Author Topic: *KNOWN ISSUE* TC_Dusbtowl F6 turret crash  (Read 1769 times)

Offline cyofee

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +71/-62
    • cyofee
*KNOWN ISSUE* TC_Dusbtowl F6 turret crash
« on: September 26, 2012, 09:00:36 PM »
r14831 -TC_Dusbtowl turret crash

Map: TC_Dusbtowl
Asset: Turrets at F6, possibly Hephaestus and Epona P
Issue:

Getting killed by the F6 turrets crashes my client. It happened twice, in two different games, once on the regular Funbocks and once on the new modded one. The first time I was driving a Hep, the second the Epona P.

Repro Steps:
1. Get killed by the turrets at F6 on TC_Dustbowl.
2. Crash

Repro: 2/2

Severity: 2? 3? Depends on if this is specific to that particular outpost, map, or if it's the same for all turrets.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 08:56:41 AM by (TLL)KitLightning »

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-2
  • ~SJ~
Re: TC_Dusbtowl F6 turret crash
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 09:43:17 PM »
I can't conceive of how this would be a map issue. Strange behavior for a turret to exhibit. Also haha noob. Jk
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket

Offline Recoil

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +4/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 05:11:02 AM »
I also get this but it is only when at close range to the turret, shoot tree's at close range produces the same thing but I only began to notice since upgrading to Windows 8 Pro and it is recreate able.
Not limited to particular map.
Shooting tress up close in TC_Marshes map is where i first noticed it was the cause for crashing me back to desktop.
Shooting Turrets up close in TC_Kagoshima map and others, I have seen other players chat of this bug "Dont shoot turrets up close!" also but could find no forum listing.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 05:27:39 AM »
Pulse Lasers are known to make the game crash if you destroy tree's/kill turrets/BA. Were you using Pulse Lasers?
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" Šokaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 06:45:49 AM »
Pulse Lasers are known to make the game crash if you destroy tree's/kill turrets/BA. Were you using Pulse Lasers?
odd i use pulse lasers on trees all the time.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline cyofee

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +71/-62
    • cyofee
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 11:05:46 AM »
Yup.