Author Topic: MWLL OpenBeta 0.7.0 - Final Release  (Read 53361 times)

Offline [IPA] Taltos

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +12/-1
Re: MWLL OpenBeta 0.7.0 - Final Release
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 02:48:51 PM »
Seriously mixed emotions here. Such a great patch, such a great mod. I'm super sad to see it all go. :'(

Piranha, I'm seriously disappointed about you killing a mod which was in no way a threat to your franchise!  >:(

In any case, I'll enjoy playing mwll as long as it lasts!

Q: what about servers, forum, etc.? Is there any critical infrastructure that will go down in connection with this? I.e. will we be able to continue playing for the foreseeable future?

Devs, thank you for everything!

Offline MerfMerf

• Lead Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar, 331st Feral Fangs
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2013, 02:49:10 PM »
If you are going to break it and find critical bugs... do it really really quick please =)

/Merf - ?

Offline Mattk50

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-0
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2013, 02:49:31 PM »
I'd much prefer a vitriolic rant of hatred and mockery directed at piranha and their shitty pile of a mechwarrior game than this diplomatic and evasive post that might as well be describing the finer points of asswiping.

When the MWO devs are so utterly incapable of making a decent mechwarrior game that they need to take down a free fapping mod with them, what does that say about their ability. Now i cant even enjoy the new fapping patch. fapp.

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2013, 02:50:11 PM »
I'll be there until the day when it's just myself and one other diehard fanboy weirdo plugging the crap out of each other in a lonely Solaris Arena.

You have my axe.

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod

Offline Seraph

• Lead Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +124/-1
    • The Living Legends Mercenary Unit
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2013, 02:50:20 PM »
For what it's worth, as long as there are people in the MWLL servers, I will be there.  I mean it.  I'll be there until the day when it's just myself and one other diehard fanboy weirdo plugging the crap out of each other in a lonely Solaris Arena.

Mechwarrior Living Legends for life

Amen to that :)
Seraph - "The Can Man"
In the heat of battle, legends are born ...

Offline NSallaNuto

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +11/-1
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2013, 02:51:07 PM »
MWLL devs, thanks for everything.

In doing comparisons it is obvious where real passion is.

Offline Ingrater

• MWLL Lead Coder
  • Project Director
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +136/-0
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2013, 02:51:25 PM »
Q: what about servers, forum, etc.? Is there any critical infrastructure that will go down in connection with this? I.e. will we be able to continue playing for the foreseeable future?

The player facing infrastructure will stay online for a while. But everything connected to developement will go down. So no change for you, just a change for us (developers).
There comes a point where the talking must stop, and people have to do actual work.

Offline Gouty

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +137/-5
  • =CJW= Chief Whip
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2013, 02:51:36 PM »
Quote from: Forum Pixies
Warning - while you were typing 16 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
I am not reading them yet

Is it bad that I read the patch notes before the main body of text?

So, verily, I was elated, but then I proceeded to have the sad.

It would seem that for once, unfortunately, the gossip holds truth.  A shame that it had to end like this, and I cannot imagine how frustrating it must be to have partial features in a labour of love work in progress that you are not allowed to complete.

Still, it was a hell of a ride!  Granted one that I only joined half way through.  But I am extremely grateful nonetheless.  Thanks for all the hard work and effort.  Thanks for creating and involving the community, through which I have found tremendous chuckles and many a true bro. So, just, thanks.

I wish all the devs the best of luck in their future projects and lives (keep us updated you buggers)

Still, some might say it is better to go out with a bang than pitter out.  Not me though, I would never say that
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam"
If you take this seriously, you're some kind of mouth-breathing fappwit that shouldn't have survived infancy.

Offline LeopardEnthusiast

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-1
  • the worst mechwarrior you'll ever meet
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2013, 02:52:38 PM »
For what it's worth, as long as there are people in the MWLL servers, I will be there.  I mean it.  I'll be there until the day when it's just myself and one other diehard fanboy weirdo plugging the crap out of each other in a lonely Solaris Arena.

Mechwarrior Living Legends for life
Agreed.  The day I stop playing MWLL is the day that the last other player did.

Offline [IPA] Taltos

• MechWarrior
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2013, 02:52:46 PM »
question: should the 3-letter franchise of a certain piscine game company get shut down due to lack of success/money-printing ability (what's the average lifetime of a MMO* nowadays?), would this mean that the vague "legal obligations" would disappear, and work on mwll could continue?

Offline [IPA] Taltos

• MechWarrior
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 02:53:48 PM »

The player facing infrastructure will stay online for a while. But everything connected to developement will go down. So no change for you, just a change for us (developers).
thanks. :-)

Offline blasto

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +29/-0
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2013, 03:00:25 PM »
question: should the 3-letter franchise of a certain piscine game company get shut down due to lack of success/money-printing ability (what's the average lifetime of a MMO* nowadays?), would this mean that the vague "legal obligations" would disappear, and work on mwll could continue?

This is my wish beyond all wishes.

Offline =KoS= Eldragon

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +91/-2
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2013, 03:00:56 PM »
Well crap. I was looking forward to .7 for a long time. Now I'm just sad.

Offline =KoS= Saber15

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +181/-2
  • RIP AND TEAR
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2013, 03:05:38 PM »
Working with the Wandering Samurai team has been some of the most fun I've had in a long time.

And now I can publicly justify the true reason for my hatred of that other robot game.
"Concentrate on the moment, each moment is its own reality. It has a particular thisness. You can't predict, but you can explain. Or try. If you are observant, and lucky, you can say, this is why this is happening! It's very interesting!"

Offline Vlaad

• Lead Developer
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-1
  • 80 percent human
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2013, 03:06:01 PM »
I speak for myself as well as for few other developers that we are sorry to bring you only this much. I feel sorry for all the stuff in the pipeline. Everything that was in development behind the curtains will be revealed that information will not die.
pew-pew