Author Topic: The Corsair.  (Read 6675 times)

Offline Ch3m1kal

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +59/-2
Re: The Corsair.
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 10:11:19 PM »
Well for what it's worth i have the same issue with corsairs.

I'll fly (and land) Sullas, Visigoths and Shivas with better than 90% success rate, but 9 times out of 10 i will explode when trying to land in a corsair. In fact i almost never use them, i might sometimes grab one of the laser ones since i at least don't have to go reload, but otherwise i'll stick to Sullas.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 12:22:45 AM by Ch3m1kal »
Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 11:45:29 PM »
well i'm a clanner so i  only use sullas and visagoths.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline Ressk [CSF]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +72/-2
  • Khan of [CSF]
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 12:06:49 AM »
I still have yet to have serious issues landing the corsair. Shes a beast in the air, but very fragile.

this is also possibly because i find it hard to get back to base in 1 piece :P
Recruitment Page For CSF

click the pic /\
ULLER4LYFE! the internet hates CSF

Offline -AAA-

• Alphatester
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +58/-1
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 09:16:06 PM »
You have to stay low and slow enough long enough to allow the ventral fin time to retract.  If you try to plop it down like you do other aircraft, you'll just clip the ventral fin into the ground and go boom.

Offline Zaro27

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-0
  • Nicest Motherfapper Here
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 09:29:24 PM »
Wasn't it once possible to purchase ammo without actually touching down? I seem to remember hearing about it a while ago, 0.3 or so, but it might have been a bug...
I want to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that won't screw to save it's species. I want to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all those French beaches I'll never see. I want to breathe smoke. I want to destroy something beautiful.

Offline Ch3m1kal

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +59/-2
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 12:52:25 AM »
I think that's a server variable which can be toggled.
Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2012, 01:10:02 AM »
Yes, its a server league mode variable.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" Šokaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Wolf

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +7/-0
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2012, 01:02:44 PM »
I would like too see a green indicator light saying the gear is down that would be nice.
We have them in our Cessna 172RG's

This would fix all the problems in the world.

Not all  ;) , but it fixes a lot of the problems associated with Landing. I also thinks a manual Landing Gear deploy helps, because you need to memorize it, and you do it, you know it's down.
Cleared Final! Three Green? Check!
In Flightsims I lower the landing gear during the downwind leg, unless I'll fly into a straight in approach and then I'll have it down three miles out at the latest. So I don't have to think about it.
And if I do it manually I'm not at the mercy of the gamelogic, not knowing if it will lower or not.

Bumpy runways are hell! ;)
Well not as bad as a sloped runway at 9,383 ft / 2,860 metres. (ALKUL KLNV It's an anagram of the Airport, which has said runway. )

@Ressk Best way for getting home in one piece: Never get shot at! Second best, don't get hit!  ;) ;D

Offline eRkkituo

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +48/-6
  • Clan Jade Wolf (SCM). Resident ninja developer.
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2012, 02:27:15 PM »
I would like too see a green indicator light saying the gear is down that would be nice.

Not all  ;) , but it fixes a lot of the problems associated with Landing. I also thinks a manual Landing Gear deploy helps, because you need to memorize it, and you do it, you know it's down.
In Flightsims I lower the landing gear during the downwind leg, unless I'll fly into a straight in approach and then I'll have it down three miles out at the latest. So I don't have to think about it.
And if I do it manually I'm not at the mercy of the gamelogic, not knowing if it will lower or not.

Well not as bad as a sloped runway at 9,383 ft / 2,860 metres. (ALKUL KLNV It's an anagram of the Airport, which has said runway. )

@Ressk Best way for getting home in one piece: Never get shot at! Second best, don't get hit!  ;) ;D

...you wouldn't happen to play the DCS series by any chance?

Offline Wolf

• Recruit
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 03:10:11 PM »

...you wouldn't happen to play the DCS series by any chance?

Not at the moment, but I'll have to do it soon! ;) The job calls for it! ;) So if you'll want to play, we can talk about that.
At the moment I'm playing Falcon a lot. I used to Play Lock On a lot, and a bit of Blackshark.
I didn't buy DCS:A-10C yet, at first the Copy Protection with the LAN-Mode that needed an internet connection, pissed me off, and later Falcon came along. Stable, dynamic Campaign, solid Multiplayer, decent AI and a flying a Fighter. Don't get me wrong, I love the A-10, but after four years of CAS with the A-10 flying a Figther again was great.

14 since I started flying combat flightsims, 13 of those actively playing them, one sabbatical year! ;D

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2012, 04:36:26 AM »
Wasn't it once possible to purchase ammo without actually touching down? I seem to remember hearing about it a while ago, 0.3 or so, but it might have been a bug...
I do notice that somtimes while trying to land the buy icon comes up never tried to buy while flying though.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline Wolf

• Recruit
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2012, 07:38:22 PM »
I do notice that somtimes while trying to land the buy icon comes up never tried to buy while flying though.

Isn't the buy menu locking up the controls? I'm really curious about that, since 10m over the runway, would be a really bad time to loose control.

On another note, do the Battletech Aerospace fighters have Airbrakes? They are pretty good for slowing down before a landing, the use in a dogfight is rater limited, but who knows?
Could be something worth adding?

Offline [IPA] Avatar

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-4
  • Kiss me, I'm shitfaced!
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2012, 08:05:26 PM »

Isn't the buy menu locking up the controls? I'm really curious about that, since 10m over the runway, would be a really bad time to loose control.

Autobuy is your bestest friend.

Offline Wolf

• Recruit
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2012, 08:13:58 PM »

Autobuy is your bestest friend.

And the Buying menu your worst enemy? ;) ;D

Offline Tufted Titmouse

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-1
  • But mom said it was MY turn to post!
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2012, 07:12:12 PM »
You can still repair mid-air though. It's pretty useful in a Shiva or a Sparrowhawk, where you're 99% sure that no matter how you land you'll land safely.
SPARKLE

PARTY