Author Topic: Failed to check for updates  (Read 7522 times)

Offline tyberian

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
Failed to check for updates
« on: October 18, 2012, 05:56:11 AM »
, error; unable to retrieve the update list.. please check your internet connection.

I have installed and updated a clean copy of crysis wars, installed 6.0 and installed manually 6.1. on both instances before installing 6.1 and after, the update manager fails to connect and download what i need.

Are both game files only suppose to be a total of 20Mb? that seems stupidily small for the size of game i have been looking at..

What have i done wrong?

I have attached my dxdiag info.

Offline [CG]Anastasius Focht

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-9079
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
Re: Failed to check for updates
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 06:00:32 AM »
Im getting the same error, i think its related to the recent downtime.

As i understand it The manual install of the packages is simply to extract the content directly over the existing files in the MWLL folder, and overwrite all changed files.

since the frontpage doesnt yet have the 0.6.1 patch up as far as i can see, try these

http://filip.adjic.net/MWLL-OpenBeta-Full-0.6.0.zip

http://filip.adjic.net/MWLL-OpenBeta-Patch-0.6.1.zip

The second one 0.6.1 is a few updated DLL files, let these overwrite the ones that come in the first zip file
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 06:06:47 AM by [CG]Anastasius Focht »
You have to understand the code of duty and honor that rules those who pilot these engines of destruction. Placing such an awesome weapon in the hands of an individual implies a similar gesture of trust

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anastasius_Focht

Offline tyberian

• Bondsman
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 06:16:09 AM »
Holy mother of pearl... thats a big file, thats what i was expecting. thank you alot! I hope this here works. Guess i will have to uninstall and reinstall it all over again.

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 07:51:31 AM »
I would try unzipping the first one and copy it (overwritting old files) to your MWLL folder, then do the same for the second.

If that fails then by all means try a vanilla install from scratch

(And once again, i'd like to thank Cyofee for hosting these files while the site was down.)
You have to understand the code of duty and honor that rules those who pilot these engines of destruction. Placing such an awesome weapon in the hands of an individual implies a similar gesture of trust

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 10:01:08 AM »
  • Go to your Crysis Wars root folder (Ex., ..\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis Wars, where the Bin32 and Game folders are);
  • Create a folder there called Mods if you don't have it, and inside another called mwll;
  • Extract the contents of the 0.6.0 version to the mwll folder;
  • Do the same for the 0.6.1, overwritting any files it asks;
  • Launch the game through the MWLL.Launcher.exe executable.

This should help you for a manual install of the game. I think I didn't overlooked anything important.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 10:56:03 AM »
Thanks Bruno +1

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 11:04:15 AM »
How about the Redistributables?

Is Actionmaps required, or just for setting up custom controls?

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 11:19:11 AM »
The redists are handled by the launcher and they are downloaded from other sources, not from any MWLL domain. So that should work. Action Maps shouldn't be a problem too, they are created either by the Action Mapper or on first launch, afaik.

Offline tyberian

• Bondsman
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 05:25:04 AM »
AHAA! its working. this is badass. thanks so much for the help. now i just need ta get better....

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 05:43:44 AM »
AHAA! its working. this is badass. thanks so much for the help. now i just need ta get better....

Thats great news, well done.

Any questions just ask, you'll find the community here is very helpful

Offline Mattk50

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-0
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 06:35:05 PM »
Just fyi, this is still an issue. Would be nice for the autoupdator to be fixed soon because it really impedes people downloading and updating the game. not great for player counts.

Offline Aidan

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-6
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 07:37:45 PM »
What is the current version of MWLL ?

Intel Core i7 @ 3.50GHz, AMD/ATI HD6990 LCS, Catalyst Control Center V12.8, 6GB Tri-Channel Dram, 640GB HD, 128GB SSD, DirectX 11,  Windows 7 Pro (64 bit), Corsair 1200 Watt Power Supply, Liquid Cooled GPU and CPU.

Offline TOMTOM

• The subarashi magical
  • Senior Developer
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +43/-0
  • Lost in 3d Space/time
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 07:48:28 PM »
6.1  :)
I hate you BA so stop moving and let me SHOOT YOU!!!!

Offline «Çߧ»Trooper_Thorn

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +6/-0
  • Galaxy Commander of Iota Galaxy, Clan Blood Spirit
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012, 12:04:57 PM »
Both Nekhron and myself are having the same problem with the exception that apparently EA has updated its downloader and it does not recognize Crysis wars and will not update the Crysis wars installation it also causes system crashes. We no longer have the game installed and cannot get the install to work mine is due to the EA downloader update and Nekkies had a corrupted install of Windows, until we can get this figured out we can no longer play MWLL which as of now is still our favorite MW game.  :'( :'(

Also what the hell? You also have lost all my posting info and Karma? I had over 600 posts and now I am a bondsman again? Even my old siggie was up and I had to reload my new one this problem with the site and game stinks gang.

The site no longer recognises my custom CBS before my name when I go to log in I cannot even use the ALT: 174,128,225,0167,175 even when trying to post on the site it causes me to be logged off or it crashes the site. :(

This is the info that was on one of my post before the trouble with the site.

Lance Captain

[applaud]
Galaxy Commander, Iota Galaxy, Clan Blood Spirit

« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 12:44:26 PM by «Çߧ»Trooper_Thorn »

Νέμεσις
"Let our enemies learn the true meaning of Nemesis!"

Offline cyofee

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +71/-62
    • cyofee
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 12:50:29 PM »
Both Nekhron and myself are having the same problem with the exception that apparently EA has updated its downloader and it does not recognize Crysis wars and will not update the Crysis wars installation it also causes system crashes. We no longer have the game installed and cannot get the install to work mine is due to the EA downloader update and Nekkies had a corrupted install of Windows, until we can get this figured out we can no longer play MWLL which as of now is still our favorite MW game.  :'( :'(
With regards to Crysis Wars, download the 'trial' from anywhere as it's identical to the retail game, with the exception of not having a valid cd-key. You'll just need to enter the cd-key from your EA-bought game. You'll need to patch it to 1.5 (I think) manually and then you can install MWLL from http://filip.adjic.net/mwll.html as the main download links aren't working.

You should probably open a new thread about your forum account issue.