Author Topic: MWLL Actionmapper v0.4.1 (for MWLL v0.7)  (Read 5910 times)

Offline CapperDeluxe

• MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +162/-0
  • Life is cheap, mechs are expensive.
Re: MWLL Actionmapper v0.4.1 (for MWLL v0.7)
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 02:58:06 PM »
Next question, will changing those values fix the issue with the (gamepad) right thumbstick no longer torso twisting or looking up/down ?

nah it sounds like you have some other issue going on there, like ingrater says try increasing sensitivity. After that if it doesn't work maybe try just using their equivalent joystick axis selections instead of the "xi" 360-gamepad specific selections (http://wiki.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?title=Configuring_controls_-_Actionmapper_Guide#Frequently_Asked_Questions)

Offline Incubus 24-7

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +4/-0
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 01:41:24 AM »
Please put a sticky on this thread since my game continuously crashed until I installed this new actionmapper.
now I am back in MWLL heaven!!
God, I just love the new toys.
Home of the iMech - just apps no guns

Offline Fury9er

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-4
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 01:16:30 PM »
Just a heads up that I am getting similar issues to Mr Focht - my Cyborg 3D Gold joystick will move the torso with free-look disabled but it is jerky and seems to want to jump and stick into certain positions. It feels as though something is fighting it. With free-look engaged it barely moves, you can see some very small movement but not much.

The stick still works fine for other assets.

This only affects the torso movement, the X axis for chassis steering works fine as it always did.

I have tried to adjust the dead bands and sensitivity and had some success with this, getting the free-look disabled mode to work as does. I will mess with the range setting next and see if that does anything.

I have tried disabling the mouse (which I used to do anyway for mechs) and this makes no difference. Swapping the bindings to primary and secondary in various configurations also doesn't help. Setting axes to raw mode also makes no difference.

Offline CapperDeluxe

• MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 04:26:51 PM »
if you would be willing to try something for me, I had gotten a message from Ingrater a bit late in the cycle about all the related free reticle commands.

toggle_free_reticle - toggels between free reticle mode and automatic recentering mode
center_free_reticle - recenters the free reticle
free_reticle_x - moves the free reticle directly x axis. Can be used to move the reticle with the mouse but control the mech with a joystick
free_reticle_y - moves the free reticle directly y axis.

note the x and y ones that can be mapped to a joystick.  If you guys can, check to see if this works for you by using that name for the action in the xml?   I'll get in a revision of the actionmapper forthcoming after I know it works for you (copy your current x,y actions then sub in the name for the new set).

Offline CapperDeluxe

• MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 04:27:43 PM »
oops had a double post. Here's an example of what it might look like in your Mech section of actionmaps.xml:

Code: [Select]

<actionmap name="mech" version="19">
    <action name="free_reticle_y">
        <key name="rawjoyaxis_y"/>
        <key name="null"/></action>
    <action name="free_reticle_x">
        <key name="invrawjoyrot_z"/>
        <key name="null"/>
    </action>

Offline Fury9er

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-4
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 04:43:56 PM »
I have managed to get my stick working again by using that cl_free_reticle_independant = 1 command, it seems to turn the free-reticle off which is what I mistakenly thought the free-ret toggle did.