Author Topic: North American server: Denver TC  (Read 3249 times)

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
North American server: Denver TC
« on: January 28, 2013, 05:32:57 AM »
I'm now running a server for TC and maybe a little TSA from Denver with decent ping.  Currently limited to 24 players, I would like:

1: map suggestions.  Right now I'm running nearly any working TC map that's not a default map.  Be glad to add suggestions.
2: CDKEY testing.  I THINK I have port 29910 blocked now, so no cdkey required but would like input from others since I have a key etc.
3: Perf testing.  How does it work with 2, 4, ... 16, 24 players.  If it's good at 24 I might bump it to 26, 28, or whatever.

Next I want to see about getting the next map voting software up and running so you're not stuck with a map you hate. But that's for later this week.

Offline Malaclypse

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +29/-0
Re: North American server: Denver TC
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 06:11:02 AM »
I'd recommend steering clear of the super huge maps, at least in the beginning. Anything much larger than Death Valley.

I'd like to put in a request for tsa_new_Roland, it's one of the few tsa maps I think is any good.

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 06:13:02 AM »
Yeah I'm not sure if I have any super large maps in the rather large, eclectic collection right now.'

Will add TSA New Roland.

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 06:36:25 AM »
This thread is my suggestion. :D

Thank you for taking the time, effort and cost to run a server! If Open Merc Night takes off again, I hope your server can be a part of it. ;)

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 06:43:40 AM »

Thank you for taking the time, effort and cost to run a server! If Open Merc Night takes off again, I hope your server can be a part of it. ;)

Will add.  I try to check it every morning and evening to make sure it hasn't crashed or anything.  It seems like there are NO North American servers right now.  Hope they're just updating to 0.7.1.

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 09:32:11 AM »

Will add.  I try to check it every morning and evening to make sure it hasn't crashed or anything.  It seems like there are NO North American servers right now.  Hope they're just updating to 0.7.1.

That's what is going on, most likely.  They didn't even have them up right away when 0.7 dropped.  Should be up tomorrow, I am guessing.  Good work though, taking the initiative an all.  Are you running it from home, or are using a server provider?  I have half a comp that I might consider setting up as a server, just haven't had much luck playing on home based servers.  They seem to max out at 10 players before everyone starts having connection issues.  Let me know how it goes when you get a good amount of folks on it at the same time. :)

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 10:17:17 AM »
  Are you running it from home, or are using a server provider?  I have half a comp that I might consider setting up as a server, just haven't had much luck playing on home based servers.  They seem to max out at 10 players before everyone starts having connection issues.  Let me know how it goes when you get a good amount of folks on it at the same time. :)

Yeah running it from home.  I might look at getting a cheap vm in a hosting center with real bandwidth if it starts getting use and needs it.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 10:23:17 PM »
If you're running it from home you should be able to set the map voting thing more easily.

Also one thing that I forgot, unrelated. I might need to release a new version of Rconnect at some point because once it gets the message that a round has ended, it waits 10 seconds before changing map. However controlling a server remotely will add a couple more time to check the log file and send the rcon command, which might make the next map commands arrive late, already after a map is being loaded automatically from the normal levelrotation, thus making a player load two maps, and possibly ending up with the map broken of a level because of the 30 seconds of a round restart coming too soon.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" Šokaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Cherno

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-23
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 01:07:09 AM »
If you have any problems populating the server, try to set up and announce a specific time and day here on the matchmaking forums.

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 01:39:50 AM »
I'm now running a server for TC and maybe a little TSA from Denver with decent ping.  Currently limited to 24 players, I would like:

1: map suggestions.  Right now I'm running nearly any working TC map that's not a default map.  Be glad to add suggestions.
2: CDKEY testing.  I THINK I have port 29910 blocked now, so no cdkey required but would like input from others since I have a key etc.
3: Perf testing.  How does it work with 2, 4, ... 16, 24 players.  If it's good at 24 I might bump it to 26, 28, or whatever.

Next I want to see about getting the next map voting software up and running so you're not stuck with a map you hate. But that's for later this week.
some of the new default maps and thunder rift is a fun one since there is no aero.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline Ressk [CSF]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +72/-2
  • Khan of [CSF]
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 01:49:33 AM »
northwind and warzone.

you run those and i vote for you. no matter what.
Recruitment Page For CSF

click the pic /\
ULLER4LYFE! the internet hates CSF

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 04:39:49 AM »
northwind and warzone.

you run those and i vote for you. no matter what.

TC Warzone is already there. I'm not likely gonna add a bunch of tsa on it for now.

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 08:21:04 AM »
Tried joining your server when it was empty, got a timeout. Will try again later.

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 05:37:10 PM »
I was able to join no problem.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 06:53:27 PM »
To be fair I turned off inbound port 29910 and restarted the server.  Well back to (looking like I'm) working.

Could someone with a bad CDKEY check to see if they can connect to my server?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 06:58:59 PM by Sxooter »