Wot I dun wrote on MWO Friday 12th July 1800 BST
to Monday 15th July 0600 BST
A quick introduction to Mechwarrior Living Legends[spoiler]
MW:LL is a combat simulation game set in the Battletech Universe built in Cry Engine
You may be thinking that this all sounds a little familiar, but that is where the similarities end.
- 32 Mechs (each with multiple variants)
- Truly combined arms, charge into battle as a nimble Battle Armour or pilot Vehicles from the Battletech Universe (Aerospace Fighters, VTOLs, Tanks, Hovercraft)
- A wide array of advanced weaponry up to the year 3067 (including Heavy Gauss, Heavy Lasers, Arrow IV, ATMs)
- 17 Unique official maps and dozens of high quality community created maps (autodownloder included)
- Multiple game modes (mostly respawn based)
- Up to 32 players on one server
- Hot Inner Sphere on Clan action
- Years of balancing and content
- Featuring the vocal talents of NGNGs very own George Ledoux reprising his role as Duncan Fisher
Best of all, it’s free! Gratis! A pure labour of love. A fantastic game missing one major thing, an active playerbase.
It has been approximately half a year since the final MW:LL update (0.7.1). Since then the population has reduced significantly. The most common issue I have heard from players in recent months is “servers are empty” or “game is dead”
What I want to achieve with Project Phoenix Down is a weekend of MW:LL glory, no particular agenda, no tournament, just get on a server and wreak some havoc. The game is definitely more fun the more people that are playing.
So this is the opportunity for those of you that never played it to see what it was all about, and for those of you that have it to dust it off and play it again.
Those of you that are in, get on Outreach Teamspeak during the event
If this is successful, and there is enough interest, I might look at organising a tournament, league or one day event like the ones that have been popular in the past (but I don’t have the experience or time to do it this time around)
If this interests you at all make sure you have the latest version of MWLL (download the complete standalone version here
) and I’ll see you on the battlefield.
TL:DR - Lets all play MWLL on the 2nd
weekend in July
Head over to the MWLL Forums
for more information
Get MW:LL Here