Author Topic: MWLL OpenBeta 0.7.0 - Final Release  (Read 53956 times)

Offline [IPA] Taltos

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +12/-1
Re: MWLL OpenBeta 0.7.0 - Final Release
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2013, 03:08:32 PM »
I speak for myself as well as for few other developers that we are sorry to bring you only this much. I feel sorry for all the stuff in the pipeline. Everything that was in development behind the curtains will be revealed that information will not die.
I think I can speak for the majority of the player base if I say we are grateful for all that you managed to bring us, regardless of whatever failed to make it into 0.7!

Offline Ch3m1kal

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +59/-2
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2013, 03:11:20 PM »
Wait i had missed the front page stuff.

Dafuq?! Srsly?
I hve such an urge to go troll the crap out of the mwo forums right now. I'm regretting giving the bastards my money even more.

I'd thank you guys for all the fish, but i though i should probably give you mine.
Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Offline scylos

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +7/-0
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2013, 03:14:10 PM »
Very sad. Very pissed off.

I'd rather play MW2 online than MWO.

Offline Raptor }12VR{

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +36/-2
  • Nyan de nyaa
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2013, 03:16:17 PM »
Don't know what to say... but thank you for the hard work and years of entertainment provided to us and will continue to provide.

Offline CapperDeluxe

• MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +162/-0
  • Life is cheap, mechs are expensive.
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2013, 03:17:11 PM »
Its been a good run guys! See you all online tonight after work!

Offline [IPA] Avatar

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-4
  • Kiss me, I'm shitfaced!
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2013, 03:19:55 PM »
I'm sad, really.

Anyway, I'd like to thank to the devs for bringing us this truly awesome game. I don't think I'll be able to express my gratitude enough, because through the 1.5 years I've been playing, I realized that this is THE MechWarrior game for me. And it was brought to me by a bunch of awesome guys sacrificing their free time that the could've spent otherwise, for no financial gain and with the only goal of providing the greatest MechWarrior/Battletech experience for the fans.

As for the community, I hope it'll stay here for a while. I've never been an active member, cause I haven't been here for long and I'm only an average pubber, but through this forum and pub matches played together I've got to know some great guys.

I hope the servers will be filled again at least for a while and Operation Viper 2 will be a blast. Also I have high hopes that that horrible abomination called (three letter title, everyone knows what I'm talking about) will suffer a horrible death by financial drought and evaporating player base. Its devs would deserve it.

Yours,

[IPA] Avatar

I'll be there until the day when it's just myself and one other diehard fanboy weirdo plugging the crap out of each other in a lonely Solaris Arena.

You have my axe.

Also this.

Offline NSallaNuto

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +11/-1
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2013, 03:22:23 PM »
Question, are you allowed to add content not related to the IP? maps and game modes for example. The game is already way good.

Small fixes of course :)

Offline TrollerLover

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +6/-1
  • -O^O-
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2013, 03:46:07 PM »
First of all, thank you devs for making this great game!!!

I've enjoyed countless of hours playing it and it has brought so much joy (and sometimes even frustration :)) to my life.

Secondly, I think I speak for many players when I say that we had a ball. This was just the best mech experience I ever had. Thank you for reviving the franchise when no new mech games were in sight.

Lastly, I hope people will still keep playing the game for a long time, and that the devs can still release some hotfixes if critical bugs occurr.

Thanks one more time. All of you.
Owens rush kekekekek

Offline Masakari

• I wont forgot to brung it next time :downs:
  • MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +35/-1
  • Better safe than sorry.
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2013, 03:46:18 PM »
Shits going down

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/91411-in-preparation-of-news-to-hit/

Quote from: Kunae from MWO forums
meh...
<shrug>
Was never interested in that CoD-esque Crysis mod anyways.

lol...

It has really been a pleasure putting working on this mod for everyone. I believe we truly have made the best mechwarrior game out there, just so unfortunate that some of things we have been working on wont come to fruition. See you on the battlefield!

How i play this is it just for making it or playing and making it

Sherrell's legs...

Offline MerfMerf

• Lead Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar, 331st Feral Fangs
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2013, 03:47:12 PM »
Question, are you allowed to add content not related to the IP? maps and game modes for example. The game is already way good.

Maps can always be added. Community maps for instance is proof of this.

/Merf - Mappitymap

Offline :(

• Alphatester
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-14
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2013, 03:52:11 PM »
It will be a long time until this game will be "dead."  Look at Tribes 2.  It's been over a decade and people are still playing it.  The development has ended, but it is up to the community to keep MWLL going.

Personally, it's a very bittersweet moment to see .7 come out.  After year of playing the game for many years, it's the first patch I put a lot of work into.  It's also the biggest and most needed game play changes to the mod in a long time.  The team put in a lot of effort in the last 2 months to get this thing out, there is a LOT of credit to go around. 
The Left Radar boob is your best friend

Offline Ivaan

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +44/-0
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2013, 03:54:22 PM »
Don't know what to say.

I also would like to thank you Devs, all of you, for the amazing work you have done! For free, in you free time. You are the Greatest. I mean it.
I've been here for a while, and I'm going to play this GAME (the word "mod" does not describe the quality), as long as possible. To the last mechwarrior who still plays, as others have said already.

I have no words to describe what I feel about that other "mech" thing, the pile of wreck, which dares to call itself a "game", and shall not be named here. So far I did not care about it. Tried once, never logged in again, no big deal.
But now? I will be watching, when it dies and I hope they will bury it deep enough to be forgotten forever.

Back to MWLL:
Many thanks again! I happy that you could release 0.7. I'm said that there will be no more updates. I wish you guys good luck!
Again, I'm sure the community will play and keep MWLL alive for a long time, so it's not the end!
MWLL forever!

Sincerely Yours,
Ivaan

Offline Ghogiel

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +60/-0
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2013, 03:57:51 PM »
I'm going to play and find bugs!

Offline TrollerLover

• Bondsman