Author Topic: I just had an awesome idea...  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Tufted Titmouse

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-1
  • But mom said it was MY turn to post!
I just had an awesome idea...
« on: March 15, 2013, 03:50:12 AM »
I think the next thing I want to model is an UrbanMech. Except I want it to have swagger befitting of an UrbanMech.

You guys have any ideas? I think I'm goin to give it an Afro.
SPARKLE

PARTY

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
Re: I just had an awesome idea...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 05:29:14 AM »
I dunno, I'm thinking something more.. classy, and less.... trashy. Why make a pimp Urbs, when you can give him a business suit to kick ass with, like Kazuya Mishima? Only.... more laser beams and less turning-into-Devil-with-laser-eyes.

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod

Offline [CG]Anastasius Focht

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-9079
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
Re: I just had an awesome idea...
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 08:29:53 AM »
Ive thought about it, its an easy design to model.
But its always been a "joke" variant

The UrbanMech is designed for just what its name suggests, urban combat and defense. This is achieved by making the UrbanMech the slowest light BattleMech in existence with a top speed of only 32.4 km/h and a jumping distance of only sixty meters. On an open battlefield, speeds that slow would be a death warrant for any light 'Mech

Good for drunken football crowds, (and rounding up the CJW after a big night out  ;D)but not much else.

Its (perhaps undeserved) status in the genre as a whole, lends support to my making one or more one day.
You have to understand the code of duty and honor that rules those who pilot these engines of destruction. Placing such an awesome weapon in the hands of an individual implies a similar gesture of trust

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anastasius_Focht