Author Topic: OUTDATED - MWLL 0.7.1 Complete Installer  (Read 17395 times)

Offline Gouty

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +137/-5
  • =CJW= Chief Whip
OUTDATED - MWLL 0.7.1 Complete Installer
« on: February 06, 2013, 04:21:16 PM »
This installer is outdated!

Latest MWLL and install guide available here

Official forum thread.

CJW still best clan.

Everything below the line kept for posterity

Due to popular demand, those fine gentlemen of CJW; Haarp and Gouty are proud to introduce:

MWLL 0.7.1 Complete Installer
Version 1

IMPORTANT - This installer requires that Crysis Wars (or Crysis Wars Trial) be already installed.  If you do not have Crysis Wars - please use this

Downloads ~2.6GB:
Torrent - please seed!

Mirror 1 - Germany (CJW)
Mirror 2 - Chicago (cyofee)
Checksums:
MD5: 387be95e8b99a0d5f1d8967c62f535a6
sha256: 76b3bf0c404a7bea26cd9c86073463b58ea08f6d6c31fa2ba0b1c6cb93ee5b9e

KNOWN ISSUES:
Currently Writes the files to "/Crysis Wars/MWLL/MWLL" - will be fixed soon
Possible issue: the MWLL Launcher might not think you have the most up to date version
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 02:21:20 PM by Gouty »
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam"
If you take this seriously, you're some kind of mouth-breathing fappwit that shouldn't have survived infancy.

Offline cyofee

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +71/-61
    • cyofee

Offline Iron__Eagle

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
Re: MWLL 0.7.1 Complete Installer
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 10:35:02 PM »
I've been trying for 2 days now to get this to work. I have gotten crysis trial to work, but not MWLL.
 I'm about ready to give up.
where do i extract the zip file?
what destination folder do i install MWLL into.
Do i still need gamespy comrade installed?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:32:31 PM by Iron__Eagle »

Offline Iron__Eagle

• Bondsman
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 11:23:09 PM »
what am i doing wrong
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 08:09:01 PM by Iron__Eagle »

Offline Iron__Eagle

• Bondsman
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 11:31:51 PM »
could it be that the installer makes 2 MWLL folders??
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 08:08:48 PM by Iron__Eagle »

Offline Iron__Eagle

• Bondsman
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 11:37:09 PM »
what a pain in the a**.

I merged the 2 MWLL folders and got the launcher to work.

it works fine now.
for some reason the installer was making a MWLL folder within a MWLL folder as seen in the pics by default
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:46:54 PM by Iron__Eagle »

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 12:13:06 AM »
If you have further problems launching the mod, I can see why. It created the mod folder with this name, "MWLL". However if I'm not wrong, it needs to be in lowercase, "mwll". If you're unable to join a server or see a funky menu with strings missing, its because of that.

And you don't need Gamespy Comrade, feel free to uninstall it. ;)
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" Šokaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Iron__Eagle

• Bondsman
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 03:06:07 AM »
i got it to work, but now i have other problems, that weren't there on earlier patches, like not being able to aim with the mechs. the twist torso doesn't work on mechs, only tanks and battlearmor.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 07:12:43 AM by Iron__Eagle »

Offline okaolias

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +13/-2
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 03:30:35 AM »
With the changes in the economy, getting enough cbills for aircraft through ranking up shouldn't be too much of a problem, even if you end up dieing pretty quickly. cl_free_reticle_independent=1(or you could type cl_free in console and press tab and it'll fill the rest of the command for you, just add the 1 afterwards) should fix the issues with joysticks, d-pads etc. It has to do with the reticle being pulled towards the center or sth.

Kinda off topic, but the starter hovers are some damn good assets, most doing fine even if you join late.

Offline Iron__Eagle

• Bondsman
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 03:41:25 AM »
ok, got it to work, just pasted that into the autoexec file.

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 04:49:55 AM »
Note that the new cash / scoring system gives you a +20% for each weight class above your own you are shooting.  Taking an Uller B out and shooting up a medium or heavy will get you into 50k spawn class in literally seconds.  Get a Cougar F and repeat, living a little longer, and you'll be at 60k.  If you're good at aero ask for money and you'll get it usually.

Offline Iron__Eagle

• Bondsman
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 07:14:18 AM »
yea, i got used to the new currency. seems like you level up faster.

Offline Gouty

• Lance Captain
  • =CJW= Chief Whip
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 10:55:40 AM »
Hi Iron__Eagle, Sorry I wasn't around to answer your question yesterday, that is indeed a strange problem.  But I think I might know what caused it (I think I messed up the paths on the machine I was testing it on!), I'll hopefully fix it tonight and add an updated version (sorry hosts)

As for the reticule issue,  I think the default actionmap for the default profile should have some of the new free reticule settings

Also the newest version of the Actionmapper can change these values without having to directly edit the xml.
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam"
If you take this seriously, you're some kind of mouth-breathing fappwit that shouldn't have survived infancy.

Offline Who Knows?

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2013, 07:41:11 PM »
I tried installing this off a thumb drive/then off the hard-drive with thumb drive connected/and then off hard drive without thumb drive attached and it started to give me an error message similar to "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk#\DR#."  Where number was either 3 or 4(but I don't think the exact number matters).  The first install caused the error every system start up until I fiddled around in disk management. The second/third install only gave it while running the game.  So I think your installer might be trying to reference something on your computer(but it definitely was annoying).

Other problems I have seen though include:

The aforementioned double MWLL folders. (\Mods\MWLL\MWLL\Stuff Here) - Second install I corrected it.
And on initial run sound cut out though I reloaded and it worked.
I tested the Cryhammer Utility and it couldn't tell if I patched to 1,5 (I have disc version).
and If you click repair build in the launcher it thinks I have an old build of MWLL installed.

I'm going to try the regular method now.   :(  I was just hoping for an easy one time install deal with this supposedly being the final build oh well.  I'll get back after the normal install goes and see what happens.

Hopefully the updated build has fixed paths and works.

Offline Gouty

• Lance Captain
  • =CJW= Chief Whip
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013, 08:19:54 PM »
Sorry to hear you are having problems

I'll try and answer all your issues:
"Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk#\DR#." - I have this issue intermittently when loading a map (work around by repeatedly clicking "try again") and I have heard others get the same problem.  I did not copy the game files from my working install so I can't of replicated this problem in the installer.

"(\Mods\MWLL\MWLL\Stuff Here)" - Known issue, will be fixed shortly

"And on initial run sound cut out though I reloaded and it worked." - No idea, but I am guessing it is not to do with the installer

"I tested the Cryhammer Utility and it couldn't tell if I patched to 1,5 (I have disc version)." - Doubt this is an issue with the installer. ask cryhammer devs about that - http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?topic=17421.0

"and If you click repair build in the launcher it thinks I have an old build of MWLL installed." - Ill test this (how does the launcher check if you have an old build?)