Author Topic: MWLL USA Playground  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
MWLL USA Playground
« on: December 09, 2012, 09:12:57 PM »
I found a great server with a nice long game and good pings for usa people

Maverick #2 is mixed tech and has a long time limit

i'll be playing there alot if anyone wishes to join me pop on the server and i may show up if someone else is there otherwise i'll just be hovering over the server list every now and then.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 06:01:36 PM by Alexis Kerensky »
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline Cherno

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-23
Re: MwLL USA Playground
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 01:40:50 AM »
What times and days are you gonna be playing? :)

Offline SJ SaKhan Wolf

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +125/-33
  • Cheese!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 02:17:17 AM »
Might I suggest something....

Instead of just going in and playing TC/TSA, Why not do tournaments? 1v1, 2v2, 3v3?

Be creative. I think the turnouts will be much better.
My milk shakes!

Offline Cherno

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-23
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 02:22:43 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, I do not like to play any other game mode but TC, although I generally stay once a TSA map comes, at least if I pledged to play at that time.

But yeah sure, why not test things out, who knows? Maybe there is a silent majority who likes to play mini-tournaments :)

Offline SJ SaKhan Wolf

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +125/-33
  • Cheese!
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 02:54:34 AM »
All of the tournaments that have been run have had great participation. Granted they were held when the player pops were still high, but I don't see any reason why a well played tournament or creative play idea wouldn't bring a high participation rate.
My milk shakes!

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 05:19:05 PM »
I think what could possibly work is setup a tourney a few weeks to a month after the next patch.  This would give players time to play around with the new changes and for the devs to hotfix any major bugs that might have creeped through.

It would help extend the swell of players we normally get after a patch launch.

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 06:01:15 PM »
It's not my server but it plays TC only no palasides and the game is longer than funbocks.

I usually play  whenever i get up on weekends on weekdays other than friday  I'll be on  after 7pm  on monday and tuesday, wednesday i'll be on after 3 pm and thursday 4pm other than that i don't have classes so i'll pop on whenever i feel like it and if i get angry i'll likly play Stacraft2 or something like that.

I'm just tired of the  eurpoean an other servers with a high ping and thought this server would work better for us in America.... Not excluding peopel from the other countries of course  they are welcome just their pings might be a little higher than normal.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.

Offline Cindercat

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-1
Re: MWLL USA Playground
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 08:55:29 PM »
I don't know why but the last several times I played on that server the lag was worse than funbocks by far.  My ping was about 50 nominally but it would frequently spike up to ~350.  If the server was full, or close to it, my ping would almost always be 350+.  Also it would occasionally spike to 700+ and even disconnect for a couple seconds.

It's possible that my internet connection just happened to be messed up those couple days, but I doubt it.  I did not play on any other servers at that time so I can't say for sure if it was the server, me, or both.

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
Re: MWLL USA Playground
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 11:23:38 PM »
don't know i tend to have lag spikes everywhere so i think it's my internet since other people use it.