Author Topic: Map End notification  (Read 2351 times)

Offline tannham

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Map End notification
« on: December 24, 2012, 07:29:23 PM »
hello

i want to use this http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,18606.0.html
but it doesnt work very well cuz its difficult to predict when the map ends. can you guys please make some message or something on the console when the map is almost over and when its over (scoreboard displayed?) i want to make a server with map voting

thanks

Offline eRkkituo

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +48/-6
  • Clan Jade Wolf (SCM). Resident ninja developer.
Re: Map End notification
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 07:37:27 PM »
Announcing the round end on console should be simple enough, I guess I could look into that.

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +341/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 08:09:58 PM »
Go to bed eRk.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 09:29:39 PM »

In that above, if you have "Use improved end round detection..." checked it should be able to reliably know when a round ends*. It isn't working always? Post your server.log here then that I'll help you, or look if the message "GameSpy Stats : Cannot report session: init : nil login : false haveconnection : false" is appearing on it at least (its an indicator a round has ended).

*That message in quotes from the server.log appears when the round ends with verbosity at 2, and I have it set to wait 10 seconds before changing map, to give time for the score screen to stay a while. It might be just a question of shortening the time for you.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" Šokaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline C.Falcon

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-1
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 02:19:29 AM »
Hooray for server mods!! Even if it's just a map vote system, it will be worth it to the people who try to repopulate dead servers. The next step is AI mechs (or even just tanks) and this mod will attain the undying 24/7 player base.
But back on topic: this mod is so badly in need of a voting system. I would even priortize it over ping.
aaand back off topic: i would like to see pure/mixed tech voted on. Or even more specifically voting to disable aeros/vtols and even specific assets. Chevys only!!

Offline cyofee

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +71/-62
    • cyofee
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 11:15:55 AM »
Hooray for server mods!! Even if it's just a map vote system, it will be worth it to the people who try to repopulate dead servers. The next step is AI mechs (or even just tanks) and this mod will attain the undying 24/7 player base.
But back on topic: this mod is so badly in need of a voting system. I would even priortize it over ping.
aaand back off topic: i would like to see pure/mixed tech voted on. Or even more specifically voting to disable aeros/vtols and even specific assets. Chevys only!!
Agreed, I don't know why we don't see map votes on every server already.

Offline tannham

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 03:50:55 PM »
well ok, but verbosity 2 spams the log with random errors i cant archive the logfile very well with that. also it does not predict when the map will end, only when the time limit is close

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 07:37:03 PM »
Requirements:
  • Access to the server.log file and it set here (optional, but important for voting and improved end round detection, which is a must in a ticket based game).

Did you made this step? Is essential for ticket games/any others that doesn't relies on the time limit. Then it'll be able to reliably know when a round ends.

Yes verbosity at 2 will log more details about the server, but its needed for Rconnect to catch that message I said earlier, to know a round has just ended. If you're worried about the spam on your log, Rconnect creates its own logs with just important messages, like the players chat or when new rounds start, etc., or you can do yourself a filtered log with just the messages you wanna see.

Besides, your server log will be spammed anyway for each time Rconnect checks the current status of your server by issuing the command "status" via http rcon.

(...)

The first one seems possible with the cvar "sv_is_vs_clan", if I get to implement custom voting. The second one, I'm not sure how (or if its possible) to restrict items. The command "i_restrictItems" worked in Crysis Wars, but it seems like its not present in MWLL.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 07:47:24 PM by Bruno_007 »
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-1
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 01:00:22 PM »
I think there's a tournament mode that can be activated for a server, that has a bunch of different vars possible to be changed for it.

Try the Docs folder inside MWLL mods folder.
Raise your quality standards as high as you can live with, avoid wasting your time on routine problems, and always try to work as closely as possible at the boundary of your abilities. Do this, because it is the only way of discovering how that boundary should be moved forward.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:
Main point: "OH LOOK AT ME I'm A BIG STUPID MECH WITH A SILLY GUN AND I'M ALL AGILE AND GRACEFUL OH LOOK OVER THERE IT's A TR MAX...............................OH MY GOD I CAN LICK MY OWN KNEECAPS AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY SPINE IS."

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 08:20:21 PM »
There isn't one for limiting specific types of items/assets, at least.
Tools and I: