I played MWO for about 2 months...
Here are the things that IMO are better on MWO
- Mech models and designs
- Mech movements (only torso/arms yaw/pitch speeds) and animations
- Aim reticle (it's really good, as very skilled players can shoot at 2 different targets in the same time)
- MechLa...well, actually not, since the build rules and limitations are ridicolous (HBK-4P with 9 medium lasers and STK-3F with 6 PPCs are a joke...)
- Damage system (Mechs have 3 rear torsos, and if you destroy a side torso on a mech which mount an XL engine, it will explode)
- LRM won't hit the target if you lose it
Here are the things that IMO are literally f***** up on MWO
- GAMEPLAY BALANCE IN GENERAL
- SRMs, NARC, LBXs and pulse lasers are useless.
- MGuns are OP (just a little)
- Mech scaling completely messed up (QKD is almost tall as the HGN, catapult is bigger than stalker)
- PPC/Gauss reload times are ridicolous...
- Very bad hardpoints limitation on the MechLab
- (from yesterday) Mech movements in general (Mech can get stuck even with the smallest rock...)
- Graphics (expecially textures) suck
- Very bad implementation of jump jets screen shake
- Radar......(well, you can't even call it a radar...)
- NETCODE (IT REALLY SUCKS)
and hit detection system. You SEE that you hit a target, but often the hit is not detected... (and it's gone even worse with the latest patches)
- SSRMS hit ALWAYS center torso...
- HBK mech has problems with the crosshair (why..?
- DHSs are actually not double heat sinks...only 1,4x
- Seismic sensor OP
- Artillery Strik...what? Really?
- A LOT OF INVISIBLE WALLS in EVERY MAP.
- Maps suck (Tourmaline isn't so bad, but still has invisible walls problem) and are unbalanced.
- Assault mode on big maps like Alpine ends often with CapWarrior
- Most players won't read the team chat...
I uninstalled it just yesterday...it's really unplayable. Too unbalanced. Only PPCs, Gauss and LRMs. Brawling? It doesn't even exist...(expecially with the latest patch, which nerfed the mech mobility...)
I just call it FailWarrior Online...just a worthless commercial game that doesn't deserve to be part of the MechWarrior series.