heavy weapons, moves slowest, but can not JJ and can be seen almost as far away as a battlemech

Offline Terragent

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +44/-0
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 01:53:16 PM »
1. Players spawn as "pilots", who are unarmored, unarmed and run slowly, maybe 20km/h tops, but are equipped with jetpacks with longer range than current Elemental BA.
Oh yes. So much this.

Offline Ghogiel

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +60/-0
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 02:04:36 PM »
Close but not quite how I want it.

Offline Kelmola

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +62/-1
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 02:53:52 PM »
^^ what kryobig said

Offline Come and See

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +26/-0
  • Thunderbolts, apply directly to the forehead.
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 02:56:26 PM »
If I'm a pilot and I have to run ALL the way back to base than I'll commit suicide to speed up the process.

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +341/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 03:02:05 PM »
I'm for most of Kyro's stuff apart from the radar one for light BA.

Offline kryobig

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +14/-0
  • A dish best served cold.
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2012, 03:31:08 PM »
If I'm a pilot and I have to run ALL the way back to base than I'll commit suicide to speed up the process.
You could of course run to a forward base to get a new mech or a BA spawn of a nearby cap point and continue as a BA. And even then it woudn't be much slower than currently, the slower running speed would be compensated by the ability to JJ longer distances.

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2012, 04:54:32 PM »
as far as battle armor claw could we be able to rip off a layer of armor or hang onto a enemy mech and continue firng our weapon at it within close range? (for a set amount of time to balance it out)

also no x-pulse laser please clan clan er never x..(er still has more range)

and as for the light guass i've seen a mini guass on mechwarriro four with the new mechpacks.

also a LAp would be aewsome ba really has a limted Range and it would help spot potential threats coming...

and once again NO X PULSE LASER!!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:21:17 PM by Alex Kerensky »
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline =CJW= Zweistein000 (W)

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +222/-72
  • Trial of position ended; Rank: Warrior
    • Urbie Defense By (TLL)CapperDeluxe
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 04:49:28 PM »
If I was in charge, this is how I would revamp the BA system:
2. Only pilots are able to board mechs and if a player ejects, he will become a pilot again, allowing him to board empty mechs or run back to base, but not to instantly attack enemies with BA weapons, like now.
3. Pilots may buy BA equipment but can't eject from it, if a player wishes to upgrade, he will have to get into a BA hangar and sell his current BA, becoming a pilot again.
4. Add a bunch of different BAs catering for different play styles.

This^
Vote Bill for multidimentional sex warlock 2013.

Quote from: Bin Fish link=http://cjw.dyndns.biz/forum/profile.php?10,12
Don't sniff anything Bill gives you and never find yourself alone with HAARP

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 06:06:33 PM »
It will be interesting for new ba suits and options..just as long as their is a balance of ANTI-BA PODS (que sinister squirrel music :P)

basicly it is 2 tons or so of claymore explosives on mechs legs, ready to kill too close pesky ba leg huggers :D

No.

Anti-Personel pods would make in-your-face tactics with BA pretty pointless. Next thing we know it we'll have assault BA sitting on hills with LRM packs or ER MPPPCs, because it's pointless to use close-range weapons as BA.
why not Pro-ba pods that were proposed on the dasher before it was built? each pod can carry like 2 ba's and you can choose to drop it by choosing it as a weapon group when it drops the ba's  are ejcted from the pod and the pod dissapears.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +39/-0
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 03:10:33 AM »
I like it how every time a BA topic comes up, it just ends up filled with ideas on how to nerf BA. When in fact BA have stayed the same (discounting the ever-increasing number of BA bugs per update) while all other assets have been buffed and are planned to be buffed: hull/internals, which are basically extra armor when it comes down to it, improvements to weapons which were previously lacking (pulse lasers, etc), moveable arms, better animations which could potentially improve mobility (for instance if the animation after falling from a height were made more flexible), etc.. Everyone wants to nerf BA at the same time everything else gets consistent buffs, but BA haven't been OP for years.

Jus' sayin'.

Offline Tufted Titmouse

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-1
  • But mom said it was MY turn to post!
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2012, 03:53:24 AM »
So long as this thread's still alive:

1. BA Pods are fine so long as ammo is noticeably finite. It shouldn't be an automated LBX80 strapped to the legs that only damages infantry. Past tjat, it's a really good idea. Esp. For Faffy, I can just imagine a hail of bullets dropping from the Fafnir's giant torso onto BA below.

2. Still waiting for BA Claw :P

3. More variety for BA! I support this in every case.

4. Players spawn as unarmed, unarmored pilots. This, so much this. 1 MWLL BA = ~5 BT BA. They should be expensive. Also, I'd rather take a light BA than a medium BA, just for the trolling purposes.

5. Alex, I am really tired of the 'clan clan IS sucks clan is where its at add clan no IS' bullshit, and not just from you.
SPARKLE

PARTY

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +193/-5
  • Knight of the Inner Sphere
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2012, 04:24:37 AM »
4. Players spawn as unarmed, unarmored pilots. This, so much this.

No.

That shit adds nothing to the game but inconvenience, I would support no ejecting before that.
In a perfect world I would rather that ejecting ports you back to base with more money than you would get for respawning (with a completely different economy though).
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +39/-0
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2012, 08:56:37 AM »
What is wrong with BA pods is the way I understand it, and the way I see it suggested, there's no way to anticipate and dodge the attack as BA. No, hoping you tricked them with missiles (how is that a trick?) isn't a thing.