Author Topic: OUTDATED - MWLL 0.7.1 Complete Installer  (Read 19668 times)

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
Re: MWLL 0.7.1 Complete Installer
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 08:38:44 PM »
"and If you click repair build in the launcher it thinks I have an old build of MWLL installed." - Ill test this (how does the launcher check if you have an old build?)

http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,19065.msg341402.html#msg341402

Repair build appears broken for now, likely wasn't updated to take account the new patch.

About CryHammer, maybe it was the dash issue again? I'd had to take a look at a screenshot of his result.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Gouty

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +137/-5
  • =CJW= Chief Whip
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 09:47:05 PM »
Sweet, so the only confirmed problem is that issue with the extra MWLL directory then?

I'll fix that then and upload the new version soon.  BTW does anyone else experience the "No Disk" error, or is it just me and "Who Knows?"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:45:02 AM by Gouty »
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam"
If you take this seriously, you're some kind of mouth-breathing fappwit that shouldn't have survived infancy.

Offline Who Knows?

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 10:53:25 PM »
Okay, looks like the install path is the only problem then.

I retried cryhammer and it worked fine once I tried from a clean run.(I selected my folder rather than auto-path.)

I tried the regular install method(I.E. .60 and auto-update with 4 patches) and the disk not found error is still present.  Looks like its been a nagging problem for a while: http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?topic=11761.0

I think I've always had the error pop-up on SA_Jungle and never on TSA_Marshes, but then again watch me keep trying and it do just the opposite at one point . . .(oh the joys of troubleshooting intermittent problems) :P

Offline Iron__Eagle

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 11:08:52 AM »
good to note that a few times the download failed, but only became apparent when trying to run the installer or unzipping the file. It would give me some weird error messages, wish i had printed screen then..  It seems that it was all related to some issue with the download itself. considering it takes a long while to download, it must of been an intermitent loss of internet connection or something similar.

I only tried once to install the crysis/MWLL combined installer and it failed for whatever reason. I decided to do the seperated download because I wanted to be able to go into the crysis wars options menu to change the gamepad pitch invertion, since the action mapper invert for the vtol/aero doesn't seem to work.

for some reason, after changing the invertion in crysis, MWLL was bypassing the mapped keys from the action mapper and using the ones from crysis. Opening the actionmapper and saving the file after changing the invertion in crysis wars fixed this.

Offline Malaclypse

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +29/-0
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 05:14:48 PM »
You also have the option of inverting pitch / yaw / roll for aero and/or vtol through console settings. This means you can put the commands in an autoexec.cfg file, and apply it automatically at game launch.

Acceptable values are 0 and 1
v_invertAeroPitchControl =
v_invertAeroYawControl =
v_invertAeroRollControl =
v_invertVTOLPitchControl =
v_invertVTOLYawControl =
v_invertVTOLRollControl =

(edit: added commands)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:23:00 PM by Malaclypse »

Offline Iron__Eagle

• Bondsman
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 10:40:07 PM »
oo, ok. I already have it set up so I won't tinker with it, but will try this next time I format windows.

Offline Iron__Eagle

• Bondsman
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 08:10:40 PM »
even with such low numbers, people still spawn camp. whats the fun in that? good bye

Offline Malaclypse

• Lance Captain
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 11:59:17 PM »
Whoever the douchebag was who was opposing base raping as a BA and killing new players as they spawn ought to be mighty ashamed of their actions.  Hopefully Iron__Eagle understands that there are jackasses everywhere and give the game another shot, but it's entirely possible he continued with his proclaimed course of uninstalling.

So, that was awesome whomever, give yourself a mighty good pat on the back for that one.

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 04:18:54 AM »
even with such low numbers, people still spawn camp. whats the fun in that? good bye

Okay, it's obviously uncool to have such a thing happen to you, and whomever did is bad and should feel bad for being such a prick in a low playerbase game such as this, but to honestly uninstall over such a poor experience? I understand quitting, maybe not touching the game in like a week or so, but to just drop the entire game over one poor experience? I mean, welcome to the internet bud. There's gonna be dickbags everywhere.

I'm certainly not saying any kind of the aforementioned behavior should be allowed, accepted or tolerated in any way, but you could perhaps stick close to your name and 'steel' yourself against a few unsavory situations such as these. Unless you truly didn't enjoy the rest of the game enough to keep playing period.

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +341/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2013, 04:57:12 AM »

Okay, it's obviously uncool to have such a thing happen to you, and whomever did is bad and should feel bad for being such a prick in a low playerbase game such as this, but to honestly uninstall over such a poor experience? I understand quitting, maybe not touching the game in like a week or so, but to just drop the entire game over one poor experience? I mean, welcome to the internet bud. There's gonna be dickbags everywhere.

I'm certainly not saying any kind of the aforementioned behavior should be allowed, accepted or tolerated in any way, but you could perhaps stick close to your name and 'steel' yourself against a few unsavory situations such as these. Unless you truly didn't enjoy the rest of the game enough to keep playing period.

Yeah pretty much dude, one bad round doesn't make a game...

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2013, 04:58:13 AM »
I've had the same type of troll-tastic behaviour before, and rage quit for an hour or more.  But hey, you log in later and the asshole is gone!  Amazing how that works. Yeah, thicker skin is advisable. Cause someone is gonna be a troll / dickhead etc in any game.

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +39/-0
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 06:42:36 PM »
Whoever the douchebag was who was opposing base raping as a BA and killing new players as they spawn ought to be mighty ashamed of their actions.  Hopefully Iron__Eagle understands that there are jackasses everywhere and give the game another shot, but it's entirely possible he continued with his proclaimed course of uninstalling.

So, that was awesome whomever, give yourself a mighty good pat on the back for that one.

I haven't been playing recently, so it wasn't me. But uh... depends on the base. If it's a capturable base, there's nothing wrong with that. Why should a BA wait for you to buy and get into that Huit Prime, Rifleman, or Black Lanner with 6 MGuns so you can easily kill him? I guess if he somehow manages to almost kill you, he should wait while you make repairs and power up again...? Nobody thinks twice about spawn-killing a BA who is still buying weapons in a BA bunker (and there are no more loadouts, so it's gonna happen), so why should a BA let mechs and vehicles ready up and train their reticules on him behind walls for him to peek out?

Now if it was the primary spawn, and it wasn't a map where the primary spawn is capturable, and he is inside the spawn area killing you, sure it might be right to get mad at it (although at some point, everyone HAS to try it once, if only for a few minutes). If he kills you with his mpPPC from outside the base defenses as you are getting into your mech, that's just too funny and 1337 to be mad at. Trust me. :D

Keep in mind that this strategy is super-easy to defend against. A BA can only carry 5 Inferno Charges, and after that he'll have to run back to an APC or another base. And if you know he's there, just immediately run after spawning to get him to whiff on his Inferno Charge/laser. YOU can buy Inferno Charges, then. And everyone spawns with the best BA-killing weapon, so you could always just... you know... shoot him.

Offline Malaclypse

• Lance Captain
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2013, 02:14:05 AM »

I haven't been playing recently, so it wasn't me. But uh... depends on the base. If it's a capturable base, there's nothing wrong with that. Why should a BA wait for you to buy and get into that Huit Prime, Rifleman, or Black Lanner with 6 MGuns so you can easily kill him? I guess if he somehow manages to almost kill you, he should wait while you make repairs and power up again...? Nobody thinks twice about spawn-killing a BA who is still buying weapons in a BA bunker (and there are no more loadouts, so it's gonna happen), so why should a BA let mechs and vehicles ready up and train their reticules on him behind walls for him to peek out?

Now if it was the primary spawn, and it wasn't a map where the primary spawn is capturable, and he is inside the spawn area killing you, sure it might be right to get mad at it (although at some point, everyone HAS to try it once, if only for a few minutes). If he kills you with his mpPPC from outside the base defenses as you are getting into your mech, that's just too funny and 1337 to be mad at. Trust me. :D

Keep in mind that this strategy is super-easy to defend against. A BA can only carry 5 Inferno Charges, and after that he'll have to run back to an APC or another base. And if you know he's there, just immediately run after spawning to get him to whiff on his Inferno Charge/laser. YOU can buy Inferno Charges, then. And everyone spawns with the best BA-killing weapon, so you could always just... you know... shoot him.

It was inside main base, non-capturable, on TSA Cloud Cobra.  My guess is that the overwhelmingly vast majority of people do NOT immediately jump to the side while scanning for enemy BA base raping against the spirit of the rules, but rather pull up the build menu to buy something.

While spawn camping, it's pretty easy to predict where your "enemy" is going to spawn at, since the spawn locations are fixed.  So it's not terribly hard to get positioned such that as soon as they spawn you murder them.

The only times I've actually experienced people spawn raping, this is the behavior that was used. 

Offline cyofee

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +71/-62
    • cyofee
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2014, 12:04:59 PM »
KNOWN ISSUES:
Currently Writes the files to "/Crysis Wars/MWLL/MWLL" - will be fixed soon
Is this still true or has it been fixed?

Offline «Çߧ»Trooper_Thorn

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +6/-0
  • Galaxy Commander of Iota Galaxy, Clan Blood Spirit
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2014, 07:11:30 PM »
I just tried to reinstall for the 5Th time and still it is showing that I do not have all the proper dl's even though I do. I did the 1.5 update NP then the O.6.0 then the 0.6.1 to 0.7.0 to 0.7.1 and still it will not launch it just crashes even when I wipe everything clean from the mod folder. I tried the separate full 7.1 install I hit the play button on the launcher and Crash wth? I screwed up and removed the old install a few months ago because I thought MWLL was dead since that piece of Crap MWO had screwed us here. Is there anyway to get this to work or is MWLL dead now?

Νέμεσις
"Let our enemies learn the true meaning of Nemesis!"