« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2014, 10:23:45 PM »
Lanius B is an imba ship.

Offline Scruffe

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +31/-0
  • Adventure!
Re: FTL
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2014, 10:49:04 PM »
Zoltan C, who needs power? Turns out, I do......

much misery
Vote Bill for multidimentional sex warlock 2013.

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2014, 07:13:29 AM »
Zoltan C, who needs power? Turns out, I do......

much misery

With that ship, I got lucky with a Drone Recovery arm and a human whom I made the pilot then I stomped ass. Finally took down the boss with the new stuff on even.

I've found that a hacking device is almost always a better choice than the mind control. You need to see inside their ship for the mind control, which means upgrading sensors or using a body to man them; while all you need is a drone for the hack. It not only cancels out enemy hack events, but if THEY have a mind control, you can just hack it. Leet!

Offline Jodix

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-0
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2014, 12:36:52 PM »
The hacking device has just another use than the mind control, I wouldn't say one of them is better. It depends on your other equipment, mind control is great in combination with the teleporter, as you can teleport controlled enemies onto your ship and deal with them there. So I think mind control fits better with a boarding setup, while hacking works better with conventional ways of dealing with enemies. Still I have to say that neither of them felt like it was worth the slot, as cloaking/ teleport/ drones still seem to be the most effective combo for me, making a successful run very probable.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Kestrel B ist still a BEAST, don't like the Lanius, they don't mix up very well with other crew members, flak cannon is WTF HELL YEAH, but the I is better than the II, music got even more awesome.

Offline Xesle

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +84/-19
  • Git gud scrubs
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2014, 05:25:33 PM »
The Kestrel B is one of my favorites too, being able to burst through shields with all those lasers is excellent and I like it for boarding since it starts with a Mantis and the teleporter room is right next to the medbay.  I still haven't beaten the flagship yet, but I got close again with the Zoltan B ship, which is another favorite.  I got to the third flagship fight and got overwhelmed at first by the sheer amount of crap it was throwing at me, but I knocked out its weapons with my marines and gave myself a moment to breath, but then it started using that bullshit burst attack which raped even my maximum upgraded shields and max level shield operator.  Goddamnit.

Prodigal son my ass.

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +193/-5
  • Knight of the Inner Sphere
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2014, 07:16:13 AM »
I'm using captain's edition mod. Because MODS.

:)

Though I want kinda want a mod that gives me easy levels of scrap at normal difficulty so i have to face harder enemies.
Normal levels of scrap are so little that you don't get to experiment with much, only really enough to get one or two systems/weapons/etc and then you start hitting the hard areas.
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline Xesle

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +84/-19
  • Git gud scrubs
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2014, 11:40:45 PM »
Is there a mod or someway I can just unlock all the ships I don't have?  I really want to try the federation cruiser.

edit I found a save editor.

edit edit I really wish you could aim the federation cruiser's built in weapon rather than it firing randomly.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 11:32:57 AM by Xesle »

Prodigal son my ass.