Author Topic: OUTDATED - MWLL 0.7.1 plus Crysis Wars Trial 1.5 Combined Installer - Release  (Read 115643 times)

Offline Gouty

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +137/-5
  • =CJW= Chief Whip
Re: MWLL 0.7 plus Crysis Wars Trial 1.5 Combined Installer
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2013, 04:01:16 PM »
Why would you need to create a new page?  Are you suggesting it does a manual check i.e. ask the user "Do you have a valid Crysis Wars key?" and then creates a random one if they don't?

Couldn't we just create a boolean that returns a true/false depending on if the registry value already exists and then only run the .bat (or the pascal) if it is not present?

Yes the first page after the EULA is the InfoBeforeFile.
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam"
If you take this seriously, you're some kind of mouth-breathing fappwit that shouldn't have survived infancy.

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +39/-0
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2013, 04:32:33 PM »
The trial still comes with SecuROM, right? If it doesn't, I can get a friend of mine to play.

Offline Gouty

• Lance Captain
  • =CJW= Chief Whip
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2013, 04:46:57 PM »
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but why would you want to have SecuROM?

I misread your question! Nope, no SecuRom

Az, could we use this constant to return the value:
Code: [Select]
{reg:HKxx\SubkeyName,ValueName|DefaultValue}and then if it returns a value don't overwrite it and just continue with installation.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 04:53:56 PM by Gouty »
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam"
If you take this seriously, you're some kind of mouth-breathing fappwit that shouldn't have survived infancy.

Offline Az

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +49/-0
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2013, 04:53:19 PM »
Why would you need to create a new page?  Are you suggesting it does a manual check i.e. ask the user "Do you have a valid Crysis Wars key?" and then creates a random one if they don't?

That's the idea. Actually I'm running into stupid issues, I guess because Inno only embeds a subset of Pascal and what has been left out isn't very well documented (or at least not obvious for someone not completely familiar with Pascal). This makes the Pascal doc I found not always helpful... Anyway, that's what I'm aiming for, yes.

Couldn't we just create a boolean that returns a true/false depending on if the registry value already exists and then only run the .bat (or the pascal) if it is not present?

Yesterday I had a valid Crysis Wars key, but the installer couldn't know that because it wasn't in the registry. A combined installer is most convenient for when wars isn't already installed, so I feel it's important to give the user the opportunity of entering his valid key, if he has one.

By the way, your note on the first page is a bit misleading. It is possible to join a key-checking server with Crysis Wars Trial, provided you have a valid key in the registry.
I joined TLL Matchbox #2 and MWLL Official #1 without issues yesterday, and I doubt very much the latter bypasses the key verification. Though I didn't test without a key and I can't test right now as I haven't updated yet.

The trial still comes with SecuROM, right? If it doesn't, I can get a friend of mine to play.

As far as I can tell, no.
No Securom folder anywhere on my system drive, no hit for Securom in the registry.

Offline Tornado92

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +9/-9
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2013, 05:20:16 PM »
The trial still comes with SecuROM, right?
Nothing of the sorts.

Yesterday I had a valid Crysis Wars key, but the installer couldn't know that because it wasn't in the registry. A combined installer is most convenient for when wars isn't already installed, so I feel it's important to give the user the opportunity of entering his valid key, if he has one.
This is a great idea!

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +157/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2013, 05:32:05 PM »

Not even the retail version comes with it, technically. Only Crysis Warhead might have some copy protection, but Crysis Wars itself has no DRM whatsoever, apart from key authentication on servers.

Offline Gouty

• Lance Captain
  • =CJW= Chief Whip
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2013, 10:31:07 AM »
Good News Everyone!

Version 1 of the installer is ready to rock and roll:

Changes:
  • Updated to 0.7.1
  • Added Az's awesome registry key page (detects previous keys, allows users to enter their own and generates new ones as required)
  • Bundled Cryhammer in the folder "Crysis Wars\Tools\Cryhammer" to aid with legitimate key issues
  • Added an additional "\" to the InstallDIR registry value (so it will work with Cryhammer)
  • Fixed problem with InstallDIR value having an extra "\Wow6432Node" in some 64bit installs
  • Added an image to the installer
  • Added readme to the .zip (includes a legged mad dog)
  • Removed a lot of redundant data from the default "attributes.xml" for the default profile "Mechwarrior"
  • Reworded some of the pre and post install info to reflect changes
First post will be updated shortly

Link here

Offline ELH_MrGray

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-9
Re: MWLL 0.7.1 plus Crysis Wars Trial 1.5 Combined Installer - Release
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2013, 04:23:31 PM »
Thank you guys.

"Do you know what the sound of 2 UAC/20s is?"
"What's it sound like?"
"RAPERAPERAPERAPE."

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +39/-0
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2013, 04:44:15 PM »
Thanks. :)

Offline Defender

• Creative Director
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +65535/-65535
  • CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
    • Patrick Salerno's Porfolio
"A Goal without Vision is a Hallucination"

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2013, 06:03:28 PM »
damn you guys are awesome!

Offline CGB [Ancient Demise]

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-0
  • Clan Ghost Bear
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2013, 11:15:47 PM »
So that friend of mine I was talking about on IRC (a GhostRyder that apparently still has not registered on these forums) gave it a try over the weekend and it worked. He said there may have been some connectivity problems on his end and he'd have to double check everything but he was able to connect to a random server other than funbocks - a lessfunbocks - which I think confirms that it works!

THIS IS AMAZING!!!

"Most discipline is hidden discipline, designed not to liberate but to limit. Do not ask 'Why.' Be cautious with 'How.' 'Why' leads inexorably to paradox. 'How' traps you in a universe of cause and effect. Both deny the infinite."
---The Apocrypha of Arrakis; Frank Herbert, Heretics of Dune

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +340/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2013, 11:27:14 PM »
Cjw truly is best clan.

Offline Ressk [CSF]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +72/-2
  • Khan of [CSF]
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2013, 11:32:30 PM »
Recruitment Page For CSF

click the pic /\
ULLER4LYFE! the internet hates CSF

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-2
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2013, 11:35:24 PM »
Glory to the highest!
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket