Author Topic: Clan light mechs  (Read 12618 times)

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
Clan light mechs
« on: October 31, 2012, 12:22:47 AM »
now I do feel that gameplay should be balanced by why do clan lights seem to have paper thin armor?
 it's reallly getting annoy since i don't use anything but clan tech and i'm constatnly outmatched by an osiris or owens when in reality i should at least be able to go one on one with another light ,but i can because my paper thin armor makes me no more than food to the wolf pack.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +39/-0
Re: Clan light mechs
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 01:20:53 AM »
This is not a bug.

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 01:29:05 AM »
According to the mwll wiki, the non laser boat uller has 6% less armor than an owens.  That's not that big of a difference.  The MBL boat Uller has the same armor as an owens. 

http://wiki.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?title=Owens
wiki.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?title=Uller

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 02:44:02 AM »
reallY? from what someone told me is they have the worst armor?

odd how accurate is the wiki according to what i just saw the uller has a little less in most variants except the 4 mpls and mg one which ahs about the same as an owens.... hmm  benben10 must have his facts mixed up.

And the forum says Bugs,techincal issues, Problems
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 02:50:08 AM by Alex Kerensky »

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.

Offline Cindercat

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-1
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 04:41:28 AM »
I'm not sure if those armor ratings are correct or not but it's certainly a lot easier to hit any specific torso area of the uller than it is on the owens.

Edit: Also the osiris has far worse armor than any other light mech.

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 05:12:25 AM »
The armor values will constantly be reconfigured as it has been in previous Beta version.

Some 'Mechs have a greater surface area to hit than others simply due to how they are constructed but that does not automatically justify more armor being allocated.

And the forum says Bugs,techincal issues, Problems

This board is specifically for issues concerning BUGs in the build, Technical issues with the build or OS directly related to running MWLL or if a client have issues installing MWLL in general. This board is not meant to post ideas and suggestions in.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline [IPA] Avatar

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-4
  • Kiss me, I'm shitfaced!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 10:56:58 AM »
it's reallly getting annoy since i don't use anything but clan tech and i'm constatnly outmatched by an osiris or owens

This happens because, let's just say, you are in the learning phase. The more you play, the more you'll know about how to play with and against certain assets. Just keep playing and STICK CLOSE TO YOU TEAMMATES.

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +193/-5
  • Knight of the Inner Sphere
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 06:41:06 PM »
The clan lights in this game are traditionally slow thinly armored weapon boats, the cougar and puma perform fine, so I'm guessing you're referring to the starting Ullers.

We've done some work on the Uller to make it more competitive next patch as well as made a couple more starting Hephs.
You might even see a starting cougar...  :o
We will see. 
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline Tufted Titmouse

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-1
  • But mom said it was MY turn to post!
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 07:27:26 PM »
There's a reason the Clan Lights have their nicknames.
Y'know? The Puma.. what is it, Variant C? Being called the C.R.A.P. (Close Range Assault Puma), the Uller's CT being likened to a giant dildo (just like the Osiris and the Stalker).
SPARKLE

PARTY

Offline Chezzar

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +25/-0
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 12:04:37 AM »
We've done some work on the Uller to make it more competitive next patch as well as made a couple more starting Hephs.
You might even see a starting cougar...  :o
We will see.

Thats good news. Now that we have the new clan meds, onliy the starting game on clan side is somewhat lacking. But as you say, help is on the way.

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +39/-0
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 03:28:10 AM »
I dunno, I think the Clan lights are really good. Sure Owens are quite tough for their class, fast, have good electronics, and carry good firepower, but... With all that said, two vets in an Owens/Kit Fox match should be pretty even. A lot of the lights between the Kit Fox C on up until you're able to start buying ShadowCats aren't really my style, being medium-long range, but that *is* a lot of other people's style.

And no, the MRM Raven is not good against other lights. Unless those lights are piloted by complete noobs.

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 07:24:12 AM »
Yeah really you just need to use Clan lights with caution and care.  Aside from the Uller C and the Puma D most of them should be used in a support role.  Use their range advantages to keep from getting hit and you should do fine. The Ullers are kinda garbage but can be very good if working with your team.  IS lights can run a little more independently.  It becomes a role reversal later in the match when Clan big boys can do that more and the IS heavies need to stick together.

I dunno, I think the Clan lights are really good. Sure Owens are quite tough for their class, fast, have good electronics, and carry good firepower, but... With all that said, two vets in an Owens/Kit Fox match should be pretty even. A lot of the lights between the Kit Fox C on up until you're able to start buying ShadowCats aren't really my style, being medium-long range, but that *is* a lot of other people's style.

And no, the MRM Raven is not good against other lights. Unless those lights are piloted by complete noobs.

Uller C vs Owens B(or possibly the C) is just about spot on when it comes to balance.  We had a puretech TC match(not a pub match) where all five of the guys in our unit ran up to the northern base on Death Valley only to run into a Star of Uller Cs.  It ended with both teams essential dead.  I think they had one guy that was a small laser away from death.  I love when Uller C's try to leg my Owens though because I can core them faster than they can leg.  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 07:30:20 AM by AlfalphaCat »

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 07:34:13 AM »
I try to push for the Cougar D i think  the one with Hmls and dual srms and walk up to someoen and pound them in the face with an alpha strike followed by dual srms then heavy lasers and repeat the pattern as weapons power up.. somtimes i win i think i took out a damaged rifleman once on thunder rift i came straight up to him and blasted his ct off.

Offline Chezzar

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +25/-0
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 12:33:50 PM »
I try to push for the Cougar D i think  the one with Hmls and dual srms and walk up to someoen and pound them in the face with an alpha strike followed by dual srms then heavy lasers and repeat the pattern as weapons power up.. somtimes i win i think i took out a damaged rifleman once on thunder rift i came straight up to him and blasted his ct off.

The D is a vey hard hitter, you trade range for damage with it. Good trade by the way.

Offline Vlaad

• Lead Developer
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-1
  • 80 percent human
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 02:49:28 PM »
As per community request, new light mech will be on very soon and as requested, it will play differently than other clan lights.  8)
pew-pew