Author Topic: Community Mapping Team  (Read 7522 times)

Offline Deathbane

• MWLL Contributor
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +165/-14
  • Fun now allowed
Re: Community Mapping Team
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 01:23:44 AM »
Possible SVN going up on Firebocks.

Will keep you guys updated.
"Arguing about battlemechs off the field of battle is like arguing as a spheroid, even if you win, you're still a freebirth!"

'It's too bad they don't have a "Report to Mother button", I bet you'd be slapping that one twenty-four-seven so she'd come dry your tears when your own idiocy leads you to failure in a game on the internet.' - dimachaerus

New idea- would I be able to use an external hard drive to add RAM and/or improve gigahertz?

Offline Snow Gibbon

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +37/-8
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 04:19:16 PM »
I want to map but my machine is too abysmally shit for it.
12th Vegan Rangers - Missile spam is the best kind of spam!

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-1
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 07:15:43 PM »
Looks like my Sandbox Editor decided to stop working properly. After I boot it up, it doesn't want to open the Terrain Window for the importing of terrains.
Raise your quality standards as high as you can live with, avoid wasting your time on routine problems, and always try to work as closely as possible at the boundary of your abilities. Do this, because it is the only way of discovering how that boundary should be moved forward.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:
Main point: "OH LOOK AT ME I'm A BIG STUPID MECH WITH A SILLY GUN AND I'M ALL AGILE AND GRACEFUL OH LOOK OVER THERE IT's A TR MAX...............................OH MY GOD I CAN LICK MY OWN KNEECAPS AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY SPINE IS."

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-2
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 10:10:58 PM »
I want to map but my machine is too abysmally shit for it.

Don't let this preclude you. I loaded up the editor on my crappy laptop and used it to design "detail" level base structures on a 256x256 flat untextured terrain. I then exported this layer into a larger map. It worked very well for this and doesn't require much juice at all.  We could potentially give you a general base layout or dimensions and have you populate it with cool details.
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket

Offline Deathbane

• MWLL Contributor
  • Living Legend
  • Fun now allowed
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 04:04:02 PM »
Does it give you any warnings emy?

And which sandbox you using, default or crysis wars sdk?

Ill be puuting some stuff up on our forums later. Id love to finish work on harvest and enceledas
as priority jobs. I think Ancient would agree due to the odd pms we ve been having but ill
make a thread for voting.

SVN Is eta Saturday. More on that over on Enjin soon.

*EDIT* SVN is online, more information can be found in the forums.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 07:01:40 PM by Deathbane »
"Arguing about battlemechs off the field of battle is like arguing as a spheroid, even if you win, you're still a freebirth!"

'It's too bad they don't have a "Report to Mother button", I bet you'd be slapping that one twenty-four-seven so she'd come dry your tears when your own idiocy leads you to failure in a game on the internet.' - dimachaerus

New idea- would I be able to use an external hard drive to add RAM and/or improve gigahertz?

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 08:06:56 PM »
Deathbane, the Crysis Wars SDK. It doesn't give me any warnings when I try to click on the button, it just doesn't do anything.

In short, I'll probably have to delete my install and start from scratch.
Raise your quality standards as high as you can live with, avoid wasting your time on routine problems, and always try to work as closely as possible at the boundary of your abilities. Do this, because it is the only way of discovering how that boundary should be moved forward.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:
Main point: "OH LOOK AT ME I'm A BIG STUPID MECH WITH A SILLY GUN AND I'M ALL AGILE AND GRACEFUL OH LOOK OVER THERE IT's A TR MAX...............................OH MY GOD I CAN LICK MY OWN KNEECAPS AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY SPINE IS."

Offline CGB [Ancient Demise]

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-0
  • Clan Ghost Bear
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2013, 12:13:18 AM »
So we will not be getting any new finished environmental assets in this next patch  >:(
We will, however, release a .zip of all the goodies for everyone to work on.
I would normally be selfish here and say 'join the map team if you want it' but I think this is stuff everyone should have to play around with.
More news to follow when I get around to doing something about it.

"Most discipline is hidden discipline, designed not to liberate but to limit. Do not ask 'Why.' Be cautious with 'How.' 'Why' leads inexorably to paradox. 'How' traps you in a universe of cause and effect. Both deny the infinite."
---The Apocrypha of Arrakis; Frank Herbert, Heretics of Dune

Offline merciless

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-0
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2013, 04:12:44 AM »
Count me in.

Offline Deathbane

• MWLL Contributor
  • Living Legend
  • Fun now allowed
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 03:17:44 PM »
Awesome, glad to have you onboard.

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-2
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 03:43:18 PM »
Dont forget to go to the website.
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2013, 06:54:20 AM »
As it turns out, I had accidentally moved my terrain window all the way over to the right hand side of my screen, leaving only a sliver to see finally today. *headdesk*...

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:

Offline Deathbane

• MWLL Contributor
  • Living Legend
  • Fun now allowed
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2013, 01:15:05 PM »
PLease pm me the svn stuff guys, need to get this sorted.

Offline CGB [Ancient Demise]

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-0
  • Clan Ghost Bear
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2013, 12:01:27 AM »

"Most discipline is hidden discipline, designed not to liberate but to limit. Do not ask 'Why.' Be cautious with 'How.' 'Why' leads inexorably to paradox. 'How' traps you in a universe of cause and effect. Both deny the infinite."
---The Apocrypha of Arrakis; Frank Herbert, Heretics of Dune

Offline [CG]Anastasius Focht

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-9079
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2013, 05:45:22 AM »
Just an idea

But has anyone given any thought to making a video tutorial on the basics of map making ?

I dont doubt there are plenty of people who if given a basic intro into making MWLL maps, would take the ball and run with it
You have to understand the code of duty and honor that rules those who pilot these engines of destruction. Placing such an awesome weapon in the hands of an individual implies a similar gesture of trust

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anastasius_Focht

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2013, 12:23:02 PM »
There was one released a long time ago, MWLL mappers final 0, but that's pretty old (2010 I believe), so chances are a new version would be in order.

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod