Author Topic: pulse lasers feel like too heat intensive  (Read 5356 times)

Offline ELH_MrGray

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-9
Re: pulse lasers feel like too heat intensive
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2013, 07:08:26 PM »
Of course if you gonna use chainfire like machinegun it not gonna work :D You must make serious pauses between shots to let your mech dissipate all that heat while trying to keep heat as high as possible to get additional benefits from increased dissipation on maximum heat levels.
Same way you must work with dual cHLL on new loki B. It is only way to use Masakari Prime for 80-90% of its firepower. All high heat energy weapons demand this kind of shoot style and are really skill based weapons (you must have good aim to land all your shots on target while using this tactic in masakari Pr)

"Do you know what the sound of 2 UAC/20s is?"
"What's it sound like?"
"RAPERAPERAPERAPE."

Offline =CJW= Zweistein000 (W)

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +222/-72
  • Trial of position ended; Rank: Warrior
    • Urbie Defense By (TLL)CapperDeluxe
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2013, 08:03:43 PM »
still.. cougar prime overheats quite quickly even if chain-fired correctly. Basically it can hardly handle 2x CLRM10 +1x CLPL. The other LPL is a waste unless fighting under 150m.
Vote Bill for multidimentional sex warlock 2013.

Quote from: Bin Fish link=http://cjw.dyndns.biz/forum/profile.php?10,12
Don't sniff anything Bill gives you and never find yourself alone with HAARP

Offline Malaclypse

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +29/-0
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 12:02:40 AM »
still.. cougar prime overheats quite quickly even if chain-fired correctly. Basically it can hardly handle 2x CLRM10 +1x CLPL. The other LPL is a waste unless fighting under 150m.

The fact that each cLPL is in a separate arm gives you significantly more options for exposing a shallow profile of the mech while firing with the one cLPL that has LOS.  Additionally, the range of motion you can get via free reticle and turning to look almost all the way behind you allows only one cLPL to fire when at maximum rotation. 

Also, the usesfulness of the cLRM10's and the cLPL's are different situations of viability.  Particularly if there's NARC or TAG on the field.  I don't know how many times I've seen a NARC beacon go up while in a no-LRM equipped asset and sighed quietly to myself that I can't take advantage of it.

If you're running between cover elements and breaking LOS to your target with any regularity, then linked-firing both your cLPLs shouldn't cause any problems with heat.