Author Topic: Fochts new project  (Read 5190 times)

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
Re: Fochts new project
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 01:15:49 AM »
I say buy another warhammer or two. 

Offline [CG]Anastasius Focht

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-9079
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 01:40:13 AM »
I agree with you both regarding the factory colours, the first one lends itself to an animated cartoon context, and the second is a bit flat.

I will go with a simple scheme, and then use crushed pastel chalks to dirt it up something shocking. Hopefully this will give it the industrial look im after.

I prob wont go with yellow for the gantry cranes, although they are a moving part, so the logic of them being in a warning colour is sound.

Various shades of grey with a metallic polished aluminium on the doors (which is much darker than it sounds, and will polish up to look like real metal) and again liberally dirted with crushed pastel sticks, black dark grey, orange for rust stains etc.

The whammy is a great model, you can get it in 1/100 and 1/72.

Mine is going to be a simple army green, with decals and weathering, as for the archer....... tempting as it is to go with a famous scheme i'm more inclined to paint it the same as the warhammer which im calling the jolly green giant.
The reason being this is a single repair facility, its likely to be servicing a single unit which will likely be using the same combat colours.
Of course if it were a Solaris repair facility, we would see different schemes.

Havent decided yet
You have to understand the code of duty and honor that rules those who pilot these engines of destruction. Placing such an awesome weapon in the hands of an individual implies a similar gesture of trust

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anastasius_Focht

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 04:30:03 AM »

You have to understand the code of duty and honor that rules those who pilot these engines of destruction. Placing such an awesome weapon in the hands of an individual implies a similar gesture of trust

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 03:02:25 AM »
One for the Warhammer fans.......

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2013, 07:59:49 AM »
Archer arrived today
Basic assembly and sanding started

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2013, 09:34:54 AM »
Its a real pity MWLL development was suspended, i would have loved to have seen the Archer in game.

Yes its a missile boat, but i would have loved to have seen LRM,MRM,SRM varients

Oddly enough it was once considered an assault class mech

Introduced in 2474, the Archer is one of the best-known and widely-used 'Mech still in use. A contemporary of 'Mechs such as the Thunderbolt and the Banshee, the Archer's primary role is as a fire support 'Mech, though early in its combat career it was considered an assault 'Mech. More than 100,000 Archers had been produced by the start of the First Succession War

Offline b0bgeld0f

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +33/-2
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2013, 01:31:10 PM »
Really cool project :) that Archer's torso kinda looks like a Vult's with bigger legs, and proper arms :P

Its a real pity MWLL development was suspended, i would have loved to have seen the Archer in game.

couldn't agree with you more.... (not about the Archer tho, i just found out about him :) )
would have loved to see that heavy vtol (Kharnov?) in action, and the forward repair trucks (sure i read something about it somewhere), and the mech lab, and the bug fixes for huits and corairs... and everything else on that damn list... sigh..

SIGH......!

still.. nice project Focht :) have fun with it ;)

Offline Ch3m1kal

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +59/-2
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2013, 03:39:09 PM »
I've always wished we had an archer instead of the catapult in MWLL, but c'est la vie...

Looking forward to seeing those mechs with decals and i'm assuming some drybrushing/weathering?
Where we're going, we don't need roads.

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2013, 12:05:30 AM »
Thanks ppl,
Yeah the archer came with a lot of decals including one of those WWII style ladies sitting on a bomb.

Im leaning towards a base coat of painted green, and then using crushed brown pastel chalk to give it a cammo effect.

Although replicating this scheme is very tempting

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2013, 10:07:39 AM »

Offline Ch3m1kal

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +59/-2
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2013, 08:13:05 PM »
Coming along nicely i see. I like the camo pattern, i wasn't sure about it from that reference you posted, but it came out pretty well.
Where we're going, we don't need roads.

Offline Fury9er

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-4
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2013, 10:09:11 PM »
Nice work Focht :D They are coming on very well.

Good point about the Archer/Mad Dog torso similarities, I never noticed them before!

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2013, 11:44:07 AM »

A few more as the scene takes shape

The pink and black things next to the Archer are fletchs to be fitted to the wooden arrow shafts also in the pic, pure coincidence that the two projects are in the frame

I'll post the final results here

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=26985.0
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 12:31:09 PM by [CG]Anastasius Focht »

Offline 9erRed

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-0
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2013, 03:42:24 PM »
Greetings all,

The mech bay looks like a good start, you may want to redo the man door at the first landing. Scale is way off, that door in reference to the pilots would be 10ft tall. Additionally there are no decals, poster, warning signs or work stations for the tech's to "do there stuff". Look in any excess model kit for left over decals and warning signs to place around in what would be "human" scale locations. And something on all that wall machinery above the platforms.

As a detail option you might want to look at removing all the stair railings and replacing with "photo-etched" railings. that platform would be a good start. Look in the ship model section for the correct scale railings, or if your really talented you can construct a frame using pins and tension thin thread over then, apply thin superglue, (it will wick along the thread) allow to dry and voilą. Your own railings. [less time to just buy them and fix on with same type cement] Another idea, scrape off some "graphite dust" from a pencil and "dry brush apply to the grills and piping to "enhance" the metal looks. The three post light above the doors are "activity" lights and need to be "green, yellow, red" coloured for there current status. I use a bright set of paint colours and dab a drop of "Microscale Kristal Klear" to create a "glass cover over the colour.
Disclaimer: I'm not associated with any of these products or companies.
But for working with clear parts or making small windows see here: (like glass covers over Laser weapons tubes)  http://www.microscale.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MI-9&Category_Code=FINPROD&Product_Count=8

Small note: all work elements, that's people movers and mostly anything that drives has warning stripes at vehicle corners. Your small vehicles need some attention, decals, signs, Id's, yes they are tiny but that is what makes the scene come alive. You can look at photo etched sized humans that should be the right scale, just apply paint, and place them about the area working on what ever. (the paint bulks up the small etched people and the base shape can be formed into different postures, you'll need tweezers to work with them though.)

Reference your colour scheme, the hanger should represent the "Faction" or "House" colours, if not that then the company factory colours. The various production companies all have logo's and colour schemes and can be found in the Sarna index. If your going with a Merc Company, then it would absolutely have their unit logo's and stripes represented on the walls. (maybe even a few "bounty posters", just for some "espris du corps" within the unit.)

If your looking for decals for almost any unit or organization check here:
 http://www.fightingpirannhagraphics.com/misc.htm
They also carry warning decals and stripes for equipment, vehicles, and crates. Look at their "Danger/Warning Signs" 01,02,03 selections, and the Warning Stripes. (excellent size and types for everything in that hanger.)

Excellent start, good luck,
9erRed
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 04:08:32 PM by 9erRed »