Author Topic: A small suggestion regarding newbies  (Read 3832 times)

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
Re: A small suggestion regarding newbies
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 12:41:26 AM »
I would gladly moderate any server, but all the pub servers are run by or clan units (which I don't particularly care for), and my unit's server is private; mostly because Verde has more or less taken over itself.

"That door leads to Ravenholm. We don't go to Ravenholm anymore."

Verde is private because it is cheaper, and the community doesn't really need another empty server.  It is there for Ranger practices(lol, I know) and league matches and fundrops.

Police yourselves and you will not need admins to do it for you. ;)

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline Tufted Titmouse

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-1
  • But mom said it was MY turn to post!
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 04:19:49 AM »
The issue isn't really policing, if some guy is being a dick, you just call them out and any decent player in the server will focus them until they explode, many times, both figuratively and literally.

Point of this thread is the new pilots, they're always so quiet and I feel like they deserve a bit more attention. Some people don't have the time or patience to traverse this game's jagged learning curve, at least not the same way I did. In other words, with one hand on Alt+F4 and the other on the W key.
SPARKLE

PARTY

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 04:25:55 AM »
helping out someone who appears to not have thier game down or being killed alot with tips on how to improve and not being a jackass about it would help a lot too.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline Tufted Titmouse

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-1
  • But mom said it was MY turn to post!
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 04:42:25 AM »
helping out someone who appears to not have thier game down or being killed alot with tips on how to improve and not being a jackass about it would help a lot too.

Asking for tips is kinda like asking "How do I play the game?"

You have to give us some idea as to what you need help with first.
SPARKLE

PARTY

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 05:04:00 AM »

I do that quite a bit.  But keep in mind that no one owes you that.  If they do it, great.  Was playing the other night with a bunch of noobs, having a pretty good time, encouraging them, lending them money, etc.  But the only real tip for beginners is get lots of stick time, stick close to your teammates, and don't be afraid of dying, cause that's gonna happen a lot when you start out.