Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online NDA lifted  (Read 174536 times)

Offline JLZ

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +33/-6
  • m e l e r s k i
Re: Mechwarrior Online NDA lifted
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 06:06:36 PM »

Both Mechwarrior, both multiplayer, both beta,...
There can only be one

...or maybe two. ::)

Offline Aidan

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-6
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 06:13:14 PM »
I don't like how the mechs look. All stocky and beefy.
I want the old school battletech look.

The maps I've played feel very small and cramped. Also none gave me the "alien planet" atmosphere most of the MWLL maps do.

Haven't played MWO very much, because it doesn't run well on my machine.
Even at the lowest settings & no AA, the game isn't playable (stutters). Is that normal with these specs?
C2D E8400 @3,5GHz
3,5GB RAM WinXP 32bit (<---maybe it's the 2GB limit)
nV 560SE 1GB (1366x768)

Although I knew I would prefer MWLL over MWO before I played it, I want to give it a chance, and be open minded. Untill now though I haven't had much fun with MWO. Maybe I will get to like it sometime. But I have left it out of my gaming menu for now. Currently MWLL wins big time IMHO.

Blinky lights in the mech bay are cool though. Want them in MWLL. ;)

Your operating system, DRAM memory, and CPU are not adequate to play MWO at a smooth rate with higher fidelity graphics. You may want to consider a system upgrade.

Good Luck.

Intel Core i7 @ 3.50GHz, AMD/ATI HD6990 LCS, Catalyst Control Center V12.8, 6GB Tri-Channel Dram, 640GB HD, 128GB SSD, DirectX 11,  Windows 7 Pro (64 bit), Corsair 1200 Watt Power Supply, Liquid Cooled GPU and CPU.

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +193/-5
  • Knight of the Inner Sphere
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 06:22:34 PM »
Looks like they need some speed/mass thresholds for collisions from the look of that video. O.o

Gonna wait and hopefully they learn all the lessons MWLL learned over the years the hard way, over years of trying and having to fix it themselves.
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2012, 06:25:08 PM »
Guasscats WTFPWN (substitute LRM rage, Laser rage, Assaultmech online, or the now nerfed XL300 laser hunchbacks that got nerfed.)
Dragon bowling
Grindy grind for your first mech
Shitty Performance/Netcode
Small not so great maps, and only 4 of them
Not enough mechbeard
Too much mechbeard
Not enough MW4
TDM/ base capture the only game mode
No meta game

Did I miss any whiners?

Team versus Pub stomp :3

Offline JLZ

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +33/-6
  • m e l e r s k i
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2012, 06:26:19 PM »
Your operating system, DRAM memory, and CPU are not adequate to play MWO at a smooth rate with higher fidelity graphics. You may want to consider a system upgrade.
Yeah I just read the lowest they are shooting for are the Core2Duo quad-core CPUs.
(Although my system is well within the minimun required specs)
I could build a new Win7 rig right away, but all the games I want to play run fine with quite high detail, so..not yet.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 06:34:40 PM by Bad guy »

Offline Defender

• Creative Director
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +65535/-65535
  • CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
    • Patrick Salerno's Porfolio
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2012, 06:33:57 PM »
Feels like the "World of Mechs" MW4 Expansion Pack, CE3 Update.
My personal, subjective, and presumably bias opinion. 
"A Goal without Vision is a Hallucination"

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Offline Aidan

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-6
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2012, 06:40:27 PM »
Stay tuned gentleman, there is a lot more to come.

8)

Intel Core i7 @ 3.50GHz, AMD/ATI HD6990 LCS, Catalyst Control Center V12.8, 6GB Tri-Channel Dram, 640GB HD, 128GB SSD, DirectX 11,  Windows 7 Pro (64 bit), Corsair 1200 Watt Power Supply, Liquid Cooled GPU and CPU.

Offline scylos

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +7/-0
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2012, 06:42:22 PM »
It's nothing like MW4 imho.

MW4's learning curve was totally brutal. It looks like that with some 8-12 hours of gaming I can be *very* competent in MWO.

MWLL & MW4 are very difficult games, each for its own reasons which I don't want to repeat as I am sure most people know well. It took me roughly a year to become a decent player in MWLL and 5 fecking years to climb to the top of the MW4 food chain.
I will never be able to do it with MWLL due to the spec requirements which handicap me very bad.

For what it's worth, I too prefer MWLL but in all fairness, the game is still at an infant stage. It is only going to get better, that is a given.

Offline Deathbane

• MWLL Contributor
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +165/-14
  • Fun now allowed
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2012, 06:42:32 PM »
I don't like how the mechs look. All stocky and beefy.
I want the old school battletech look.

The maps I've played feel very small and cramped. Also none gave me the "alien planet" atmosphere most of the MWLL maps do.

Haven't played MWO very much, because it doesn't run well on my machine.
Even at the lowest settings & no AA, the game isn't playable (stutters). Is that normal with these specs?
C2D E8400 @3,5GHz
3,5GB RAM WinXP 32bit (<---maybe it's the 2GB limit)
nV 560SE 1GB (1366x768)

Although I knew I would prefer MWLL over MWO before I played it, I want to give it a chance, and be open minded. Untill now though I haven't had much fun with MWO. Maybe I will get to like it sometime. But I have left it out of my gaming menu for now. Currently MWLL wins big time IMHO.

Blinky lights in the mech bay are cool though. Want them in MWLL. ;)

Try the three gig switch for XP. That should help both MWLL and MWO, and its worth a shot before you go out and upgrade.

Honestly its too holla holla get dollar for my liking, so im pretty sure its not going to innovate far from the world of tanks model. Its a shame as i used to argue against Bill on this, but im pretty much burned out of it already.
"Arguing about battlemechs off the field of battle is like arguing as a spheroid, even if you win, you're still a freebirth!"

