Author Topic: Recreating Mechwarrior 4  (Read 3136 times)

Offline LBTaylor1984

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Recreating Mechwarrior 4
« on: December 21, 2012, 06:35:48 PM »
Hey guys,

i've come from a Mechwarrior 4 background and while i think the devs have made a fantastic mod, however I do miss the days of M4 as CBills ruins it for me I never got into Counter Strike for the same reason, good players end up with the big bad ass mechs while the players who aren't great get stuck with weaker mechs due to the CBills

So my plan is to recreate Mechwarrior 4, for a big ol' team deathmatch more about intense action, having fun and a general battle royal, some might see it as that already but i'm new to this game and I find I spend soo much time dead i'm bored.  I'm if you like trying to promote noobs playing, staying, and getting experience.

Now I must ask for some help. I've setup a server, managed to increase the CBills to the highest amount.  however it's in a test of strength mode, so it's a basic mode from what i've read, is there any way to use the other modes with a really high CBillls or Unlimited?

Offline SJ SaKhan Wolf

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +125/-33
  • Cheese!
Re: Recreating Mechwarrior 4
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 07:01:15 PM »
My milk shakes!

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +340/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 07:51:49 PM »
Why do you almost have my name and year of birth... are you my mother?

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 07:54:01 PM »
Why do you almost have my name and year of birth... are you my mother?
Yes.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 07:55:21 PM »
It's kinda cute the way you follow Bill around... maybe you have the hots for him?  :-* :-*

Also, should probably stop toasting this poor fellow's thread.

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +340/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 07:56:32 PM »
I wouldn't blame her, I am very handsome.

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 07:57:01 PM »
Modest too, these are true facts.

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 08:03:36 PM »
I wouldn't blame her, I am very handsome.
your stalking me if anything.

It's kinda cute the way you follow Bill around... maybe you have the hots for him?  :-* :-*

Also, should probably stop toasting this poor fellow's thread.
He who starts the toast Toasted the toast

Hey guys,

i've come from a Mechwarrior 4 background and while i think the devs have made a fantastic mod, however I do miss the days of M4 as CBills ruins it for me I never got into Counter Strike for the same reason, good players end up with the big bad ass mechs while the players who aren't great get stuck with weaker mechs due to the CBills

So my plan is to recreate Mechwarrior 4, for a big ol' team deathmatch more about intense action, having fun and a general battle royal, some might see it as that already but i'm new to this game and I find I spend soo much time dead i'm bored.  I'm if you like trying to promote noobs playing, staying, and getting experience.

Now I must ask for some help. I've setup a server, managed to increase the CBills to the highest amount.  however it's in a test of strength mode, so it's a basic mode from what i've read, is there any way to use the other modes with a really high CBillls or Unlimited?
Mech warrior living legends has a long and hard learning curve  play more and you'll get better.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.

Offline SJ SaKhan Wolf

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +125/-33
  • Cheese!
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 08:07:15 PM »
Another OT post (besides this one I am writing) and I will prune the thread. Help the OP out if you can.
My milk shakes!

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 08:13:06 PM »
good players end up with the big bad ass mechs while the players who aren't great get stuck with weaker mechs due to the CBills

Fortunately, MWLL isn't like the previous MechWarriors in which light and medium 'mechs are poor choices compared to heavies and assaults. Bigger does not equal better. ;)

Offline cyofee

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +71/-62
    • cyofee
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 08:18:20 PM »
Hey guys,

Check out the cvars-reference.txt and other stuff in Crysis Wars\Mods\mwll\Documentation .
I'd play on a "team deathmatch" server as long as it was reasonably easy to get a game going.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 08:25:41 PM by cyofee »

Offline LBTaylor1984

• Bondsman
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 08:46:02 PM »
Ok well i've set it up how i think it should play.

just look for Mechwarrior 4:Retribution. :)

Offline cyofee

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +71/-62
    • cyofee
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 08:52:00 PM »
I suggest you shorten the round time to 30-45 minutes. People will get bored of playing on the same map.

Offline LBTaylor1984

• Bondsman
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 09:08:24 PM »
thank you for your suggestion

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 09:21:57 PM »
No 35-45 is too short.