Author Topic: MechWarrior: Living Legends - Something's Wrong (Trailer)  (Read 4427 times)

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
Re: MechWarrior: Living Legends - Something's Wrong (Trailer)
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 07:12:23 AM »
Link works fine for me, anyone else having issues?

Also music is entirely subjective. Some people love the music choice, others dont. Because everyone likes different music, the solution is obviously to make more trailers with music you yourself like. Its half of why i made this one.
nope no issues here check you have flash player installed and if you have a addon called Flash blocker press the play button ontop of the window or disable the addon.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +158/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 10:53:54 AM »
Link works fine for me, anyone else having issues?

Also music is entirely subjective. Some people love the music choice, others dont. Because everyone likes different music, the solution is obviously to make more trailers with music you yourself like. Its half of why i made this one.

Everyone's taste in music is different yes. But this is not about that. What you did here is slap a random track of music you like onto an MWLL video, with no reasoning whatsoever. Or at least it feels that way.

While music is subjective, I am sure you realize that there is a general consensus of what type of music fits better to a certain video (for the majority of the population at least). Would you, as a creator, accompany a battle scene in Star Wars with Justin Bieber's 'Baby' for instance? I hope not. Or do you really associate a raging battle between huge mechanisms of war with... Trip Hop.

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 11:27:39 AM »
I still think that Ravir's video is the best of all made so far for MWLL. The music was well chosen and coordinated perfectly with the hit sounds in the game ::)

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline Mattk50

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-0
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 01:24:39 PM »
Or do you really associate a raging battle between huge mechanisms of war with... Trip Hop.

Yes, i do. Thats the point. A lot of other people do too.  :P

I prefer this kind of music while blowing faces off mechs, too.

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +158/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 01:31:01 PM »
Yes, i do. Thats the point. A lot of other people do too.  :P

I seriously doubt it's that many ;).

Offline NoZart

• Alphatester
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +53/-0
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 02:37:55 PM »
I still think that Ravir's video is the best of all made so far for MWLL. The music was well chosen and coordinated perfectly with the hit sounds in the game ::)

while i find the music and the content cut to it appropriately, from my end i did not like it as much because i can't stand metal.
This is not a statement on the trailer as a whole, i find it to be very good work.

So the taste argument will always be there, and i would say better have one more trailer with "random" music, than not at all.

The editors job is to make the song work together with the video, thats where Matt needs to improve a bit. If the editor does his job right, even a BA trailer featuring the my little pony song would work ;-)
The Boss everyone's like

Watch my Trailer for MWLL:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Mein Leben ist ein Pwnyhof

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 08:31:26 PM »
For my part, I like the song; I enjoy trip-hop; and I also like listening to it while blowing stuff up.

I also enjoy this video, even if I agree with NoZart that the cuts away from killed 'mechs are a bit too quick. Otherwise, great job Matt. :)

Offline Mattk50

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-0
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 10:39:19 PM »
Yeah i get what you guys meant about the cuts from the kills. In my first version i had a really bad clip in there, i ended up replacing it with those kills and i guess i didnt notice that lack of flow after cutting it together.

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 01:33:02 AM »
while i find the music and the content cut to it appropriately, from my end i did not like it as much because i can't stand metal.
This is not a statement on the trailer as a whole, i find it to be very good work.

So the taste argument will always be there, and i would say better have one more trailer with "random" music, than not at all.

The editors job is to make the song work together with the video, thats where Matt needs to improve a bit. If the editor does his job right, even a BA trailer featuring the my little pony song would work ;-)

True the taste in music is as varied as we are in numbers, and none can ever please the entire hoard, ever. The only thing I'd look for in a video for a game is that the music accompanies the content as best possible. It really doesn't matter which genre is used imho, it could easily be Kremer, Glass or Merzbow* that was used instead, though we cannot use such for official videos only for fan made creations.

*Disclaimer: Extreme noise, only for core fans.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 03:25:40 AM »
My favorite music ever in a trailer is this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXRC3KJhKVg

Offline Ressk [CSF]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +72/-2
  • Khan of [CSF]
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2012, 04:26:41 AM »

holy carp how old is that and can i have that RAC5 sound effect plox!
Recruitment Page For CSF

click the pic /\
ULLER4LYFE! the internet hates CSF

Offline tedarin

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +9/-0
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2012, 04:40:54 AM »

That crossair/elevation/direction hud in 1:07 looks great (crysis own?)
MWLL always felt like a game from another era. From the golden age of PC games

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2012, 11:14:45 AM »
Next you should use 'Glory Box' by Portishead, that should really piss 'em off.  Good stuff, 'specially for the first time.   :)

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline TOMTOM

• The subarashi magical
  • Senior Developer
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +43/-0
  • Lost in 3d Space/time
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2012, 02:08:53 PM »
hm my personal fav is this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=TqtgVlj4Jl4
and i dont like tanks that much!

Also i did not see u video guys, putting in ba kills and they are so squishy, especially when u kill it with a lbx20!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 03:01:36 PM by TOMTOM »
I hate you BA so stop moving and let me SHOOT YOU!!!!