Author Topic: Idea on how to balance FF armor /ES internals without crit system.  (Read 1473 times)

Offline =CJW= Zweistein000 (W)

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +222/-72
  • Trial of position ended; Rank: Warrior
    • Urbie Defense By (TLL)CapperDeluxe
1st for all of you

ES = Endo-Steel Internals

FF= Ferro-Fibrous armor

We all know there is no FF armor and no ES in this mod, mostly due to lack of critical slot system and even with such a system, some people see this technology as a cheat for mounting more weapons, armor and equipment to light and medium mechs even though they consume space and cost a lot more then standard issue equipment, mostly because light and medium mechs mount so few weapons the extra space consumption is irrelevant. On the other hand XL engines are considered balanced because it makes mech more vulnerable (by opening their destruction trough side-torso damage).

So I have the following idea: since FF and ES are considered bulkier I recommend we apply a similar weakness to them. If you lose all armor on the component you lose armor  on an adjacent component (you left arm armor is destroyed - you now lose 25% of you armor on your left torso or 12% on LT and 13% on left external) and once that component is destroyed completely you lose 25% of internal structure on an adjacent component. That way going for costlier tech that grants free tones is risky since you will have to protect you components better.

The alternative to that is adding damage transfer as a multiplayer, but that would be less useful since your arms and externals fall off when destroyed.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 12:45:25 PM by =CJW= Zweistein000 (W) »
Vote Bill for multidimentional sex warlock 2013.

Quote from: Bin Fish link=http://cjw.dyndns.biz/forum/profile.php?10,12
Don't sniff anything Bill gives you and never find yourself alone with HAARP

Offline C.Falcon

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-1
Re: Idea on how to balance FF armor /ES internals without crit system.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 09:17:28 PM »
My head... is full of fapp.  . .
hey zwei you should break that block into paragraphs with your enter key please.

So are you saying we treat all mechs as if they have FF and ES armor and give them penalties accordingly? I know little about battletech such as which mechs use standard or heavy armor, and actually im still not even aure what critical slots are... in mechwarrior 3 i would just stuff as much armor as possible into that bushie... sure wish i had internet back then.

However i dont think arm damage affecting torso damage is a good idea or even sensical.. mech arms vary from being lanky arms to jusr shoulders....

Offline =CJW= Zweistein000 (W)

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +222/-72
  • Trial of position ended; Rank: Warrior
    • Urbie Defense By (TLL)CapperDeluxe
Re: Idea on how to balance FF armor /ES internals without crit system.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 12:42:17 PM »
Not all mechs. Just the ones that will use it. You can Still have a bushie with standard internals and armor, that is heavier, but doesn't get that penalty.
Vote Bill for multidimentional sex warlock 2013.

Quote from: Bin Fish link=http://cjw.dyndns.biz/forum/profile.php?10,12
Don't sniff anything Bill gives you and never find yourself alone with HAARP