Author Topic: MWLL Media Release 0.7. :Masakari  (Read 16142 times)

Offline Vlaad

• Lead Developer
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-1
  • 80 percent human
MWLL Media Release 0.7. :Masakari
« on: December 03, 2012, 06:55:17 PM »
At 85 tons Warhawk is the lightest clan assault mech in MWLL mostly geared towards support variants but as most clan mechs, it is well capable of defending itself and by no means vunerable when caugt out alone or off guard. It dedicates, for its weight, more than most clan mechs to its armor as opposed to firepower so this chassis is rather durable, capable of taking extreme punishment and yet remain functional.
One more characteristic for this chassis is its good heat efficiency. Most iterations of this mech do not go over the top with firepower and are geared to durability on battlefield providing steady firepower, again, good for support rather than short term explosion in firepower like most clan assault mechs.

+15/-15 degrees are granted to its agility from relatively good arm mobility via use of free reticule. Iherited from this, this chassis can focus on smaller targets relatively closely to itself with its arms so it is surpisingly well suited in delivering close range punch if nececary.

Adding to its effectiveness is its well rounded layout although most, but not all, firepower comes from its arms. It is capable of mounting:

LA/RA: 5 Slots (1 assault type OR 2 larges OR 1 large, 2 medium)
LT/RT: 3 slots total (1 omni 6 launcher OR 2 smalls)
CT: N/A
EXTERNAL: Omni mount (any existing mwll pod).
EXTERNAL eq. : 1 external slot.

340 XL engine propels this chassis to 64 kph, enough to keep up with other assaults and to support heavy class while keeping in the range targets engaged.

However, Warhawk does have a few drawbacks. It is unable to mount JJ/IJJ and it has 90 degrees torso twist coupled with relatively poor turn rate. While cockpit of this mech is very hard to focus for a hit, it does have reduced visibility. While one will be able to shoot with no obstructions, it still is hard to gain real visual assesment of the battlefield.

As most top-tier, high-threat mechs, warhawk is rather expensive but it is priced below most Blood Asp variants. While lacking mobility, agility or monstrous firepower, compared to its competiton in clan assault stable it offers survivable, tough and well rounded chassis very deadly in support role. In effect, it is much more dangerous to have warhawk supporting a charge then a blood asp despite the fact that it is more situational.

Playtest screenshots show gameplay on TC Atlay and 3 masakari variants.

Warhawk Prime:

LA: 2 CERPPC
RA: 2 CERPPC
EXTERNAL: CLRM10
LT,RT,CT: N/A
14 dhs
Eoptics

Prime variant is well suited to long ranged combat or support role. 4 CERPPC can provide owerhwelming firepower but the pilot must rely on chainfire to get the most out of this asset. Sole clan LRM10 can reach up to 1000m and thus is a good support for primary armament of this asset without creating much heat issues. High heat weapons make alphastrike a move performed either when pilot is desperate or certain to make a kill. Masakari prime, however, does make it much harder to provide a good punch up close or keep up with the damage levels it can deal out from afar thus making this monster rather succeptable to harassment (safety of the unit harassing is entirely different matter). 14 DHS struggle to keep the design cool  but povide good efficiency while unit is not forced to enter close combat and generate more heat from maneuvers.

Warhawk B:

LA: 1 CREPPC, 2 CERMBL
RA: 1 CREPPC, 2 CERMBL
LT:CLRM5
RT:CLRM5
EXT:CLRM15
12dhs
Eoptics

Set to deal out similar damage as the Prime while in a different way, B variant of the Warhawk shines in combat from 1000m to 700m. 2 CERPPC provide a solid punch, while CLRM 15 backed up by 2 LRM5 launchers amass damage if left alone for too long. Array of 4 CERMBL provide precision work in heating fast moving targets as  well as exploiting weakness in armor opened up by its primary and tertiary weapons. 12 DHS will keep the design relatively safe from overheating but firing discipline is a must in order not to encounter overheat issues. As a Prime, this is a long range mech but it is somewhat better suited for dealing with fast moving, smaller targets. However, in order to deal damage at range, pilot must remain active and have time on target in order to utilize most of its missile armament and without support of LAMS or GECM it will be prone to LRM/arrow barrages.

Warhawk A:
LA: 3CERMBL
RA: 3CERMBL
LT: SSRM6
RT: cNARC
EXT: CGAUSS
EQ: LAMS
8dhs, 2 free tons

This variant best works on medium range. Although it can reach up to 900m with sole gauss rifle it is relying on 6 CERMBL to deliver most of the damage, Warhawk A is at risk of being otmanuevered. If the opponent closes in, lone cssrm6 will provide a reliable back up weapon to throw opponents off aim while the pilot can focus on precision work with lasers. 8 dhs  are plenty to keep the design easy managable even when pressured. While its hight percision armament will make it a huge threat on anything short of heavy it does require more time on well armored targets where precison is less important than sheer firepower. To offset that, this Warhawk is set apart from others with a cNARC missile launcher. Ability to place a NARC beacon on heavily armored targets while eviscerating fast moving units with its precision weaponry make it a challenge for any kind of opponent. Even with all this, one must keep in mind that warhawk is not best suited for close combat and since majority of its weapons require closer engagement ranges than B or Prime make A variant a high risk mech.

Enjoy and discuss  :)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:53:26 PM by Vlaad »
pew-pew

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-2
  • ~SJ~
Re: MWLL Media Release 0.7. :Masakari
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 07:00:07 PM »
Yes!
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket

Offline TOMTOM

• The subarashi magical
  • Senior Developer
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +43/-0
  • Lost in 3d Space/time
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 07:03:03 PM »
And some more pics :o

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:54:47 PM by TOMTOM »
I hate you BA so stop moving and let me SHOOT YOU!!!!

Offline [IPA] Avatar

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +28/-4
  • Kiss me, I'm shitfaced!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 07:14:31 PM »
Holy f***ing shitballs!

Oh wait... Pics or it didn't happen!

Offline Ressk [CSF]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +68/-2
  • Khan of [CSF]
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 07:17:46 PM »
pics do appear to be broken for me.

sounds like a riot though!

FREE RETICLE BITCHES!
Recruitment Page For CSF

click the pic /\
ULLER4LYFE! the internet hates CSF

Offline b0bgeld0f

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-2
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 07:22:51 PM »
beast..! most likely will still forget the camo... still, looks pretty badass to me :)

Offline =KoS= Saber15

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +180/-2
  • RIP AND TEAR
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 07:29:01 PM »
Pictures are broken for me as well.

Upload 'em to imgur.

"Concentrate on the moment, each moment is its own reality. It has a particular thisness. You can't predict, but you can explain. Or try. If you are observant, and lucky, you can say, this is why this is happening! It's very interesting!"

Offline DFDelta

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +145/-1
  • Wiki Staff
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 07:35:45 PM »
Variants look neat.
A looks like something I could see myself piloting when stuck on clan side, depending on how bad the chassis is in close range combat.
Join the MWLL wiki today, your contributions will make the wiki a better place.

In Lyran Commonwealth, Atlas scouts you.

Offline cyofee

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +68/-50
    • cyofee
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 07:43:01 PM »
Thanks for the update, looking forward to playing the Masakari.

I can't see the images. You should properly upload them to the server (not as attachments), or to a free host like imgur, hell, I'll host them on my server if you want.
man + x = bt
bt - x = man
But what is x? You need to discover it for yourself.

Offline KH Zalaran

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-1
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 07:46:56 PM »
sooo whats going to happen to the novacat now that theres another cppc boat on the market... im slightly concerned for the almost now useless energy boat

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 07:48:03 PM »
You guys are awesome! Thanks for this great sneak peak Vlaad, can't wait for the pics.

So what's confirmed for this patch so far? I know we get:

-Masakari
-new HUD
-Free reticle
-Heat changes
-Mgun changes
-Buckets of awesomeness

Offline Incubus 24-7

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +4/-0
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 07:50:16 PM »
Thanks for thr sneak peek of this.
Can't wait to test it in the field.

You don't happen to feel in a position to hint at a release date for 0.7 more precise than "soontm", "when it's donetm" or "coming to you this centurytm"?
Home of the iMech - just apps no guns

Offline Ch3m1kal

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +59/-2
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 07:56:58 PM »
Those loadouts look pretty cheesy, but i do have a soft spot for the ol' dumptruck.

The new map looks pretty great too, i would like to know more.

Only thing i'm not crazy about is since you guys came up with that grey gun tube thing with the red stripe on the end, you put it on all the new mechs and it makes visual loadout ID much harder.
Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Offline TOMTOM

• The subarashi magical
  • Senior Developer
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +43/-0
  • Lost in 3d Space/time
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 07:58:01 PM »
pics work now
I hate you BA so stop moving and let me SHOOT YOU!!!!

Offline Ressk [CSF]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +68/-2
  • Khan of [CSF]
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 08:01:54 PM »
WICKED
Recruitment Page For CSF

click the pic /\
ULLER4LYFE! the internet hates CSF