'It's too bad they don't have a "Report to Mother button", I bet you'd be slapping that one twenty-four-seven so she'd come dry your tears when your own idiocy leads you to failure in a game on the internet.' - dimachaerus

New idea- would I be able to use an external hard drive to add RAM and/or improve gigahertz?

Offline Ghiest

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +17/-0
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2012, 06:46:48 PM »
I actually prefer it to MWLL right now (heathen I know :P)

a) quicker ... allot quicker matches, I don't need to fapp around with getting my first small mech then upgrade then upgrade further over 30-40 min borefest.  Select ... go 10-15 min later im looking at selecting my mech again.
b) Maps, some people like the open space sniper range but the maps that are currently in are fairly well designed allowing for multiple approaches (not just in physical approach but tactical too)
c) No repair - No Rearm, my biggest gripe with MWLL (apart from the whole Battle armour inside a mech canopy and glowy weapons :P) was the repair/rearm.  If you are a proper mechwarrior fan you knew it took days if not weeks to repair a heavily damged mech so the whole 30seconds and your done never sat right with me.
d) Mechbay (need I say more?)
e) actually not having to wait around for a few hours for a server to be populated ...
f) Persistence, plenty of people I know will hate it but I find it a source of enjoyment that keeps me coming back to try and improve/buy the mechs.  I was always the real nerd at the btech table trying to find the best loadout/config for the tonnage I had, it was part of the fun for me and now I get to do it online.

Since the c-bill adjustment rate I am getting around 100k per match (which means you can get around 15-20 matches before you can buy a lil commando).  I have a energy based raven ( 3 med 1 large laser) and I can rip up unsupported assault mechs and give anything that is not as fast as me a real run for their money.

There are also countless things that are wrong right now though.
a) Not enough choice of mechs
b) Some of the mechs just don't look right in my eyes (can't be helped though eh?)
c) Collision is sort of shocking at some points (getting knocked over by a heavier/same weight mech then having constant 5+ collisions because the other douchebag always wants to run forward), also missile collision is shocking too - lrms/srms going through the floor once they have locked on they can sometime go through anything.

There are many other small niggles but im willing to put up with it because it's just an easy game to grab hold of and play for 20 minutes then go on to something else, I don't need to reserve a night to try and find a match then spend 60+ minutes playing it.

Offline Ghogiel

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +60/-0
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2012, 06:55:01 PM »
So my pilot name is Ghogiel. yall know what to do.

Offline Cik

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +55/-2
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2012, 07:52:05 PM »
Thank you, now I won't have to pay for this and can stay with MWLL instead.
I do recommend trying once it is launched. It is worth a go at least, being f2p. Ok so you have to play like 8hrs to buy your first mech to actually start playing properly and use the mechlab... that is kinda stupid. but it's worth a look at to make up your own mind.

It may seem that it is utter shite by some of the crit I and others can lay down on it, but it's not that badly broken, I can sum up pretty much every negative about it, peoples complaints can mostly be summed up as follows> some valid to a degree, most are not simply because they are known features that are not yet in the game. 

Guasscats WTFPWN (substitute LRM rage, Laser rage, Assaultmech online, or the now nerfed XL300 laser hunchbacks that got nerfed.)
Dragon bowling
Grindy grind for your first mech
Shitty Performance/Netcode
Small not so great maps, and only 4 of them
Not enough mechbeard
Too much mechbeard
Not enough MW4
TDM/ base capture the only game mode
No meta game

Did I miss any whiners?

it has fanboys who call everyone else whiners when they point out legitimate gripes that the devs don't acknowledge.

Offline Mr_Blastman

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-0
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2012, 08:12:32 PM »
I've been in the beta for MWO since June.  Since that time I've seen it gradually go downhill in quality to the point where it is now.  I still hold out hope as the community is large and their early Founders introduction was strategically timed to the 0.6 patch in MWLL (those sly bastards) killing off all our servers.  >:(

Since playing it for so long, I've decided (early on) that MWLL is easily superior in every way save for the animations of the Mechs which are awesome and the free reticle.  Otherwise, you guys pwn it hard.

My only wish now is to get the MWLL community back.  I try to post about MWLL in the beta whenever I can but ppl seem to trash it without giving it a fair shot.

Offline Cik

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +55/-2
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2012, 08:15:34 PM »
I've been in the beta for MWO since June.  Since that time I've seen it gradually go downhill in quality to the point where it is now.  I still hold out hope as the community is large and their early Founders introduction was strategically timed to the 0.6 patch in MWLL (those sly bastards) killing off all our servers.  >:(

Since playing it for so long, I've decided (early on) that MWLL is easily superior in every way save for the animations of the Mechs which are awesome and the free reticle.  Otherwise, you guys pwn it hard.

My only wish now is to get the MWLL community back.  I try to post about MWLL in the beta whenever I can but ppl seem to trash it without giving it a fair shot.

free reticule is pretty neat.

Offline Mr_Blastman

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-0
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2012, 08:18:31 PM »
I'll flat out say that any MWLL vets can pick up MWO and in about 2-3 match can figure out how to STOMP THE SHIT out of the vast majority of MWO players. Yes, the "mech feel" is just that similar, the two retical system only takes a little bit of getting used to. At the same time the game very much SUFFERS from MW4 style defensive LRM/Gauss turtling when it comes to premades. You'll have a few that will actually do a light/medium blitz, but those are far and few between.

This camping is only due to the stupid engine nerfing they did in response to all the bitching on the forums from players that suck.  Over half the community has a KDR less than 1:1 ! (this was confirmed by developers).  The MWO guys can't fix their lag issues and it is sad, since they have made millions so far in founders revenues.