Author Topic: Coordination of updates of pages for 0.7.0?  (Read 2336 times)

Offline d3jake

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-2
  • [CGB] Pilots Captured Long Toms
Coordination of updates of pages for 0.7.0?
« on: January 21, 2013, 04:59:17 AM »
It occurred to me, that with all of the changes with in the new patch, that it may be worth organizing what's been updated. Can we set up a page outlining all of the asset\weapon pages and whether or not they've been touched yet?

I'm in the middle of editing the Demolisher page, and will likely move to the Ares.

Offline Vlaad

• Lead Developer
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-1
  • 80 percent human
Re: Coordination of updates of pages for 0.7.0?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 05:16:11 AM »
It occurred to me, that with all of the changes with in the new patch, that it may be worth organizing what's been updated. Can we set up a page outlining all of the asset\weapon pages and whether or not they've been touched yet?

I'm in the middle of editing the Demolisher page, and will likely move to the Ares.
Vlaad --> gratefull
pew-pew

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 05:55:13 AM »
Pages can be marked: {{Out of date}} for them to show up on the Category:Articles_requiring_update page. This page is linked at the bottom of the main page to easily see what needs to be updated.

Note that a page has to be marked {{Out of date}} for it to show up on that list first.

Offline d3jake

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-2
  • [CGB] Pilots Captured Long Toms
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 06:16:20 AM »
Shall we go through and do that?

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 07:15:56 AM »
It appears a lot of the assets has been updated already, but if you can think of or find a page that needs updating, but either don't want to do it yet or aren't sure enough about the information to fill it out completely, feel free to edit in the {{Out of date}} at the very top. I'm afraid I don't know enough to go through every single wiki page and mark it or not. :-[

Offline DFDelta

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +145/-1
  • Wiki Staff
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 04:12:53 PM »
Somewhere around 0.6.0 I have started to add the line <!--current for 0.x.x--> under the infobox.
I don't know if people kept updating it whenever they updated the infobox, but I have done it on all assets I have updated.
It is only visible if you're already on the edit page, but at least it is something.

(I'm also out of commission for 2 or 3 days as I'm out of town for a few days.)
Join the MWLL wiki today, your contributions will make the wiki a better place.

In Lyran Commonwealth, Atlas scouts you.

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 10:26:22 AM »
Somewhere around 0.6.0 I have started to add the line <!--current for 0.x.x--> under the infobox.

And that is the line which is to be updated when ever a person updates a page, else a quick overview of the recently changed pages can help in this.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush