Author Topic: MWLL Playground: Friday & Saturday Nov 9th & 10th / 7:00 p.m. UTC+0 (UK Time)  (Read 5159 times)

Offline Cherno

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-23
Funbocks is at 13 players atm, 2 hours before the event starts. If we fill the server, please be prepared to jump over the Funbocks beta or whatever so we can get two servers going. It's not in the spirit of this event campaign to bar player sfrom playing by filling up the only server that's being played on ;)

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
By the way, does anyone know where I can appeal a ban from outreach? I know this isn't the right place to ask, but after looking around a bit, I'm pretty lost. I don't even know why the heck I was banned.

You could possibly try PMing one of the NGNG guys over on the MWO boards.
Sean Lang
Cattra Kell

Offline [IPA] Avatar

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-4
  • Kiss me, I'm shitfaced!
Played through three matches, it was massive fun ;D. Thanks for organizing these events Cherno.

Offline [IPA] Taltos

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +12/-1
sorry that I missed it. planned to join, but then assembling ikea stuff took waaay too long.  :(

Offline Cherno

• MechWarrior
Had quite some cool games. For some reason, no matter how manycap points we had, we always lost due to bleeding too many tickets :D

The experience was a little marred by Deathlock acting like a dick and insulting people as "faggots" or "fags" which I think is really unneccessary in a game.

If the Funblocks admins could contact me to discuss this issue, that would be swell (and maybe we could also do something about TSA_Sandblasted being in the loop :D)

See you guys next time!

Offline okaolias

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +13/-2
Great games, and lots of new players. I was a bit frustrated from crashing again and again in the beginning, but had a lot of fun afterwards. Really looking forward to next patch and the optimisations :D

Thus far this endeavour has been great at giving the playing pop a boost (constructing additional pylons and all that). Maybe we could start paying more attention to splitting the servers if it keeps going this well. Maybe try to populate a US one as well, or alleviate the crashes that start happening when the servers get close to full. I was pleasantly surprised when Cherno and Ivaan joined Beta.

Offline Cherno

• MechWarrior
I agree, We managed to populate one and a half servers, but for quite some time we only had one fully staffed, which may have turned an unknown number of potential joiners away. I will try to switch servers with some other earlier next time before the server gets full. I woult like to take this opportunity to thanks everyone who helped populating the server and ask those people to keep doing it in the future, even if it means having to wait minute or fice before playing is resumed (in the case of a server switch).

As for a similar project for U.S., AUS and other timezone players, they are of course welcome to do it, I am sure it will work just as well. All it takes is one to start it and set certain time and advertise it, the rest will follow on it's own. To get your asses up U.S. players and gather your fellow Mechwarriors, the servers are up for the taking ;)

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
I am already foreseeing those "invalid CDKey" issues popping up when they get out of funblocks. :P
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" Šokaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline [IPA] Avatar

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-4
  • Kiss me, I'm shitfaced!
I actually thought that we European players might try to populate a 'murican server on a Saturday to favor our fellow American/Aussie/Kiwi Mech/Hover/BA/WhateverWarriors once.

I play from Central Europe and as far as I remember, I got decent ping when joining Bulldog or one of the American TLL servers. Altough I'll test that again.

Offline Marlin

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +16/-15
Yeah, it was fun yesterday. Only thing I dont like is dropping out when my Modem decides there are too many players.

Obviously I am not the only one, but I am still wondering why that happens. I have a 16k DSL line.

And the odd thing was, I led the list on Ivory tower when we had a good number of more experienced players with us...
Watch "Save the Supers" you will get some laughs in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYvc6E-Wjbo

Should I ever be listed at the top of my team, then we have a serious problem.

Offline ELH_MrGray

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-9
And the odd thing was, I led the list on Ivory tower when we had a good number of more experienced players with us...

Epona Prime

"Do you know what the sound of 2 UAC/20s is?"
"What's it sound like?"
"RAPERAPERAPERAPE."

Offline Marlin

• Recruit
No?

Dunno what to make of this. But I just drove Epos, a prime and A was not one of them.

Offline Chezzar

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-0
It was a greath time yesterday ;D.
I am already foreseeing those "invalid CDKey" issues popping up when they get out of funblocks. :P
I had this recently, CryHammer helped:
http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,17421.msg302846.html#msg302846

Epona Prime

I had a Epona E on Mirage. Must take this ride more often...

Offline Marlin

• Recruit
Yeah, the E is surprisingly good. I dont really know what I shall do in IS pureTech. :(

I wanna ride Epo and nothing else. :( Until there are too many players and my connection crashes.  :-\